or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 423

post #6331 of 22046
Ok, my order showed up...which pair should I keep? Excuse the photos...I shouldn't have worn just a white undershirt as I really had to blow out the whites to get the jeans to show up.

Low Straight:
344

Slim:
353

I am leaning toward the low straights 95% as the slims made it almost impossible to get my shoes on. I don't plan to gain any weight but I may be losing a little bit--I just spent 6 weeks recovering from a bike accident but I am back to riding and will start racing/training again next week (so any weight won't come off my thighs which were pretty damn tight in there).
post #6332 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffatt View Post

Anybody seen these in 32 in the outlets or someone could hook me up?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150668333192
263

these may fit you actually. I purchased the size 34 pair in your post and sent them back because the thigh is extremely narrow
post #6333 of 22046
otc, they look nearly identical but the low straights appear to be a better fit. However, I would stick with the slim because of the narrower leg opening. Additionally the slims will stretch a bit and will fit better after a month of wear.
post #6334 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Ok, my order showed up...which pair should I keep? Excuse the photos...I shouldn't have worn just a white undershirt as I really had to blow out the whites to get the jeans to show up.
Low Straight:
344
Slim:
353
I am leaning toward the low straights 95% as the slims made it almost impossible to get my shoes on. I don't plan to gain any weight but I may be losing a little bit--I just spent 6 weeks recovering from a bike accident but I am back to riding and will start racing/training again next week (so any weight won't come off my thighs which were pretty damn tight in there).

Both look good, I think the low straights fit you better.
post #6335 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Both look good, I think the low straights fit you better.

+1, otc you look younger than i thought; pictured you as a 40+ year man
post #6336 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Ok, my order showed up...which pair should I keep? Excuse the photos...I shouldn't have worn just a white undershirt as I really had to blow out the whites to get the jeans to show up.

Low Straight:
344

Slim:
353

I am leaning toward the low straights 95% as the slims made it almost impossible to get my shoes on. I don't plan to gain any weight but I may be losing a little bit--I just spent 6 weeks recovering from a bike accident but I am back to riding and will start racing/training again next week (so any weight won't come off my thighs which were pretty damn tight in there).

+1 on the low straights
post #6337 of 22046
otc, are the slims raw rigid? if so they will stretch about 1-2 sizes in the waist
post #6338 of 22046
they won't stretch 2 sizes...
post #6339 of 22046
40? I just turned 25 smile.gif

They are both rigid...but neither one needs to stretch in the waist.

The seat and thighs are held tight enough by my oversized quads that sizing down is not really an option--I'm just happy to get things where the waist doesn't start out too big.

Looking at the pictures, I prefer the low straights--the slims seem to bulge out funny below the hip and I think the rise is better. Also, I would probably never be able to put my phone in the pocket on the slims (for some reason, it is the front part of my quads that are disproportionate)
post #6340 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

40? I just turned 25 smile.gif
They are both rigid...but neither one needs to stretch in the waist.
The seat and thighs are held tight enough by my oversized quads that sizing down is not really an option--I'm just happy to get things where the waist doesn't start out too big.
Looking at the pictures, I prefer the low straights--the slims seem to bulge out funny below the hip and I think the rise is better. Also, I would probably never be able to put my phone in the pocket on the slims (for some reason, it is the front part of my quads that are disproportionate)

ha, my bad. I thought that because I mainly see you post in MC. I just turned 25 myself. cheers.gif
post #6341 of 22046
just got my 50% off order today ... the peacoat and chambray workshirt are boss ... fit is great on both smile.gif
post #6342 of 22046
I got the same same two and was making the same choice myself. I also went with the low straight. I think they look a little better in the thigh and lower leg. I remember when I first got my APCs they were tighter than the RRLs I got though and I'm worried these will stretch too much. I can button them and they are a bit tight, but not terrible. They won't stretch as much as APCs right? I'm hoping these will work out but am a little worried I should have sized down even more.
post #6343 of 22046
looking for some nice pre-faded jeans, any ones worth nothing in rrl?
post #6344 of 22046
rrl makes the best washed jeans i've seen. i can't tell the difference between my pair and some beat ass sugarcanes i faded myself. seriously.
post #6345 of 22046
.......
Edited by jimmyfingers - 10/30/11 at 10:46am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread