or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask me about Eyewear!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask me about Eyewear! - Page 89

post #1321 of 2672
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungz0r View Post
Well the frames go for around $200, which falls under my health insurance claim so I'd be basically getting them for free. Which other brands would have something similar? I don't know much about glasses, my current ones are from Momo, the racing brand.

oh, you must be getting them at an optometrist office. Confirm the price of the lenses and dispensing fee. It may come out to more than your budget allows.

I am not saying that they are bad frames, I am just saying that you can get other ones for a more competitive price. IMO, they are the similar quality of say Rayban or Persol. But if the style works for you, go for it. And if your insurance is paying for it, all the better!
post #1322 of 2672
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityConnection View Post
Sorry for going off topic but...

I JUST HIT 1,000 POSTS!!!! MOSTLY FROM THIS THREAD (I'm not much help in any other thread). LOL!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is effective spamming. Well done.
post #1323 of 2672
How is the quality of mykita lenses? Are they equal to the price?
post #1324 of 2672
What are your thoughts on Barton Perreira Sebastians:


I can get them a little cheaper than $380...
post #1325 of 2672
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
How is the quality of mykita lenses? Are they equal to the price?

I like them. Little pricey, but they are pretty light weight. Lots of styles to choose from and I get a kick out of the hingeless legs.
post #1326 of 2672
I have tried to search through this thread and on SF in general, but have had some difficulty finding information about the various made to measure eyewear makers out there. I know Davies has a program and read on here that Oliver Goldsmith does too, but was wondering if there were any US based options and general price ranges. I am searching as a xmas present for my stepdad, who has a extremely hard time finding well fitting glasses(combination of large head and assymetry) lead to glasses being uncomfortable and plain ill fitting. I know he wouldn't buy them for himself so I am hoping I can find a decently affordable option so I can give him a gift certificate or something of that sort for xmas.
post #1327 of 2672
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by husbands View Post
What are your thoughts on Barton Perreira Sebastians:


I can get them a little cheaper than $380...

Not bad. The style reminds me of a Salt Optics frame which is probably in the same price range. If you like the style, go for it. The quality should be decent as well.
post #1328 of 2672
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by negusnegas View Post
I have tried to search through this thread and on SF in general, but have had some difficulty finding information about the various made to measure eyewear makers out there. I know Davies has a program and read on here that Oliver Goldsmith does too, but was wondering if there were any US based options and general price ranges. I am searching as a xmas present for my stepdad, who has a extremely hard time finding well fitting glasses(combination of large head and assymetry) lead to glasses being uncomfortable and plain ill fitting. I know he wouldn't buy them for himself so I am hoping I can find a decently affordable option so I can give him a gift certificate or something of that sort for xmas.

Funny thing you ask. I don't know of any but I have been recently looking it up too. When I find some, I will post it up in here.
post #1329 of 2672
So I tried on a pair of Oliver People's Larrabee's todays in a 48 and it was so close to perfect. The sales staff told me they don't come in a smaller size, but I've found them in 45 in "PopularGlasses.com". Is the site bullshit, or what? Also, the colours seem a bit off on their site. What's the name of the darkest tortoise they make? I like a bit of colour but not too much visible contrast. If they don't legitimately make a Larrabee in size 45, anything similar? It's between that and Riley in a 43.
post #1330 of 2672
I'm purchasing some Ray Ban Old Wayfarers but my ears are crooked how do I get that shit fixed (the glasses, not my ears)?
post #1331 of 2672
Quote:
Originally Posted by xM. View Post
So I tried on a pair of Oliver People's Larrabee's todays in a 48 and it was so close to perfect. The sales staff told me they don't come in a smaller size, but I've found them in 45 in "PopularGlasses.com". Is the site bullshit, or what? Also, the colours seem a bit off on their site. What's the name of the darkest tortoise they make? I like a bit of colour but not too much visible contrast.

If they don't legitimately make a Larrabee in size 45, anything similar? It's between that and Riley in a 43.

I don't trust popularglasses.
post #1332 of 2672
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay87 View Post
I'm purchasing some Ray Ban Old Wayfarers but my ears are crooked how do I get that shit fixed (the glasses, not my ears)?

Yes. It can be fixed. The Wayfarers are a bit difficult to work with because of the way that their hinges/fronts are designed. A skilled dispenser will be able to make the necessary with a file and a heater. If you go somewhere and they tell you it cannot be done, just walk out and find an older dispenser. It was a very common style of hinge to adjust back in the 70-80s.
post #1333 of 2672
CityConnection, can you help with what I posted earlier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xM. View Post
So I tried on a pair of Oliver People's Larrabee's todays in a 48 and it was so close to perfect. The sales staff told me they don't come in a smaller size, but I've found them in 45 in "PopularGlasses.com". Is the site bullshit, or what? Also, the colours seem a bit off on their site. What's the name of the darkest tortoise they make? I like a bit of colour but not too much visible contrast. If they don't legitimately make a Larrabee in size 45, anything similar? It's between that and Riley in a 43.
I'm not sure I trust popularglasses, since they seem to be the only site in existence with the Larrabee's in a 45. Do they actually exist, and if not, what's are some similar options? Like I said, the 48 looks decent enough as a slightly oversized frame, but I'm really not looking for something slightly oversized.
post #1334 of 2672
Quote:
Originally Posted by xM. View Post
CityConnection, can you help with what I posted earlier? I'm not sure I trust popularglasses, since they seem to be the only site in existence with the Larrabee's in a 45. Do they actually exist, and if not, what's are some similar options? Like I said, the 48 looks decent enough as a slightly oversized frame, but I'm really not looking for something slightly oversized.
Look, you asked Oliver Peoples directly and they told you they don't have it. I don't see why this is so difficult for you. Do you actually lack that much common sense that you'd trust a not reputable third party seller over the company itself?
post #1335 of 2672
I didn't ask Oliver Peoples' directly, I asked the lady working at the store I went to who only had a 2008 catalogue on hand. I'm as much asking about legitimacy of there being a size 45 as I am looking for alternatives.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask me about Eyewear!