or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 433

post #6481 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

this is why I always just mark it as being for a good/service and use a credit card. If the seller is desperate to avoid the fees, I will add the 3% or whatever to my payment but a high volume seller should just be factoring that into their prices.
Marking it as a purchase gives you buyer protection and using a CC gives you another layer of protection. Paypal is providing a service after all...doesn't seem unreasonable that they should be paid for it.
Doesn't seem strange to me at all that you would have to jump through hoops to do this...since what you are doing is explicitly against the rules.

Isn't there some gray area with proxying in the context of an online community, though (which this is)?

In any case, for practical purposes, I agree it's probably easier to just mark as goods, and so add in the fees.
post #6482 of 20963
Hey RandomKoreanDude,

Those are some awesome trousers, I've been looking to purchase some more wool pants for this winter season and your fit pics might've convinced me of where to buy from. Mind if I ask you a few questions though? Whats the fit like? I own a pair of Low Straight jeans and some Slim Boot Cords, but nothing from the Officer cut, anyway to compare it to either of those two? Also do you think you could dress them down to wear more casually? Thanks again, and wow, fantastic purchase/outfit/fit man!
post #6483 of 20963
delete
Edited by jimmyfingers - 10/13/11 at 6:11pm
post #6484 of 20963
..............
Edited by jimmyfingers - 10/31/11 at 1:44pm
post #6485 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post

Anyone who sent me money for clothes in my last 2 weeks, you may get a calll/contact from PP. Please email PM me asap.

if i get one i'll do that. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #6486 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post

Anyone who sent me money for clothes in my last 2 weeks, you may get a calll/contact from PP. Please email PM me asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

if i get one i'll do that. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

fing02[1].gif
post #6487 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingmonkey815 View Post

Hey RandomKoreanDude,
Those are some awesome trousers, I've been looking to purchase some more wool pants for this winter season and your fit pics might've convinced me of where to buy from. Mind if I ask you a few questions though? Whats the fit like? I own a pair of Low Straight jeans and some Slim Boot Cords, but nothing from the Officer cut, anyway to compare it to either of those two? Also do you think you could dress them down to wear more casually? Thanks again, and wow, fantastic purchase/outfit/fit man!

ucd? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

what size are you? these look incredible: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Gray-Wool-Buckleback-Pants-33-/170712151051?pt=US_CSA_MC_Pants&hash=item27bf3cb40b#ht_582wt_956
post #6488 of 20963

Yeah...about those.... sly.gif

I honestly just came here to post that I got these for an amazing price and then saw your post. Been looking at these for over a month but just didn't want to pay the $230-$250 that sellers were asking for them.

Lucked out. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #6489 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningbright View Post

Yeah...about those.... sly.gif
I honestly just came here to post that I got these for an amazing price and then saw your post. Been looking at these for over a month but just didn't want to pay the $230-$250 that sellers were asking for them.
Lucked out. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

you bitch! censored.gifbutbut.giffacepalm.giflaugh.giffing02[1].gif

glad you got them. I hope they work out for you fistbump.gif
post #6490 of 20963

I just sold a pair of those
post #6491 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

you bitch! censored.gifbutbut.giffacepalm.giflaugh.giffing02[1].gif
glad you got them. I hope they work out for you fistbump.gif

Oh whatever Cigar Indy w/ commando sole! smack.gif

How did you find out that Dave (distinctive) had those anyway? I didn't see them in B&S.
post #6492 of 20963
Away from my computer for the evening and I totally missed out, thanks for the link thou Namor, those were amazing looking. And what a price. Nope not UCD, I finished with school sadly, UCSB and USD. The closest I get are paying the ungodly fees for the Mondavi center. Are you a UCD man?
post #6493 of 20963

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.


Edited by Manfred Freitag - 10/31/11 at 3:50pm
post #6494 of 20963
So a little bit of a side topic - and honestly been discussed here before - but I find it interesting. I strolled into a Ralph Lauren store and then a J Crew store. RL Black Label has a bunch of stuff that looks like Belstaff. I also saw a PRL jacket on ebay that was a dead ringer for a Barbour motorcycle-style jacket I have.

Then in J Crew. everything looks like a poor man's RRL, their plaid and flannel shirts, especially. You could almost go on the RRL website and pick out a flannel or workwear shirt, then find an almost exact copy in J Crew. Except it's not called J Crew - they have this in-house brand called something like "Wallace and Grommet"; well, not really... but the name reminds me of it. At first I thought they were retailing another brand, but turns out it's still them. All of the new flannels are branded this way. So it made me think of Ralph Lauren with PRL, RLPL, RLBL, and RRL (not to mention the sub-brands like the Polo Sportsman thing). So even with the branding thing, J Crew seems to be following along - at a lower price point, of course.

BTW.. I have a pair of the wool officer pants that RKD is wearing in 34 that I'll be selling soon. I got them a while ago off ebay, but have lost weight, so they are too big. Let me know if you're interested.
post #6495 of 20963

Dudes,

 

What's the best (or a few of the best) Denim tailor...? 

 

And places that will accept mail-ins.  Probably New York or LA I'm guessing. 

 

Need to get some hems chainstitched and would like to taper the legs a little more.

 

Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread