or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 564

post #8446 of 20894
El Dude is right. All of the Officer chinos (regular & selvedge come in inseams of 30", 32" amd 34").
I had Context Cash that I needed to use so I am cool with the 34" inseam.
I will just have them hemmed. No biggie.

El not so sure you are right about the size 30 waist measurement. Both Context and East Hampton provided me with the same exact measurement.
post #8447 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

El not so sure you are right about the size 30 waist measurement. Both Context and East Hampton provided me with the same exact measurement.

The issue is that there is quite a big dip in the front vs back so if you don't properly align the waistband as close to parallel, you can get a measurement of a 16" across when it's really much larger. I just remeasured and it's close to about 16.75" across and when worn it feels like at least a size up. They are gonna be super loose in the waist, I guarantee it.
post #8448 of 20894
I actually need something slightly larger than 32" so its all good either way.
post #8449 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post

2012.02.14

 

RRL Western Shirt


I have the same one.. outlaw collection floral western. It's very nice.

 

Does anyone know when RRL (website) is planning to take down all the on-sale merchandise? Or are those items going to stay up until they sell out?

post #8450 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post



I have the same one.. outlaw collection floral western. It's very nice.

Does anyone know when RRL (website) is planning to take down all the on-sale merchandise? Or are those items going to stay up until they sell out?

No one knows but Ralph.
post #8451 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post


Yeah dude, like I said almost all of the pants come in sized inseams especially when they are part of icon. It's the themed collections or limited edition pants that have a few models that come in one inseam, and in that case the inseams are almost always sized relative to the waist size in the cases it's not something like a dress pant w/ 34" inseam

 


I have wondered about this and have RRL pants that have inseams proportionate to waist (ie 30x30 32x32 34x34, etc) but have also handled/own RRL pants that are only tagged by waist and have 1 inseam for all sizes (28w-36w have 30" inseam instead of 34" inseam.)

 

I realize this is a cost saving procedure and it's easier to hem to desired length then make surplus of waist/inseams combinations nobody wants but it happens randomly with some themed collections that have sized inseams while others don't that I have stopped trying to make sense out of it.

 

It also alienates the dudes who have 30" waist but need 34" inseams because all the smaller waist sizes will have short inseams.

post #8452 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Just noticed Context has a proper RRL website page now. They have some interesting Officer Chino in Rigid Denim...
Edit: And I would be all over the Merchant Pullover Shirt if only it didn't have those damn splatter marks :-(

$300!?! If they are anything like the selvedge chino, theyll need some sort of alteration (seat, waist, l.o., etc). Probably looking at $325-350 when its all said and done crazy.gif
post #8453 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

$300!?! If they are anything like the selvedge chino, theyll need some sort of alteration (seat, waist, l.o., etc). Probably looking at $325-350 when its all said and done crazy.gif

They look like a slim cut on the Context site, but they may have been sized down dramatically. Any idea what the cut is?

B.
post #8454 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispace View Post

They look like a slim cut on the Context site, but they may have been sized down dramatically. Any idea what the cut is?
B.

They are officer chino cut, but as these are made from denim, they can't be altered easily as the normal officer chinos can as the seam in the seat is a felled like regular jeans have.

They are basically the same as last years limited edition version just rigid (although denim may be slightly different, fabric looks slightly different but could just be raw vs once wash). The waistband on the new pair aren't lined in cotton and uses denim instead. Based on the pair I picked up, you would probably need to go an extra size down in what you bought the selvedge chinos in.
post #8455 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post

They are officer chino cut, but as these are made from denim, they can't be altered easily as the normal officer chinos can as the seam in the seat is a felled like regular jeans have.
They are basically the same as last years limited edition version just rigid (although denim may be slightly different, fabric looks slightly different but could just be raw vs once wash). The waistband on the new pair aren't lined in cotton and uses denim instead. Based on the pair I picked up, you would probably need to go an extra size down in what you bought the selvedge chinos in.

Are the measurements at context accurate?
post #8456 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Are the measurements at context accurate?

I found my officer's chinos were larger in the waist than the context measurements, but YMMV.
post #8457 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Are the measurements at context accurate?

All but the waist seemed correct, but I will measure my pair tonight and compare. Expect the waist to fit .75 - 1" more than their measurements
post #8458 of 20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu00a View Post

No one knows but Ralph.

they will come down most likely early march, if not sooner.

Generally that is the case with the sales - once spring rolls in, winter goes on sale. once winter drops to its bottom retail price - it has to move out so spring sales can come in. then usually once winter sales move out they go to outlets and department stores.

im sure i missed some part of the process
post #8459 of 20894
If anyone in size large wants the RRL gamblers leather jacket, there is one left at American rag but it's at retail for like 1200

Also full size range of selvedge officer chinos in khaki from 30 and up

I can proxy from American rag if anyone needs it
post #8460 of 20894
For those of you considering ordering the denim chinos without being able to try on, these are my measurements of a 30 waist, BiG style

Waist - 16.75" (could be 17" if I add more tension)
Front rise - 11"
Back Rise - 15"
Thigh - 10.75 ~ 11"
Leg opening - 8"

And my thoughts on these running oversized from typical officer chino fit were confirmed by RRL. These are at least a size larger than they should be. I can basically slide mine off without unbuttoning them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread