or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 480

post #7186 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfred Freitag View Post




Indeed, I never meant to suggest I am immune from being a fool. I was also one of the people manipulating those RL codes that were posted in order to order my Lindricks and some other stuff. Codes that probably were specific to some other consumer. So in two instances recently I have participated in buying at a deep discount with a method that was never intended for me. It went well. I can pretend that my victim was just some giant retailer that has enough margin to still turn a profit at 50%, as rationalization can support anything from a new pair of selvedge up to and including Auschwitz.

And had it not gone well, I would certainly be pissed at Jimmy Fingers, or slightly irritated with RL for not honoring my manipulated discount. On the other hand, as was said elsewhere, I did send $$$ over the internet to a guy named Jimmy Fingers. You buy the ticket and you take the ride.

It's all rationalisation. You can say "you buy the ticket and you take the ride" about anything. It certainly sounds good and wordly. The next time something goes wrong for you, you can fight it, or you can let it happen to you and others and just tell yourself that. This isn't being mentioned because we're into the idea, it's happening because we want our money and people need warning.
post #7187 of 21599
For the record, Chris at the RL Mansion whom Jimmy claimed to place my boot order with and whom he told me shipped them has never heard of him and said he hasnt sold any boots to any employees in a while.
post #7188 of 21599
I am not a scammer. I placed a shit ton of orders and probably 90% of the people got their items with no problems. There were quite a few problems that came up that were out of my hands.

I ended up losing my job b/c of this. Employee discount abuse and have been ordered to pay back all the discounts by RL. The number is in the thousands.

I intend on making things right with the guys who lost money. I apologize to anyone who lost money.

Contacting my Dad for money will get you nowhere. I am not 13. Sending threatening phone calls, emails, etc will get you nowhere, but maybe trouble.

I was doing this as a favor to my friends on here and wasn't making much for the hassle. Saving someone 500 dollars and only charging them 40 for a proxy seems like a fair deal. I do feel horrible that people have outstanding orders and I will do everything I can to make it right.
post #7189 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post

I am not a scammer. I placed a shit ton of orders and probably 90% of the people got their items with no problems. There were quite a few problems that came up that were out of my hands.
I ended up losing my job b/c of this. Employee discount abuse and have been ordered to pay back all the discounts by RL. The number is in the thousands.
I intend on making things right with the guys who lost money. I apologize to anyone who lost money.
Contacting my Dad for money will get you nowhere. I am not 13. Sending threatening phone calls, emails, etc will get you nowhere, but maybe trouble.
I was doing this as a favor to my friends on here and wasn't making much for the hassle. Saving someone 500 dollars and only charging them 40 for a proxy seems like a fair deal. I do feel horrible that people have outstanding orders and I will do everything I can to make it right.

as far as I really want to take your word for it, but is there any timeline for a refund?

I do thank you for those orders that I have gotten!
post #7190 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post

I am not a scammer. I placed a shit ton of orders and probably 90% of the people got their items with no problems. There were quite a few problems that came up that were out of my hands.
I ended up losing my job b/c of this. Employee discount abuse and have been ordered to pay back all the discounts by RL. The number is in the thousands.
I intend on making things right with the guys who lost money. I apologize to anyone who lost money.
Contacting my Dad for money will get you nowhere. I am not 13. Sending threatening phone calls, emails, etc will get you nowhere, but maybe trouble.
I was doing this as a favor to my friends on here and wasn't making much for the hassle. Saving someone 500 dollars and only charging them 40 for a proxy seems like a fair deal. I do feel horrible that people have outstanding orders and I will do everything I can to make it right.


everything that transpired here can be tracked electronically, point #1

90% got their goods? then that means only 10% didn't, so it should be easy to fix by offering immediate refunds or sending the goods

you said that the two pairs of RRL jeans you ordered for me had been ordered, and you have my email address, so it should be easy to prove by sending me the RL order confirmation email to show them being purchased and then send them. Either you did or you didn't. I've received nothing.

not sure why RL would be angry seeing that they had a 50% off sale 3 weeks later, so they are out literally nothing by what you did

all a man has in this world is his reputation
Edited by NorCal_1 - 11/10/11 at 12:09pm
post #7191 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayson View Post


It's all rationalisation. You can say "you buy the ticket and you take the ride" about anything. It certainly sounds good and wordly. The next time something goes wrong for you, you can fight it, or you can let it happen to you and others and just tell yourself that. This isn't being mentioned because we're into the idea, it's happening because we want our money and people need warning.



I never said you shouldn't demand satisfaction. Of course you should. Only that perhaps you aren't standing on the loftiest of moral high grounds here, calling people scammers and demanding a refund for merchandise you were set to obtain through some back-alley arrangement. A scam. Don't tell me you thought Jimmy was a newphew of Lipschitz?

 

The guy tried to make a few bucks and it got out of control and some people got fucked over and he got fired. Sucks for everybody. Go buy the shit at retail on your credit card if you want to avoid these situations. This is a first-world problem if I've ever seen one.

 

post #7192 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post

I am not a scammer. I placed a shit ton of orders and probably 90% of the people got their items with no problems. There were quite a few problems that came up that were out of my hands.
I ended up losing my job b/c of this. Employee discount abuse and have been ordered to pay back all the discounts by RL. The number is in the thousands.
I intend on making things right with the guys who lost money. I apologize to anyone who lost money.
Contacting my Dad for money will get you nowhere. I am not 13. Sending threatening phone calls, emails, etc will get you nowhere, but maybe trouble.
I was doing this as a favor to my friends on here and wasn't making much for the hassle. Saving someone 500 dollars and only charging them 40 for a proxy seems like a fair deal. I do feel horrible that people have outstanding orders and I will do everything I can to make it right.

You can't have expected people to have sat quiet and believed the money will turn up in a few months (be great if it happens), because you haven't been straight with them.

A few more have been in touch to say they're waiting for stuff now (I've lost track of the total number).

What happened to my money? I'm honestly curious to know.
post #7193 of 21599
As one of the deceived I've sent numerous PMs, been told my jeans were on the way from RL, and that things would take longer because of his mugging. The latest message I received was just about how he got fired and he intends to pay people back.

Jimmy - one quick question. When will these repayments becoming. A little more communication on this end of things would be beneficial.
post #7194 of 21599
^^@Manfred Freitag

Nobody mentioned extensive employee discount use was illicit at RL until much later. I have worked for retailers who did not care or had no limits on how you use your employee discounts. They had ways of making money even then. Jeez dude someone said he could proxy shit for us, maybe lured by the discount, we were a bit casual in not questioning whether there was something illegal about it? Then again it is not like we were committing robbery or even knew this was prohibited. Is it prohibited? What is RL's official policy on employee discounts, limited by volume or transactions or something else? I always thought companies only cared greatly (especially when considering firing or fining the employees) when their employees bought things at discounts and flipped them for a profit. But, as Jimmy mentioned he isn't reselling things, but helping his friends. Friends who were repaying him a little gift in return. I would understand if Jimmy failed to come through with the order and end up keeping the proxy fee because he took the risk and things did not work out. However, keeping people's money (assuming that is what is happening) means he befriended people who entrusted him with money and then he took off. Lots of people get defrauded like this every day (e.g. some charismatic guy tells people he can get them above average returns on investments without detailing how and then just runs away with say billions, but guess what he ends up getting 150 years plus his wife and kids end up hating him to their core). Should people have questioned what they were getting themselves into? In 20/20 hindsight? Yes, but it a bit of a stretch to blame them and say well you can't demand your money back from the scam.

You gotta admit it is rather easy to take this side of the argument when hundreds of your dollars are not being held up?
Edited by ffatt - 11/10/11 at 12:13pm
post #7195 of 21599
Ahh i just dip into this thread every once in awhile. Hope people, get their stuff / money. Either way it sucks to be ripped off.
post #7196 of 21599
this really interesting producer makes things that appear to be as unique as RRL

anybody have any experience with them? check out the hand dyed denim

http://drcworkers.blogspot.com/

662
271
372
453
post #7197 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_1 View Post

this really interesting producer makes things that appear to be as unique as RRL
anybody have any experience with them? check out the hand dyed denim
http://drcworkers.blogspot.com/
662
271
372
453

Pretty cool. Where do they sell at?
post #7198 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

Pretty cool. Where do they sell at?

not sure but he does have an email contact:


Dr. Collectors Dungarees Maker
Gender: Male
Industry: Fashion
Occupation: Designer
Location: HOLLYWOOD : CA. : United States
About Me
Dr. Collectors workers is a Dungaree heritage carpenter. exclusive Slim Fit design By Olivier Grasset. Every DrC.O1 pant have an exclusive Garment dye process made in Los Angeles. All the Dr. Collectors wash pants are one of a kind. Inspired By the gold diggers & American workers. are made in USA like the original tradition Dungaree workers pants, with the Collaboration of an American Factory For over 100 years. since 1903 Contact olivergrasset@yahoo.com



also, his blog roll is interesting to check out:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/00610393610170846637
post #7199 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfred Freitag View Post




I never said you shouldn't demand satisfaction. Of course you should. Only that perhaps you aren't standing on the loftiest of moral high grounds here, calling people scammers and demanding a refund for merchandise you were set to obtain through some back-alley arrangement. A scam. Don't tell me you thought Jimmy was a newphew of Lipschitz?

The guy tried to make a few bucks and it got out of control and some people got fucked over and he got fired. Sucks for everybody. Go buy the shit at retail on your credit card if you want to avoid these situations. This is a first-world problem if I've ever seen one.

I think we see about the same point of view. You're saying of course I should demand satisfaction, which I'm trying to do, and I've tried to explain that I don't see any loftiest of moral high ground, just an infinite sliding scale (if anybody sees scams as all the same, God help anybody who deals with them).

That said, I don't know how "not for the public" retail sales go. I've heard the phrase "friends and family" but I now assume "friends" is incredibly limited. I never called him a scammer, either. That said, I don't owe people thousands of dollars, and I've been in positions where I've put myself through hell to ensure I'm not messing with people on that kind of scale. I'd have bought the stuff at retail if I could've afforded it. I went for this deal because of the price, which has to be a more than common reaction. If it turns out I can't afford it, I thought, I can sell it easily and break even. Where I fucked up was buying some non-essential stuff for the first time in a long time. It turned out I still couldn't afford to buy non-essential stuff. No problem, I'll just have to sell it when it turns up. Even convinced a friend doing better than me to buy it so I could break even. That'll annoy me, I thought, him going round in the clothes I wanted, but no option because I need to pay bills. Except now even that isn't coming. It isn't a sob story, doesn't compare with a third-world situation. Even I can see a comical side, and I'm honestly wondering if I'm going to be able to put the heating on this winter. I wish it weren't so - I'm working to make it otherwise - but that money would make a difference. I wish I were in a position just to be able to say, "ah, well, I made a mistake with what I trusted". No, I shouldn't have put myself in this position but people who can't afford these things at normal price are likely to get sucked into these sorts of problems. Of course I take responsibility for that, because I'm not on the loftiest of moral high grounds - nobody is - and now I'm trying - need - to demand satisfaction as you say I should.
post #7200 of 21599
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_1 View Post

everything that transpired here can be tracked electronically, point #1
90% got their goods? then that means only 10% didn't, so it should be easy to fix by offering immediate refunds or sending the goods
you said that the two pairs of RRL jeans you ordered for me had been ordered, and you have my email address, so it should be easy to prove by sending me the RL order confirmation email to show them being purchased and then send them. Either you did or you didn't. I've received nothing.
not sure why RL would be angry seeing that they had a 50% off sale 3 weeks later, so they are out literally nothing by what you did
all a man has in this world is his reputation


from his PM to me....

[quote name="jimmyfingers"
Oct 25, 2011 at 7:04 am They have been ordered. I had a major problem with paypal, RL, and billmelater which took almost 2 weeks to correct.
Hang tight, I am sorry for this.[/quote]


he was given the money on Oct 8th and mine was sent to his mother's account which wasn't frozen so that excuse won't hold water either and he confirmed that he got it from her

if you have them JF, why haven't they been sent? prove everybody wrong and make me whole since as you claimed, you DID order them and did get the money free and clear

hit your father up for $15 and mail them, otherwise...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread