or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 607

post #9091 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post

Looking to pick up some officer's chinos or the denim one's that context has. Are those available in the RRL stores (specifically Melrose) or are they exclusive to context?

nothing RRL is exclusive to context. several retailers including affiliate blake and american rag have or had them (at least for the selvedge officer chinos in khaki). not sure about their current stock obvi

best bet is to go into melrose rrl and tell them what you are looking for and they can check inventory at the other RL and RRL stores

try and email or call am rag and blake too
post #9092 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post

Looking to pick up some officer's chinos or the denim one's that context has. Are those available in the RRL stores (specifically Melrose) or are they exclusive to context?

The denim ones arent in RRL shops that I've seen but theyre not exclusive to Context. Industrie Denim in SF has them too.
post #9093 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Didn't see it coz I heard it was awful. Whats it like - vintage(y) wetern(y)?

both.
it was a decent show to check out during a dinner at home but i'm glad i didnt watch it in the theaters for $13. if u want the link to watch, send me a PM.
post #9094 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorman View Post


Man, those are nice. I was looking for something like that too: buckle back, no pocket design.
Are your 32's vanity sized? Could you give me a waist measurement on the 31's you have? Do you know what your true waist size is? How do they weigh? Are they still made in the US? I'm really considering them! haha.


Hey - turns out my 32 slim fits are actually tagged 33s, and are not vanity sized at all.  They measure exactly 33 and 11.5 thigh.  My new slim fit buckle backs are tagged 31 and actually measure 34, but the thighs are also 11.5.  The legs seem almost identical to my sized 33 old ones.  The buckle backs of course haven't been washed and my old slim fits are probably 6 years old, have been washed maybe 6 times or so, and dripped dry.  My actual waist is 34 at my hips where I wear my jeans.  I wear a 30 in low straights but had to go up a size on these to 31 because the thigh was too tight on the 30s.  The buckle backs are US made, yup.  Highly recommended.  Their sizing is so screwy, but hope this helps.  

post #9095 of 20052
i snagged some low straights in spring creek 2 wash and i love the shit out of them. same dilly yo with my rrl oxford; got both at an ok discount at barneys outlet in niagara and they kick the shit out of anything else i own for the price
post #9096 of 20052
Last day of the Pink Pony sale.

I finally decided on a couple of purchases, despite my overall lack of enthusiasm.

Brown striped work chino

Faded indigo workshirt

I was told there would be no RRL private sale this year, so the next markdown won't be until the end of season price drops and at that point the things you want in the sizes you need may not be around.
post #9097 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit View Post

Last day of the Pink Pony sale.
I finally decided on a couple of purchases, despite my overall lack of enthusiasm.
Brown striped work chino
Faded indigo workshirt
I was told there would be no RRL private sale this year, so the next markdown won't be until the end of season price drops and at that point the things you want in the sizes you need may not be around.

great picks. Im especially a found of them there chinos
post #9098 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbnyc View Post



Hey - turns out my 32 slim fits are actually tagged 33s, and are not vanity sized at all.  They measure exactly 33 and 11.5 thigh.  My new slim fit buckle backs are tagged 31 and actually measure 34, but the thighs are also 11.5.  The legs seem almost identical to my sized 33 old ones.  The buckle backs of course haven't been washed and my old slim fits are probably 6 years old, have been washed maybe 6 times or so, and dripped dry.  My actual waist is 34 at my hips where I wear my jeans.  I wear a 30 in low straights but had to go up a size on these to 31 because the thigh was too tight on the 30s.  The buckle backs are US made, yup.  Highly recommended.  Their sizing is so screwy, but hope this helps.  

Ah. Nice, it seems like I should buy a 32 then if a 31 measures out to a 34. Damn! I'll wait for a 32 x 32....and another sale. shog[1].gif
post #9099 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit View Post

Last day of the Pink Pony sale.
I finally decided on a couple of purchases, despite my overall lack of enthusiasm.
Brown striped work chino
Faded indigo workshirt
I was told there would be no RRL private sale this year, so the next markdown won't be until the end of season price drops and at that point the things you want in the sizes you need may not be around.

I was just told there would be a private sale and that pre-sale starts in about 3 weeks.
post #9100 of 20052
Went to the Melrose store today. If anyone in the LA area is curious they have tons of officer chinos in all sizes. This is actually the first time I've been there and actually seen them when they've been in stock. They also said that the denim version was very popular and they were all sold out, and couldnt find any in my size at the other stores?

Ended up walking out empty-handed, not sure if I'll regret missing missing out on the officer chinos... but I did walk down the street to a consignment store and managed to score a brand new pair of Quoddy Grizzly boot for dirt cheap. I guess the day wasn't all bad...
post #9101 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Also, I just noticed that the Western Slim Chino which I commented on a few days ago as being a good price ($120) have gone up to $240! The cords which I bought (for $102 shipped) and are currently in the mail (smile.gif)have completely disappeared - I guess they had the prices wrong after all?! I reckon the cords will probably go for $270 (ish) when they're put back on the website (if I'm correctly understanding the UK & USA website pricing correlations). Well done everyone who got a nice deal!

I got my chinos today. I have a pair of cords in this cut from a few season ago that I love; somehow they feel slimmer in the chino. I'll probably have to return them.

But the packaging was odd. They came all wadded up and wrinkled, and the pant legs were rolled/scrunched up to look like a pair of shorts. I'm not sure what was going on, except maybe they came off a mannequin in a store?

I'm curious to hear how folks like the cords.
post #9102 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

I was just told there would be a private sale and that pre-sale starts in about 3 weeks.

Interesting. We have conflicting reports. Mine was from an SA, but I know that you are generally similarly informed. I wonder if it is a situation where RRL isn't included in the private sale?

Thankfully we are members of a forum where we can share well-intentioned half-truths and misinformation in advance of any actual sale, and only enjoy ourselves all the more as a result wink.gif
post #9103 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit View Post

Interesting. We have conflicting reports. Mine was from an SA, but I know that you are generally similarly informed. I wonder if it is a situation where RRL isn't included in the private sale?
Thankfully we are members of a forum where we can share well-intentioned half-truths and misinformation in advance of any actual sale, and only enjoy ourselves all the more as a result wink.gif

Yeah my info came from at SA at the RL store in downtown SF. I phoned in an order for the rigid denim Buffalo shirt right before the sale ended and got told pre-sale is in three weeks.
post #9104 of 20052
Hey guys.

Presale for the Private Sale starts on April 27. The sale goes public on May 5th I believe. No word yet of the percentages or which groups are included.

The Give in Style event was a great opportunity to get core items that won't be included in Private Sale. ie Core Washes of Jeans, Core colors in officer chinos, henleys, etc. Core items are the pieces we carry year round.

On another note, we were told Give in Style event will be extended to today. No word if it is online, but it might be just extended for in store only.

We also received this brand new rigid denim jacket. The jacket has a neat inverted pleat on the front on the both sides of the front placket.

469

469

Let me know if you guys need anything last minute. (please send me an email. I can not respond to private messages at work)

Thanks,

Robert

robert.schoettker@ralphlauren.com
post #9105 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

They came all wadded up and wrinkled, and the pant legs were rolled/scrunched up to look like a pair of shorts. I'm not sure what was going on, except maybe they came off a mannequin in a store?

That's actually how they ship their chinos from the warehouse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread