or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you find gay this shirt?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you find gay this shirt? - Page 3

post #31 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sii1981 View Post
quote:
Originally Posted by blackbowtie
I'm gay, I really love this shirt and would totally wear it. So I guess that makes the shirt gay? What will poor Azure do now that "gay" doesn't seem to fit neatly into narrow, preconceived notions?

whats the big deal with saying a shirt is gay looking? so you are gay and dont dress that way, who cares? hold on, are you trying to make this topic about your unique gay look? if so please carry on

Homophobe alert?

To my mind, there might be two reasons why Azure uses the word "gay":

1) his use of the term "gay" as a shorthand for a certain look, which he doesn't like, for lack of a better word, particularly since English is not his mother tongue. Obviously, in this case he means no offense.

OR

2) his preconceived notion that all gay people look, dress and behave in the same way. This is offensive.

I'm giving Azure the benefit of the doubt that it's the former, not the latter.

Getting back to Azure - it's a nice shirt - I would not hesitate to get it (provided that it fits). I would not wear it with a suit to an interview, but it would totally look great with jeans, maybe even untucked if the length is right. Looks perfect for summer on the Meditteranean.
post #32 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I like it

dual purposes, outfit with jeans and summer use with some suit and flower tie. I live in Europe of course!

http://www.shopthefinest.com/Image.a...13/FN374-1.jpg

Do you find it non serious or gay?

With all my respects to gay people

if you are asking the question, then you must think it is gay.
dont buy it. you will always be bothered by that thought each time you wear it.
post #33 of 81
bowtie, take it easy( you already said he means no offense), we all know stereotypes are never 100% anyway, just that if people get a lecture everytime they use one, these posts are going to be so long and boring.
post #34 of 81
Why work so hard to like a shirt. Just move on.
post #35 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbowtie View Post
Homophobe alert? To my mind, there might be two reasons why Azure uses the word "gay": 1) his use of the term "gay" as a shorthand for a certain look, which he doesn't like, for lack of a better word, particularly since English is not his mother tongue. Obviously, in this case he means no offense. OR 2) his preconceived notion that all gay people look, dress and behave in the same way. This is offensive. I'm giving Azure the benefit of the doubt that it's the former, not the latter. Getting back to Azure - it's a nice shirt - I would not hesitate to get it (provided that it fits). I would not wear it with a suit to an interview, but it would totally look great with jeans, maybe even untucked if the length is right. Looks perfect for summer on the Meditteranean.
Thanks, of course I mean 1!! By the way, I love the way a famous " real gay" spaniard tv guy wears. Here I go . http://www.elpais.com/recorte/200707...lpepuage_2.jpg and the is an example of what I mean as that http://www.frikipedia.es/friki/Archi...istian_RBD.jpg I wanted to say If I´ll look real homo if I wear the flowered shirt with a jacket,specially since I´m called " gay" when I walk on the street with my slim suits and my looks. I think there are some people that aren´t proud of themselves...and got very low selfsteeme or whatever or lives in a cove .And gay people are allowed to get married here. So we are very used to watch them. Thanks
post #36 of 81
Most people do not mean anything drastically dark and twisted when they use stereotypes...
We're sometimes clumsy and for a few of us , English is not our first language...
post #37 of 81
Was anyone else confused by the title wording?
post #38 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
Was anyone else confused by the title wording?

Gay find I shirt this.
post #39 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
Most people do not mean anything drastically dark and twisted when they use stereotypes...
We're sometimes clumsy and for a few of us , English is not our first language...

post #40 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
Was anyone else confused by the title wording?
Was it; Do you find this shirt gay? Please correct me. Sorry about my english
post #41 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Was it; Do you find this shirt gay? Please correct me. Sorry about my english

That sounds about right.
post #42 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Was it; Do you find this shirt gay? Please correct me. Sorry about my english

Technically, but the alternate wording was the only reason I was intrigued enough to open this thread. I was hoping it was like Yoda looking for advice on sartorial gayness.
post #43 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
Was anyone else confused by the title wording?
Like vaclava krishna without the commas.
post #44 of 81
Although I don tlike this iteration myself, I could see this under the right circumstances used for a social get together. And, though the wearer would need to be something of a gregarious extrovert with self confidence and presence, I wouldn't see this as "gay", in the meaning I think you intend. Personally, I prefer a lot of the jacquards that Duchamp offers or that Acorn has available to get made up.
post #45 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Do you find it non serious or gay? With all my respects to gay people
But two of these shirts making sure they both of the same sex. Place them side by side and observe what will happen. If they start making out it means they're gay. If they are gay shirts IMO they awful gay shirts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you find gay this shirt?