Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 61

post #901 of 27892
edit: body fit is ok - the chest seems big? i wouldn't spend more at the tailor with this shirt because the shoulders seem big, which you really can't fix, so it's never going to be quite right. sleeves look ok, but it's up to your preference. of course, don't shorten them if you haven't washed it yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagthesam View Post
Judge the fit of this oxford I just got back from the tailor: I'm thinking slim the sleeves a bit more and also shorten them a bit more.
post #902 of 27892
The shoulders is actually perfect, it only looks off because the waves around the shoulders and the bad picture quaity. It actually sits right on the part where its supposed to sit. If you think that arms look good though, I think I'm good.
post #903 of 27892
to be honest it looks like you started with a shirt 1 size too big and got the body tapered. the sleeves could definitely be slimmed in proportion to the taper, imo. but i think the chest/shoulders look are big, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagthesam View Post
The shoulders is actually perfect, it only looks off because the waves around the shoulders and the bad picture quaity. It actually sits right on the part where its supposed to sit.

If you think that arms look good though, I think I'm good.
post #904 of 27892
I have an extra pair of one wash 32x32 I can let go for $80 shipped if anyone interested. Actual waist is ~34". Best denim and wash of all the jeans I own (APC, LVC, Samurai). This pair don't have stitching in the back pockets.
post #905 of 27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18 View Post
Well considering that none of the "boring" RRL range is online and that it is difficult to find in person, a couple oxfords and jeans on Gilt would have been nice.

Well at least Farinelli's, Barneys etc carry those... you never see most those accessories outside of RRL stores in the U.S.
post #906 of 27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by __CB__ View Post
Well at least Farinelli's, Barneys etc carry those... you never see most those accessories outside of RRL stores in the U.S.

True true. For the record, I bought a canvas bifold and a slim belt. The leather looks like it should be nice.
post #907 of 27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadcollar View Post
to be honest it looks like you started with a shirt 1 size too big and got the body tapered. the sleeves could definitely be slimmed in proportion to the taper, imo. but i think the chest/shoulders look are big, too.

yup, definitely too big.
post #908 of 27892
someone buy my rrl black slims
post #909 of 27892
So I tried combing through this entire thread but couldn't find an answer. Do RRL sweaters/cardigans fit pretty true to size? I really dig this medium cardigan I saw online, but the sizing posted seems to be much more generous than most mediums (23" pit to pit).
post #910 of 27892
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasec View Post
So I tried combing through this entire thread but couldn't find an answer. Do RRL sweaters/cardigans fit pretty true to size? I really dig this medium cardigan I saw online, but the sizing posted seems to be much more generous than most mediums (23" pit to pit).
In recent seasons, RRL has been a bit more in check with sizing but a lot of the stuff on ebay comes from older collections where sizing was all over the place and more often than not pretty generous.
post #911 of 27892
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT Selvedge chambray Large 63 bucks with free shipping, I bought one.
post #912 of 27892
How do the RRL flannel shirts compare to their oxfords in terms of fit? Thinking about getting a flannel, they are some of the best I've seen in the stores this season
post #913 of 27892
I just tried on a couple of this season's--the selvage oxford, and the two flannel workshirts. The flannels fit a little roomier than the oxfords, but no so much that I'd size down. I agree, they're really nice looking this fall.
post #914 of 27892
they are a little roomier, but not enough to size down. More of a classic fit. Love the chambray, a little longer and a bit roomy, but still like it.
post #915 of 27892
how do RRL chinos and cords fit? Are they vanity sized?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread