or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask me about Eyewear!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask me about Eyewear! - Page 88

post #1306 of 2705
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog View Post
Do you know of any Toronto retailers carrying Kilsgaard frames? Or Wolfgang Proksch?

I have no idea who carries either. Kilsgaard will be very difficult to find as their customer service representation in Ontario is pretty poor. Most shops will not want to deal with the current distributor (if it is still the same person who did it in the past).

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.
post #1307 of 2705
Thread Starter 
Sorry for going off topic but...

I JUST HIT 1,000 POSTS!!!! MOSTLY FROM THIS THREAD (I'm not much help in any other thread). LOL!
post #1308 of 2705
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsometigers View Post
The scary thing about finding "cheap" brand name glasses is the possibility of them being fake.

This is correct. The cheaper it is, the more odd I would think it would be. There are tons of online stores. My concern would be finding a reputable one more than the best price. There has been so many "busts" where they find fake Raybans.
post #1309 of 2705
This is more of a question to everyone and it might seem stupid but here goes,

which glasses style aren't played out?

Thanks haha.
post #1310 of 2705
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Milano View Post
This is more of a question to everyone and it might seem stupid but here goes, which glasses style aren't played out? Thanks haha.
Simply put... If you have seen it on a bill board, stay away. If it is a household name, stay away. If your friend and his brother have them, stay away. If all the "cool" people are wearing them, stay away. Kind of vague, but you get the idea.
post #1311 of 2705
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsometigers View Post
The scary thing about finding "cheap" brand name glasses is the possibility of them being fake.

i know.

but this still doesn't really answer my question :\\
post #1312 of 2705
can someone comment on lanvin's quality?
post #1313 of 2705
bump
post #1314 of 2705
Opinions on tom ford tf5013 frames? I want to pick up a new pair of glasses
post #1315 of 2705
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
i know.

but this still doesn't really answer my question :\\

Sorry. I do not know of any online sunglass retailers, although I think there is a SF Affiliate that sells them. Maybe one of the Mods can drop a link in this thread.
post #1316 of 2705
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daruma View Post
can someone comment on lanvin's quality?

Sorry, I am of no help as I have not had any long term experience with the line.

Can someone else give some input?
post #1317 of 2705
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungz0r View Post
Opinions on tom ford tf5013 frames? I want to pick up a new pair of glasses

IMO, you can find that style in many different brands. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice frame but so many brands have even copied even that shiny metal trim. For the money you pay and the product you get I think you could find another brand that has something comparable. I would take my $500+ else where, but that is my opinion. I am all about "value". And personally I think you could find better "value" elsewhere.
post #1318 of 2705
Is the "bridge" measurement on a sunglass frame a reliable guide to fit? I have a Persol frame with a 16mm bridge which slips on my nose; should I stay away from anything 17mm or larger?
post #1319 of 2705
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
Is the "bridge" measurement on a sunglass frame a reliable guide to fit? I have a Persol frame with a 16mm bridge which slips on my nose; should I stay away from anything 17mm or larger?

Depends how it is slipping. If the side of the pads are not touch and it is sliding down, stay away from anything that is wider. If they are touching but sliding down changes are it just needs an adjustment. If you get a dispenser to adjust them they may be able to help the fit a bit.

The "bridge" measurement is NOT a fool-proof measurement. Usually a "17" bridge can be an actual "16.5mm" or "17.5". It isn't a big difference, but if you consider 16.5 and 17.5, it is a difference of 1mm. In the eye world, that is huge. We measure things in factions of millimeters. When lenses are cut they are to the 100th of a millimeter. So that should give you an idea of the specifics in eyewear.

I know I kind of gave a vague answer. But if you have another specific question, let us know.
post #1320 of 2705
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityConnection View Post
IMO, you can find that style in many different brands. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice frame but so many brands have even copied even that shiny metal trim. For the money you pay and the product you get I think you could find another brand that has something comparable. I would take my $500+ else where, but that is my opinion. I am all about "value". And personally I think you could find better "value" elsewhere.

Well the frames go for around $200, which falls under my health insurance claim so I'd be basically getting them for free. Which other brands would have something similar? I don't know much about glasses, my current ones are from Momo, the racing brand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask me about Eyewear!