or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 566

post #8476 of 20962
RaggMan - how many washes have those had over the time you've worn them? I like the look, nice general fading and not too much contrast (which I don't care for).
post #8477 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post

For those of you considering ordering the denim chinos without being able to try on, these are my measurements of a 30 waist, BiG style
Waist - 16.75" (could be 17" if I add more tension)
Front rise - 11"
Back Rise - 15"
Thigh - 10.75 ~ 11"
Leg opening - 8"
And my thoughts on these running oversized from typical officer chino fit were confirmed by RRL. These are at least a size larger than they should be. I can basically slide mine off without unbuttoning them

Received mine today.
Just a few comments....

Luckily my waist measured BIG style is only 16.5". These are def running 3 sizes larger than tagged.

Also the rise on these is 1" higher than the regular & selvedge officer chinos.
post #8478 of 20962
Those RRL olive denim pants that were on sale at Barneys still around anywhere? looking to help a friend obtain a pair.
post #8479 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post

Those RRL olive denim pants that were on sale at Barneys still around anywhere? looking to help a friend obtain a pair.

If you are talking about the straight legs in olive, yeah, call a RRL store and they should be able to locate them for you, should be ~60% off now.
post #8480 of 20962

Barney's outlet had some for.. $120?

 

I'll go tomorrow and see if the 30% off applies to that (if they're still there.)

 

 

post #8481 of 20962
someone wanna try washing and shrinking their selvedge denim officer chinos? not it!
post #8482 of 20962
Those 1+ year RRL Slim Fits one wash look great. You don't really see too many progress pics in here. I have a pair at the 5 month mark with 1 soak and it is still pretty dark. You can only really see the wear in direct sunlight.
post #8483 of 20962
yeah, I have some low straight one-washes that are at 4.5 months. They have had 1 wash and are still very dark. Getting decent wallet fade, and can just barely make out some whiskering in bright light. Love the jeans though, my favorite pair I've had so far because the fit is just absolutely perfect for me.
post #8484 of 20962
Nice fades on those once washed. Anyone have pics of fades on a rinsed pair, curious to see if there's a noticeable difference between the two.
post #8485 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

someone wanna try washing and shrinking their selvedge denim officer chinos? not it!


I got a couple of food stains on the thigh and had my girlfriend wash them in cold water and hung them to dry. She then (by hand) spot treated the stain, rinsed, and hung to dry. I wore them today and they're fine.

post #8486 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post

RaggMan - how many washes have those had over the time you've worn them? I like the look, nice general fading and not too much contrast (which I don't care for).

Well, I wore these for 6-7 months - minimum of 3-4 days a week, especially when doing anything active. The first soak was while wearing in tub warm water- cleaned and scrubbed them with sponge loofa smile.gif my GF nearly killed me after leaving a sweet indigo ring around the tub. I got aot of indigo out that way, these are saturated with indigo and dry crocked alot up until that wash. I think RRL bakes them after rinse to get that crisp wrinkled effect they have when purchased new. Anyhow, I continued weekly wear with just soak washes once a month with Aesop. I did try a saltwater rinse over this past summer as well. I've since moved to cold water wash at least 2x a week and hang dry. I also now throw in dryer once a month to shrink down so heat may contribute to continue loss.

Thanks all
post #8487 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie Rog View Post



I got a couple of food stains on the thigh and had my girlfriend wash them in cold water and hung them to dry. She then (by hand) spot treated the stain, rinsed, and hung to dry. I wore them today and they're fine.


no shrinkage? because peeps are saying these run larger than their selvedge khaki counterparts, im worried. i get mine next week
post #8488 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post

Nice fades on those once washed. Anyone have pics of fades on a rinsed pair, curious to see if there's a noticeable difference between the two.

They have a rinsed pair too? I thought RRL made a raw and a one wash, then a bunch of pre-faded/distressed pairs.
post #8489 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post

If you are talking about the straight legs in olive, yeah, call a RRL store and they should be able to locate them for you, should be ~60% off now.

You mean the washed olive?

Someone tried to tailor a pair of Slim bootcut into slim straight?
post #8490 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

They have a rinsed pair too? I thought RRL made a raw and a one wash, then a bunch of pre-faded/distressed pairs.

I think once washed replaced rinse but they're essentially the same thing. I'm probably wrong, though :/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread