Related Forum Threads
- THE BEST RTW SHIRTS: Borrelli, Mattabisch, Barba, Sartoria Partenopea, Finamore, Vincenzo di... Last post on 2/1/14 at 3:53pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Shirts! Barba, Buonamassa, Borrelli, Truzzi, VdR, etc. from $100! Last post on 8/17/13 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Last 2 left! BARBA Napoli - Staple Shirts Blue, White - Size 44! Last post on 2/23/15 at 1:24pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- New FINAMORE Napoli - Shirt Blue Pattern ~ 17 1/2 Last post on 7/28/14 at 7:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Linen BARBA & BORRELLI SHIRTS (PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING WORLDWIDE) Last post on 2/1/14 at 2:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Barba Napoli Shirt label quality differncespost #1 of 205/28/09 at 1:43pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 205/28/09 at 1:47pmQuote:What is the difference in quality between white label, black label, and gold label Barba shirts? I have a black label Barba shirt that says, "cucito a mano" and then I have white label Barba shirt that says the same thing. What's the difference as I am about to buy more Barba shirts?
gold label are the best/most expensive fabrics, I think the other two are pretty much similar to each other.post #3 of 205/28/09 at 2:15pmpost #4 of 205/28/09 at 2:18pmQuote:As far as I know, Barba shirts with a black label have a tighter fit than those with a white label.
Have you tried Finamore? I think their shirts are much better than Barba and they have a similar fit.
Fit is all over the place, at least here in the US. Finamore is a better shirt but again, depending on where you are getting it, it could fit like a tent, like a sausage or somewhere in between.post #5 of 205/28/09 at 2:27pmQuote:Fit is all over the place, at least here in the US. Finamore is a better shirt but again, depending on where you are getting it, it could fit like a tent, like a sausage or somewhere in between.
That's not my experience. I have about ten Finamore shirts and they all fit exactly the same -- irrespective of whether I bought them in the US or in their shop in Naples.post #6 of 205/28/09 at 2:41pmpost #7 of 205/28/09 at 3:19pmpost #8 of 205/28/09 at 7:37pmpost #9 of 205/28/09 at 10:06pmpost #10 of 205/31/09 at 9:54pmThread StarterThanks for all the comments and help. I do concur that the black label fits pretty tight. In fact, a bit to tight for me. I am getting ready to buy a white label and I hope it fits just right. I have a Finamore shirt and it is my favorite shirt! Where can I get more in the U.S.? I got mine from Ian at Shopthefinest.post #11 of 206/1/09 at 8:50ampost #12 of 206/1/09 at 8:57amWhite label - hand attached armholes Black label - same as white but slimmer, plus, i have noticed the buttons are less thick Gold - hand attached armholes, shoulder seams, collar and handstiched buttonholes. Also i believe they have a buonomassa line which is the highest, but i am unsure as to how they differ from gold label except maybe better fabrics.post #13 of 208/23/11 at 9:03am
I wear only barba napoli, i have one Borelli shirt which is the same then Barba Napoli black label, they say that borelli is the same company then Barba, same factory. I wear only barba white label, the difference is just the size, the white label is slim and the black is super slim. Barba shirts are amazing because the shoulder fit is awesome, no shirt have this shoulder fit and i tried Borelli and Kiton and tons of cheaper shirts, they all wear like sandbags. There are some fakes around in ebay so i order from yoox.com or shopthefinest or small italian online shops. I never owned the gold label, in fact i never saw one! Show me a shop where i can buy it! I only know the "dandy line" which are retro shirts from barba and cheaper then white label.post #14 of 208/23/11 at 11:33ampost #15 of 208/23/11 at 11:46amHow do those Barba's hold up under commercial laundry?
I usually by Truzzi's - which are very hand sewn and loverly - but they are a bit delicate.
I'm looking for luxury shirts that can also stand up to the cleaners. As I refuse to pay $8 a pop to have them hand washed if I'm going to wear one everyday. And I even more refuse to do them myself!
Thus I reserve the Truzzi's for meetings, presentations.
- Barba Napoli Shirt label quality differnces
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 21 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 38 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 13 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › RRL,LVC OAK STREET BOOTS, LAWLESS DENIM & WALLET SALE 17 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...