Related Forum Threads
- THE BEST RTW SHIRTS: Borrelli, Mattabisch, Barba, Sartoria Partenopea, Finamore, Vincenzo di... Last post on 2/1/14 at 3:53pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Shirts! Barba, Buonamassa, Borrelli, Truzzi, VdR, etc. from $100! Last post on 8/17/13 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BARBA Napoli July Re-Stock! Staple shirts all sizes 38-44! Last post on 8/18/15 at 4:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BARBA Napoli Re-up - Staple Shirts Blue, White (popular sizes) Last post on 6/7/15 at 5:18pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Last 2 left! BARBA Napoli - Staple Shirts Blue, White - Size 44! Last post on 2/23/15 at 1:24pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Barba Napoli Shirt label quality differncespost #1 of 205/28/09 at 1:43pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 205/28/09 at 1:47pmQuote:What is the difference in quality between white label, black label, and gold label Barba shirts? I have a black label Barba shirt that says, "cucito a mano" and then I have white label Barba shirt that says the same thing. What's the difference as I am about to buy more Barba shirts?
gold label are the best/most expensive fabrics, I think the other two are pretty much similar to each other.post #3 of 205/28/09 at 2:15pmpost #4 of 205/28/09 at 2:18pmQuote:As far as I know, Barba shirts with a black label have a tighter fit than those with a white label.
Have you tried Finamore? I think their shirts are much better than Barba and they have a similar fit.
Fit is all over the place, at least here in the US. Finamore is a better shirt but again, depending on where you are getting it, it could fit like a tent, like a sausage or somewhere in between.post #5 of 205/28/09 at 2:27pmQuote:Fit is all over the place, at least here in the US. Finamore is a better shirt but again, depending on where you are getting it, it could fit like a tent, like a sausage or somewhere in between.
That's not my experience. I have about ten Finamore shirts and they all fit exactly the same -- irrespective of whether I bought them in the US or in their shop in Naples.post #6 of 205/28/09 at 2:41pmpost #7 of 205/28/09 at 3:19pmpost #8 of 205/28/09 at 7:37pmpost #9 of 205/28/09 at 10:06pmpost #10 of 205/31/09 at 9:54pmThread StarterThanks for all the comments and help. I do concur that the black label fits pretty tight. In fact, a bit to tight for me. I am getting ready to buy a white label and I hope it fits just right. I have a Finamore shirt and it is my favorite shirt! Where can I get more in the U.S.? I got mine from Ian at Shopthefinest.post #11 of 206/1/09 at 8:50ampost #12 of 206/1/09 at 8:57amWhite label - hand attached armholes Black label - same as white but slimmer, plus, i have noticed the buttons are less thick Gold - hand attached armholes, shoulder seams, collar and handstiched buttonholes. Also i believe they have a buonomassa line which is the highest, but i am unsure as to how they differ from gold label except maybe better fabrics.post #13 of 208/23/11 at 9:03am
I wear only barba napoli, i have one Borelli shirt which is the same then Barba Napoli black label, they say that borelli is the same company then Barba, same factory. I wear only barba white label, the difference is just the size, the white label is slim and the black is super slim. Barba shirts are amazing because the shoulder fit is awesome, no shirt have this shoulder fit and i tried Borelli and Kiton and tons of cheaper shirts, they all wear like sandbags. There are some fakes around in ebay so i order from yoox.com or shopthefinest or small italian online shops. I never owned the gold label, in fact i never saw one! Show me a shop where i can buy it! I only know the "dandy line" which are retro shirts from barba and cheaper then white label.post #14 of 208/23/11 at 11:33ampost #15 of 208/23/11 at 11:46amHow do those Barba's hold up under commercial laundry?
I usually by Truzzi's - which are very hand sewn and loverly - but they are a bit delicate.
I'm looking for luxury shirts that can also stand up to the cleaners. As I refuse to pay $8 a pop to have them hand washed if I'm going to wear one everyday. And I even more refuse to do them myself!
Thus I reserve the Truzzi's for meetings, presentations.
- Barba Napoli Shirt label quality differnces
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 7 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 15 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...