or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 580

post #8686 of 20945

Hey Robert, Austin here. I'm definitely getting those blue suspender button trousers. I want to know the second they go on sale. Shoot me an email at austinnunnally@yahoo.com

post #8687 of 20945

Hey poorman, you still selling that patchwork shirt?

post #8688 of 20945

I recently received the RRL selvedge denim officer chinos from Context Clothing. I wore them a few times and whats happening is the right leg is having the tendency to rotate inward which brings the selvedge edge towards the front of my shoe. I'm not too crazy about this. I emailed Context explaining the issue and the response that I received from Sam was that this is not uncommon and that he, too, has this issue with a few pairs of his jeans. He asked that I measure them, and if I find any major discrepancies, that I get back to him and we take it from there. What so you guys think of this issue with the pants? TIts a little more pronounced with shoes on. IMG_6972.JPGKeep in mind that I paid $300 for these! IMG_6971.JPG

post #8689 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie Rog View Post

I recently received the RRL selvedge denim officer chinos from Context Clothing. I wore them a few times and whats happening is the right leg is having the tendency to rotate inward which brings the selvedge edge towards the front of my shoe. I'm not too crazy about this. I emailed Context explaining the issue and the response that I received from Sam was that this is not uncommon and that he, too, has this issue with a few pairs of his jeans. He asked that I measure them, and if I find any major discrepancies, that I get back to him and we take it from there. What so you guys think of this issue with the pants? TIts a little more pronounced with shoes on. 350x263px-LL-15717c18_IMG_6972.jpegKeep in mind that I paid $300 for these! 350x263px-LL-af2a5719_IMG_6971.jpeg

Thats normal behavior for raw denim
post #8690 of 20945
oh, yep. you definitely have a defective pair of RRLS. better return those to head office man.
post #8691 of 20945
Thread Starter 
Welcome to the exciting world of $300 jeans.
post #8692 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by melwoesblvd View Post

oh, yep. you definitely have a defective pair of RRLS. better return those to head office man.


I'm uncertain as to whether your comment is serious or sarcastic? And thats coming from a sarcastic bastard...

 

post #8693 of 20945

Me being the sarcastic bastard...

post #8694 of 20945
Pretty standard, I have them on RRLs, N&F and Momotaro
post #8695 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post


Thats normal behavior for raw denim

Thank you for feeding back!
 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Pretty standard, I have them on RRLs, N&F and Momotaro

Thank you for feeding back!
 

 

post #8696 of 20945
leg twist is normal
post #8697 of 20945
if you are planning to cuff them, iron your cuff to flatten out a bit and they stay on the side nicely
post #8698 of 20945
Not to be a stickler, but it's technically not normal behavior for all raw denim, it just depends on which direction the twill is going. I own a pair of Samurai 710's that are right-hand twill and don't twist at all (not the case with all RHT denim) while my left-hand twill Flat Head 3008's twist like crazy. Denim that uses a broken twill won't twist at all (in fact broken twill was invented for the very reason of stopping leg twist).

Just chalk it up to a charming characteristic of the denim and move on with your life.
post #8699 of 20945
Thread Starter 
Uh, I have several pairs of RHT that twist. In "theory" it shouldn't, but in the practice of a hell of a lot of people on here, it does. And vice-versa, I have LHT that doesn't.

I think it's safe to refer to a phenomenon as "normal" when the consensus is that it happens to everybody. I've seen twists in all directions even if it should pull to one way or the other depending on hand.
post #8700 of 20945

Correct about the broken twill being invented to eliminate leg twist. I am also under the impression new sanforized denim won't twist much, and if it twists it's after long time wear or after a soak/wash, but not for brand new rigid denim.

 

 

I need some sizing advice related to Polo if anyone knows I would really appreciate it.

 

I want to buy a Polo wool vest as a gift for a buddy of mine. 2 sizes to choose from, a 42R and 44R. He typically wears Medium for all his Polo stuff.  Which size would best suit him?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread