or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Cigarettes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cigarettes - Page 26

post #376 of 414
I've been smoking Mild Seven Lights or Ultra Lights for the past month. They're good and cheap. A carton was 2000yen at the airport. I like how in Japan they list the nicotine and tar levels on every cigarette. I wish it was like that in the US.

I also bought a pack of Cohiba Cigarillos Negros. They're the harshest cigarettes I've ever tried. I don't inhale and it's like a mini cigar. Very tasty. Can't get them in the US...
post #377 of 414
Does anybody know the current average price of cigarettes in greece? Google doesnt give me any usefull answer.
post #378 of 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianm View Post
Does anybody know the current average price of cigarettes in greece? Google doesnt give me any usefull answer.

compared to where you live, dirt cheap.. tobacco taxes in greece are among the lower ones in europe..
post #379 of 414
Sounds great. Thanks!
post #380 of 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastPirate View Post
I was lucky enough to pick up a carton or so of legitimate Djarum Blacks (the cigarette kind) while I was in Toronto on vacation. I still can't believe they're actually illegal in the US. Put a pretty decent dent in them the first couple weeks but eventually switched back to the electronic cigarette. I'm hoping to smoke some of them in high traffic areas on campus and see if I can attract any former clove smokers that will buy them off of me, haha.

It's sickening that the tobacco companies were able to buy off the government and get Djarum made illegal. The convergence of a nanny state and corporatism is sad.
post #381 of 414
Been smoking smoking Mild Sevens lately.... thanks to all my friends bringing them back for me from Overseas dutyfree..

Otherwise its Nat Sherman Mints and Marlboro "Gold Pack"...
post #382 of 414
- Lucky Strike - Black Devil - Old Holborn /thread
post #383 of 414
Studying is ramping up my habit, I'm beginning to get short of breath walking up stairs.... sigh.
post #384 of 414
I used to love Nat Sherman Classics in the brown book-style box. Loved them with wine, loved them with coffee, loved them after sex. To me, explaining the allure of cigarettes to a non-smoker is like explaining the allure of women to an eight year old boy who thinks girls are "icky."

What I've learned since quitting though is that the buzz you get from being a self-righteous prick non-smoker is far better than nicotine. If I had known that I would have quit long before.
post #385 of 414
Is there a Cigerette that is similar to Dunhills? I love Dunhills but there is only one place I can get them and its fairly far away plus there $8 a pack so I have limited myself to a pack a month.
post #386 of 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazerac View Post
What I've learned since quitting though is that the buzz you get from being a self-righteous prick non-smoker is far better than nicotine. If I had known that I would have quit long before.

lol funny shit.

I've been rolling my own now. I tried Danish Export first. It is really nice, very smooth and has a good taste. Slightly more nicotine than I was used to (smoking ultra lights), but it's all natural. I recently picked up a new blend from Holt's. It's Virginia and Turkish tobaccos aged with Tennessee whiskey and some Latakia. It tastes very flavorful and smooth, although a bit sweet. I may cut it with some Danish Export.

I recently ordered some "dual-purpose" pipe tobacco, meant to be used for cigarettes. It's really cheap. 16 bucks a pound. They circumvent the new taxes, because it doesn't apply to pipe tobacco. I hope I like it. It'll be less than 50 cents a pack if it does.
post #387 of 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
Is there a Cigerette that is similar to Dunhills? I love Dunhills but there is only one place I can get them and its fairly far away plus there $8 a pack so I have limited myself to a pack a month.

Dunhills are made in a variety of countries and would vary taste-wise. Best are UK-made, next Swiss, then other shit-places. UK Dunhills have a very distinct taste hard to imitate
post #388 of 414
I know this goes against the purpose of this thread, but has anyone used Allen Carr's book to quit smoking? Some people I respect have recommended it. I sat down with it at lunch, and 3 chapters in, he's still just beating his chest about all the people he's helped to quit smoking.
post #389 of 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharwitt View Post
I know this goes against the purpose of this thread, but has anyone used Allen Carr's book to quit smoking? Some people I respect have recommended it. I sat down with it at lunch, and 3 chapters in, he's still just beating his chest about all the people he's helped to quit smoking.
That has a purpose. It's to make you think, holy shit this guy helped all these people stop smoking I bet he can help me too. It puts you in a frame of mind that makes the following advice more effective. Or at least that's the bullshit theory I just came up with. Also, Nat Shermans are pretty good.
post #390 of 414
I only smoke under intense stress. I always buy Marlboro Reds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Cigarettes