Related Forum Threads
- THE BEST RTW SHIRTS: Borrelli, Mattabisch, Barba, Sartoria Partenopea, Finamore, Vincenzo di... Last post on 2/1/14 at 3:53pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Shirts! Barba, Buonamassa, Borrelli, Truzzi, VdR, etc. from $100! Last post on 8/17/13 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BARBA Napoli July Re-Stock! Staple shirts all sizes 38-44! Last post on 8/18/15 at 4:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BARBA Napoli Re-up - Staple Shirts Blue, White (popular sizes) Last post on 6/7/15 at 5:18pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Last 2 left! BARBA Napoli - Staple Shirts Blue, White - Size 44! Last post on 2/23/15 at 1:24pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Barba Napoli Shirt label quality differncespost #1 of 205/28/09 at 1:43pmThread Starterpost #2 of 205/28/09 at 1:47pmQuote:What is the difference in quality between white label, black label, and gold label Barba shirts? I have a black label Barba shirt that says, "cucito a mano" and then I have white label Barba shirt that says the same thing. What's the difference as I am about to buy more Barba shirts?
gold label are the best/most expensive fabrics, I think the other two are pretty much similar to each other.post #3 of 205/28/09 at 2:15pmpost #4 of 205/28/09 at 2:18pmQuote:As far as I know, Barba shirts with a black label have a tighter fit than those with a white label.
Have you tried Finamore? I think their shirts are much better than Barba and they have a similar fit.
Fit is all over the place, at least here in the US. Finamore is a better shirt but again, depending on where you are getting it, it could fit like a tent, like a sausage or somewhere in between.post #5 of 205/28/09 at 2:27pmQuote:Fit is all over the place, at least here in the US. Finamore is a better shirt but again, depending on where you are getting it, it could fit like a tent, like a sausage or somewhere in between.
That's not my experience. I have about ten Finamore shirts and they all fit exactly the same -- irrespective of whether I bought them in the US or in their shop in Naples.post #6 of 205/28/09 at 2:41pmpost #7 of 205/28/09 at 3:19pmpost #8 of 205/28/09 at 7:37pmpost #9 of 205/28/09 at 10:06pmpost #10 of 205/31/09 at 9:54pmThread StarterThanks for all the comments and help. I do concur that the black label fits pretty tight. In fact, a bit to tight for me. I am getting ready to buy a white label and I hope it fits just right. I have a Finamore shirt and it is my favorite shirt! Where can I get more in the U.S.? I got mine from Ian at Shopthefinest.post #11 of 206/1/09 at 8:50ampost #12 of 206/1/09 at 8:57amWhite label - hand attached armholes Black label - same as white but slimmer, plus, i have noticed the buttons are less thick Gold - hand attached armholes, shoulder seams, collar and handstiched buttonholes. Also i believe they have a buonomassa line which is the highest, but i am unsure as to how they differ from gold label except maybe better fabrics.post #13 of 208/23/11 at 9:03am
I wear only barba napoli, i have one Borelli shirt which is the same then Barba Napoli black label, they say that borelli is the same company then Barba, same factory. I wear only barba white label, the difference is just the size, the white label is slim and the black is super slim. Barba shirts are amazing because the shoulder fit is awesome, no shirt have this shoulder fit and i tried Borelli and Kiton and tons of cheaper shirts, they all wear like sandbags. There are some fakes around in ebay so i order from yoox.com or shopthefinest or small italian online shops. I never owned the gold label, in fact i never saw one! Show me a shop where i can buy it! I only know the "dandy line" which are retro shirts from barba and cheaper then white label.post #14 of 208/23/11 at 11:33ampost #15 of 208/23/11 at 11:46amHow do those Barba's hold up under commercial laundry?
I usually by Truzzi's - which are very hand sewn and loverly - but they are a bit delicate.
I'm looking for luxury shirts that can also stand up to the cleaners. As I refuse to pay $8 a pop to have them hand washed if I'm going to wear one everyday. And I even more refuse to do them myself!
Thus I reserve the Truzzi's for meetings, presentations.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Need help for feedback - Watches design on Kickstarter 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 9 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 10 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts