It sheds like crazy and weighs on a ton. Just didn't think I would get a lot of use out of it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 570post #8536 of 233912/23/12 at 7:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8537 of 233912/23/12 at 7:45pmpost #8538 of 233912/23/12 at 7:52pmpost #8539 of 233912/23/12 at 8:57pmpost #8540 of 233912/23/12 at 9:24pm
Yep. There's a way to get 'round the slow-as-molasses flash. In the RRL site add any 1 item to your shopping bag, open said bag, and click on the item under Item Description. After the page refreshes you'll have a list of all the categories to the left of the item - it'll look like the regular Ralph Lauren site, but it's all the RRL items. Click whatever category you want to look at or even See All.
No more images of cowboys, railroad engineers, and Depression-era Oakies.post #8541 of 233912/23/12 at 10:33pmQuote:
Thanks. I saw it in-store and it's huge and heavy, like a jacket with a real chunky knit. Not sure if I would wear it enough. My other choice was the black-grey plaid but it might be too much pattern for me on a big sweater.
Maybe I'll just get the grey pullover shawl for $99 and call it a day. It looks plain but I liked it in person. It's super thick and the wool is a very rugged, but it has a simple "fisherman chic" vibe going on, like it needs some dirt and fish guts on it.post #8542 of 233912/24/12 at 1:59amQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
You'll have to wash them eventually, now is def a good time. They'll look much better after a wash because all that dirt and oil will come out and the denim will last longer because oil/sweat buildup breaks down cotton faster. I've seen enough before/after photos to know they always look better after a wash especially after very long time wear like yours.
Right now they look too waxy and must feel slimy and itchy to wear on a humid morning... I can only imagine the festering smell they're omitting. Also, pretty sure even the guys in the mines washed their overalls from time to time. It's just good hygiene.
Denim care must be moderated, if you wash too often it will detract from the beauty but if you go too long without a wash it will also detract from the beauty.
Thanks for the advice RRL Clothing - but ive been in the denim industry long enough to know how to handle raw denim. I like the waxy look as it mimics the original starch the denim is given during the sizing process. And i only wish i lived in a humid city - London doesnt suffer many of these. Ive never suffered from the stinky jeans issue that a lot of people complain about when wearing raw denim for a long time, but i have to admit i hate to think of all the dirt that has accumulated over the past few years. I'll give them a bath and post the before and after pictures.
post #8543 of 233912/24/12 at 8:38amReally liking the look of this but just don't see myself wanting to drop $545 on a cotton sweater. Don't think I would even buy it in the sale at ~50% off.
I bought the Cotton Shawl Sweater in Black Indigo when it was on sale for $160 (its now $130) and I'm really happy with it. Anything over $200 for a for a cotton sweater seems a little overboard in my opinion.post #8544 of 233912/24/12 at 11:16am
I agree. As much as I love this this stuff I have yet to pay retail for one piece....IMO it is a matter of marking the price way up just to eventually mark it down resonable $ levels.Quote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
Really liking the look of this but just don't see myself wanting to drop $545 on a cotton sweater. Don't think I would even buy it in the sale at ~50% off.
I bought the Cotton Shawl Sweater in Black Indigo when it was on sale for $160 (its now $130) and I'm really happy with it. Anything over $200 for a for a cotton sweater seems a little overboard in my opinion.post #8545 of 233912/24/12 at 11:36ampost #8546 of 233912/24/12 at 11:43ampost #8547 of 233912/24/12 at 12:24pmThere really is no point in paying retail unless the item is super limited or part of the core icon collection (i.e. selvedge denim officer chinos)
Just look now months later at all of the items that are still avail at ridic prices, esp. the workshirts.
The only 2 items I am interested in are the chalk stripe chinos and the navy/white striped shawl cardi.post #8548 of 233912/24/12 at 1:02pmQuote:
You might like the waxy look, but everyone else is wondering why they stink to high heaven.post #8549 of 233912/24/12 at 1:18pm
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Things that are pissing you off. 29 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 9 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan