or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 437

post #6541 of 20946
How are the flannel shirts fitting this season? Haven't bought a RRL shirt in a few seasons and from what I remember they ran TTS to slightly large. Trying to decide if I should size down or not.
post #6542 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

How are the flannel shirts fitting this season? Haven't bought a RRL shirt in a few seasons and from what I remember they ran TTS to slightly large. Trying to decide if I should size down or not.

yep, run tts to a little large. I would recommend staying tts if you have longer arms. I sized down from L to M and my wrists are nekad on the size M. Shoulder is a little tight too
post #6543 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

yep, run tts to a little large. I would recommend staying tts if you have longer arms. I sized down from L to M and my wrists are nekad on the size M. Shoulder is a little tight too

Good to know. I am a L with 33/34 arms, I'll go TTS.
post #6544 of 20946
How is the sizing on henleys?

I look at measurements on ebay and they are all over the board...I can't tell how much of this is seasonal/model variation and how much of it is that different sellers are just wildly different at measuring (especially since it is not a rigid material).

for reference, I'm wearing a Medium lands end tailored fit polo right now since they are pretty close to what I want. Dress shirts are usually something like a BB 15.5 slim or 16 extra slim or a 16 RL custom fit.

I would think I should go M for the henley (I have recently been preferring M t-shirts to my vast stack of L t-shirts) but some of the measurments make me think L is right.
post #6545 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

How is the sizing on henleys?
I look at measurements on ebay and they are all over the board...I can't tell how much of this is seasonal/model variation and how much of it is that different sellers are just wildly different at measuring (especially since it is not a rigid material).
for reference, I'm wearing a Medium lands end tailored fit polo right now since they are pretty close to what I want. Dress shirts are usually something like a BB 15.5 slim or 16 extra slim or a 16 RL custom fit.
I would think I should go M for the henley (I have recently been preferring M t-shirts to my vast stack of L t-shirts) but some of the measurments make me think L is right.

They henleys also fit TTS, they're very comfortable and form fitting. If you want a looser fit then size up one but they fit very well.
post #6546 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

How is the sizing on henleys?
I look at measurements on ebay and they are all over the board...I can't tell how much of this is seasonal/model variation and how much of it is that different sellers are just wildly different at measuring (especially since it is not a rigid material).
for reference, I'm wearing a Medium lands end tailored fit polo right now since they are pretty close to what I want. Dress shirts are usually something like a BB 15.5 slim or 16 extra slim or a 16 RL custom fit.
I would think I should go M for the henley (I have recently been preferring M t-shirts to my vast stack of L t-shirts) but some of the measurments make me think L is right.

get a medium
post #6547 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post

RL shipping fucking sucks. They have messed up 3 of the orders and take their sweet time processing the exchanges.
I have 1 pair of size 10 Marlows left selling for 410

So, are you re-ordering them? Was this the stuff ordered on Monday?
post #6548 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

How is the sizing on henleys?
I look at measurements on ebay and they are all over the board...I can't tell how much of this is seasonal/model variation and how much of it is that different sellers are just wildly different at measuring (especially since it is not a rigid material).
for reference, I'm wearing a Medium lands end tailored fit polo right now since they are pretty close to what I want. Dress shirts are usually something like a BB 15.5 slim or 16 extra slim or a 16 RL custom fit.
I would think I should go M for the henley (I have recently been preferring M t-shirts to my vast stack of L t-shirts) but some of the measurments make me think L is right.

already stated, but yeah go true to size. i have 2 RRL henleys in my B&S, both size medium, if you want to see sizing.
post #6549 of 20946
Anyone been to Woodbury Commons recently?
post #6550 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningbright View Post

These just arrived and I love'em!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Gray-Wool-Buckleback-Pants-33-/170712151051?pt=US_CSA_MC_Pants&hash=item27bf3cb40b#ht_582wt_956
Sized down to a 33 from normally a 35-36 waist if anybody needs sizing info. Fit is spot on for me.

Man you lucked out with those, whata steal. Any chance of a fit pic? What size do you normally wear in RRL?
post #6551 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingmonkey815 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningbright View Post

These just arrived and I love'em!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Gray-Wool-Buckleback-Pants-33-/170712151051?pt=US_CSA_MC_Pants&hash=item27bf3cb40b#ht_582wt_956
Sized down to a 33 from normally a 35-36 waist if anybody needs sizing info. Fit is spot on for me.

Man you lucked out with those, whata steal. Any chance of a fit pic? What size do you normally wear in RRL?
+1 let's see 'em, G
post #6552 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingmonkey815 View Post

Man you lucked out with those, whata steal. Any chance of a fit pic? What size do you normally wear in RRL?

SM, this is my first pair of RRL pants, but I normally hover in the 33-36 range for EG, WWM, Samurai, Flat Head, etc.

I also grabbed these off of Silvio through a pp invoice for another amazing price (different ebay listing shown here; can't find the original):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310349825558?var=610039605086&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Unrelated to RRL but in the same tweed pants vein, I grabbed these from Orvis:

Featherweight Harris Tweed Five-Pocket Pants

650

350

These make the Holiday Lodge tweed pants look (and feel) like summer trousers. Due to the high rise, wide leg and overall thickness of the tweed they'll need some serious tailoring through the crotch and legs, but I'm looking forward to taking these earthy-looking monsters out into a Chicago winter. Made in the U.S. of A too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

+1 let's see 'em, G

I'll see if I can get a pic of the Holiday Lodge trousers and the Orchard St. canvas bucklebacks this week, though be warned: the 15 lbs of weight that I had shed over spring and summer has returned seeking revenge in the form of a pregnant wife's eclectic (and unhealthy) cravings that, as a sign of solidarity, I have found myself partaking in. shog[1].gif

So if anybody here can point me toward the RRL Obese Breadbasket collection, I'll just add to my cart the $300 girdle I'm sure they make (in China of authentic whale bone and sheep sinew, of course) and be done with it.


I miss the metabolism of my twenties. musicboohoo[1].gif
post #6553 of 20946
[/quote]
I miss the metabolism of my twenties. musicboohoo[1].gif
[/quote]

Take up swimming or surfing (or maybe both) and you wont be able to keep enough weight on to keep you warm this winter. biggrin.gif

Does anyone have any experience with the quality of cashmere in the sweaters? I found a simple v-neck I'm digging but not sure what kind of hand it has compared to other sweater wardrobe staples like Our Legacy or Marc Jacobs. Thanks in advance
post #6554 of 20946
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My fave deputy
post #6555 of 20946
^ slim rigids
Grand canyon hunting jacket
RRL belt
WWM shirt
Duckie brown Ravello lws
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread