or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask me about Eyewear!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask me about Eyewear! - Page 169

post #2521 of 2724
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I'm thinking about getting a pair of rimless glasses. The last pair I had were Kawasaki's about 10 years ago. Can anyone recommend good , updated brands? I don't want noticiable side details.

I had these before. They were nice and subtle but perhaps dated now?

More important than the chassis is the shape of the lens you choose.  You see more rimless with larger and more rounded shapes than 10 years ago.  The set you have now look fine to me.  I would just get an updated lens shape. 

post #2522 of 2724
I would get a rounded lens shape because it suits the shape of my face. The narrow rectangle lens look never worked for me.

Also, round lenses tend to be more forgiving when the frames are a little off balance. That happens to me a lot having uneven ears.
post #2523 of 2724

Larger and rounder lenses are in shape.  If your ears are not even (as is the case with many people) you can have your optician make an adjustment to correct this.

post #2524 of 2724
Went to a new art exhibit yesterday and it was packed. Noticed a few people with the smaller p3 frames I've been trying to place a brand on. Lots of cool looking frames too.
post #2525 of 2724
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

Went to a new art exhibit yesterday and it was packed. Noticed a few people with the smaller p3 frames I've been trying to place a brand on. Lots of cool looking frames too.

Were they like these P3?

http://www.shuron.com/ronstrong.htm
post #2526 of 2724
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post

Were they like these P3?

http://www.shuron.com/ronstrong.htm

No, more like Gregory peck from op. I was under the impression that was p3 frame.
post #2527 of 2724
P3 is a lense shape, not a frame style per se. If you look close at the Gregory Peck from OP and the Ronstrong from Shuron, you'll see that the lens shape is the same. But one is a plastic frame with some "horns" and a keyhole bridge, the other is a wire metal frame with nose pads.
post #2528 of 2724
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post

P3 is a lense shape, not a frame style per se. If you look close at the Gregory Peck from OP and the Ronstrong from Shuron, you'll see that the lens shape is the same. But one is a plastic frame with some "horns" and a keyhole bridge, the other is a wire metal frame with nose pads.

Then to answer your original question no. The ones I think I really want are op Anderson's. I just can't find a place with them or looked briefly but didn't find it so I stopped. There is a great botique on Newbury street but they don't carry op anymore. They do carry BP and I like the Wilmot but those look a little bit too big on my face.

I do really like the fact that the frame can be two toned. I like the clear/honey with tortoise and also saw black with tortoise at the store but not online.
post #2529 of 2724
Sorry I couldn't help more. P3 horn rims are very cool. And you are right, they seem to be back in fashion these days. There are lots of vintage and current reproduction options out there. I agree that two tones are very cool. Awhile back I was looking at some clear/redwood NOS Tart Arnels. But I put off buying them. They shot up and price and then got sold out. Shame on me for waiting.

Is that Wellesley Optical on Newbury? I walked by there yesterday, but didn't stop in.
post #2530 of 2724

Are there any linda farrow stockist in ny?

post #2531 of 2724
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post

Sorry I couldn't help more. P3 horn rims are very cool. And you are right, they seem to be back in fashion these days. There are lots of vintage and current reproduction options out there. I agree that two tones are very cool. Awhile back I was looking at some clear/redwood NOS Tart Arnels. But I put off buying them. They shot up and price and then got sold out. Shame on me for waiting.

Is that Wellesley Optical on Newbury? I walked by there yesterday, but didn't stop in.

Yea it was Wellesley. I've lived in the area for a few years but only stopped in once. Great selection of frames though.
post #2532 of 2724
Anyone know who makes Alexander McQueen's glasses? How's their quality?
post #2533 of 2724

Hey, guys. Wanted to ask for your feedback.

 

Me and my friend were thinking about making eyeglasses that are not just a functional object, but has an inspiring story behind. I.e. glasses that are designed not only on esthetic basis, but which looks were inspired by a story or some element of life. That might be a special place or moment, a natural wonder or man-made object, a legend, an art movement, a childhood toy or a philosopher’s quote. Whatever.

I attach an example. My friend is kinda into Samurais' culture so... :)

(here's a link for bigger picture, also I insert the same at the end of the post)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2tg4ehunvy02d6/Samurai_su_tekstu2.jpg

 

Also we believe that a good story is a sincerely and uniquely told one. So we want it to be told by different people all around the world, we want it to be told by independent designers. They would suggest concepts, people would evaluate them and we would take care of production. Sort of threadless.com for glasses.

 

What do tou think? Would you cosider trying such glasses? No way? why?

 

Sincere feedback is apreciated :)

 

post #2534 of 2724
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabledGlasses View Post

What do tou think? Would you cosider trying such glasses? No way? why?

Hard to say. Maybe.

The story idea is interesting. But I like to think I care more about substance than marketing. So to the degree there's some vision or story behind the product, I'd like more clear insight into how it actually translates into design and manufacture.
post #2535 of 2724

^^^ Won't my ears fall off if I put on those frames?

 

...


Picked up a pair of O&X frames. Very happy with my purchase, and I wish I could've gotten 3 or 4 more additional pairs of O&X and Kio Yamato, but (1) I already had to pay out of pocket for these since VSP sucks, and (2) I wear contact lenses like 99% of the time.

 

OT-285


Edited by zombie - 2/27/14 at 2:25pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask me about Eyewear!