Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 6:11 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 561
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8402 of 255532/12/12 at 10:43ampost #8403 of 255532/12/12 at 12:19pmQuote:
Not surprising. I know for some of the past two season boots they were using different US manufacturers and only a select models made by him.
Julian's boots look great, but when handle them and look closely you see the lack of quality control and poor workmanshippost #8404 of 255532/12/12 at 12:40pmpost #8405 of 255532/12/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
this is news to me. Ive handled several pairs of his boots and quality always looked good. it was more or less the styling and prohibitive price tag that prevented me from buying additional pairs. Cordovan would have also been nicepost #8406 of 255532/12/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
I have been nothing but pleased with my Julian boots. Maybe that is just my luck of the draw.
I'd give him better quality control marks than Alden, but maybe that doesn't mean a whole lot.post #8407 of 255532/12/12 at 1:04pmpost #8408 of 255532/12/12 at 3:59pmpost #8409 of 255532/12/12 at 4:22pmpost #8410 of 255532/12/12 at 10:59pmpost #8411 of 255532/13/12 at 10:46amQuote:
I'm told from the peeps that there were significant problems with the engineers that people couldn't even put their feet into - I guess the ankle/vamp were too tight for the size - and inconsistent sizing overall. Also, I think they were ramping up their volume and didn't think he could handle the volume. Who knows? Fashion world drama. I love my Bowery boots that he made (from the very first run).post #8412 of 255532/13/12 at 11:01amAnybody seen this shirt in New York in a size medium? http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12509382
Clearly slept on this one. I'm also in the camp of people not wild on the flash website.post #8413 of 255532/13/12 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by jfurt
Anybody seen this shirt in New York in a size medium? http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12509382
Clearly slept on this one. I'm also in the camp of people not wild on the flash website.
That's nice. I have so many damn chambrays and workshirts already, but I'd be tempted by this. Keep an eye out on ebay, too!post #8414 of 255532/13/12 at 3:30pmpost #8415 of 255532/13/12 at 4:41pm
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 50 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...