It sheds like crazy and weighs on a ton. Just didn't think I would get a lot of use out of it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 570post #8536 of 278942/23/12 at 7:41pmpost #8537 of 278942/23/12 at 7:45pmpost #8538 of 278942/23/12 at 7:52pmpost #8539 of 278942/23/12 at 8:57pmpost #8540 of 278942/23/12 at 9:24pm
Yep. There's a way to get 'round the slow-as-molasses flash. In the RRL site add any 1 item to your shopping bag, open said bag, and click on the item under Item Description. After the page refreshes you'll have a list of all the categories to the left of the item - it'll look like the regular Ralph Lauren site, but it's all the RRL items. Click whatever category you want to look at or even See All.
No more images of cowboys, railroad engineers, and Depression-era Oakies.post #8541 of 278942/23/12 at 10:33pmQuote:
Thanks. I saw it in-store and it's huge and heavy, like a jacket with a real chunky knit. Not sure if I would wear it enough. My other choice was the black-grey plaid but it might be too much pattern for me on a big sweater.
Maybe I'll just get the grey pullover shawl for $99 and call it a day. It looks plain but I liked it in person. It's super thick and the wool is a very rugged, but it has a simple "fisherman chic" vibe going on, like it needs some dirt and fish guts on it.post #8542 of 278942/24/12 at 1:59amQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
You'll have to wash them eventually, now is def a good time. They'll look much better after a wash because all that dirt and oil will come out and the denim will last longer because oil/sweat buildup breaks down cotton faster. I've seen enough before/after photos to know they always look better after a wash especially after very long time wear like yours.
Right now they look too waxy and must feel slimy and itchy to wear on a humid morning... I can only imagine the festering smell they're omitting. Also, pretty sure even the guys in the mines washed their overalls from time to time. It's just good hygiene.
Denim care must be moderated, if you wash too often it will detract from the beauty but if you go too long without a wash it will also detract from the beauty.
Thanks for the advice RRL Clothing - but ive been in the denim industry long enough to know how to handle raw denim. I like the waxy look as it mimics the original starch the denim is given during the sizing process. And i only wish i lived in a humid city - London doesnt suffer many of these. Ive never suffered from the stinky jeans issue that a lot of people complain about when wearing raw denim for a long time, but i have to admit i hate to think of all the dirt that has accumulated over the past few years. I'll give them a bath and post the before and after pictures.
post #8543 of 278942/24/12 at 8:38amReally liking the look of this but just don't see myself wanting to drop $545 on a cotton sweater. Don't think I would even buy it in the sale at ~50% off.
I bought the Cotton Shawl Sweater in Black Indigo when it was on sale for $160 (its now $130) and I'm really happy with it. Anything over $200 for a for a cotton sweater seems a little overboard in my opinion.post #8544 of 278942/24/12 at 11:16am
I agree. As much as I love this this stuff I have yet to pay retail for one piece....IMO it is a matter of marking the price way up just to eventually mark it down resonable $ levels.Quote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
Really liking the look of this but just don't see myself wanting to drop $545 on a cotton sweater. Don't think I would even buy it in the sale at ~50% off.
I bought the Cotton Shawl Sweater in Black Indigo when it was on sale for $160 (its now $130) and I'm really happy with it. Anything over $200 for a for a cotton sweater seems a little overboard in my opinion.post #8545 of 278942/24/12 at 11:36ampost #8546 of 278942/24/12 at 11:43ampost #8547 of 278942/24/12 at 12:24pmThere really is no point in paying retail unless the item is super limited or part of the core icon collection (i.e. selvedge denim officer chinos)
Just look now months later at all of the items that are still avail at ridic prices, esp. the workshirts.
The only 2 items I am interested in are the chalk stripe chinos and the navy/white striped shawl cardi.post #8548 of 278942/24/12 at 1:02pmQuote:
You might like the waxy look, but everyone else is wondering why they stink to high heaven.post #8549 of 278942/24/12 at 1:18pmpost #8550 of 278942/24/12 at 1:27pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 9 seconds ago
- › Second Hand Suit Bespoke or MTM 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shopping in Naples Today 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway