or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 302

post #4516 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post
Don't know about an official warranty, but I bet if you bought them at a RL store, they would take care of you.

A noobie question here: how do these crotch explosions (that seem so common on SF) occur? Are you wearing these tight, or do they just wear thin at the crotch over time?

the crotch/seat is kind of the epicenter of day to day wear, either from walking or biking (or sitting down to blog, haha)

my apcs are going on a year and starting to wear at the seat.though with RRLs you dont size down to account for stretch, do you? just to beat the vanity fit
post #4517 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch&Whisk View Post
the crotch/seat is kind of the epicenter of day to day wear, either from walking or biking (or sitting down to blog, haha) my apcs are going on a year and starting to wear at the seat.though with RRLs you dont size down to account for stretch, do you? just to beat the vanity fit
I think some do size down on RRLs to account for stretch, although I think it's a matter of personal preference. Certainly not as much stretch as APCs are known for. What you say makes sense. I just have a hard enough time getting my jeans to fade, let alone worrying about blowouts. As whodini says, maybe I need to bike and play football in them to get the real fade lines.
post #4518 of 20963
You guys really find RRL stuff at the outlets? It seems that my local outlet (Jackson, NJ) has had the exact same items for years now. I don't even bother going in there much anymore because I pretty much know exactly what I will find.
post #4519 of 20963
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch&Whisk View Post
my apcs are going on a year and starting to wear at the seat.though with RRLs you dont size down to account for stretch, do you? just to beat the vanity fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post
I think some do size down on RRLs to account for stretch, although I think it's a matter of personal preference. Certainly not as much stretch as APCs are known for.

What you say makes sense. I just have a hard enough time getting my jeans to fade, let alone worrying about blowouts. As whodini says, maybe I need to bike and play football in them to get the real fade lines.
People size down in APC because they're both bigger than tagged and because they stretch. The MIJ RRL years ago had the same problem (see my size 28 that measured 32"), and my current pair of RRL Low Straights tagged 30 measured out to 32" when I originally got them while they're closer to 34" now.
post #4520 of 20963
Had a dream about oxblood selvedge last night, where can I find some RRL oxbloods in real life? Also, if I wear a 30 in APC PS and am a true 32" waist, am I looking at a 28 in the slim fits?
post #4521 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Day Man View Post
You guys really find RRL stuff at the outlets? It seems that my local outlet (Jackson, NJ) has had the exact same items for years now. I don't even bother going in there much anymore because I pretty much know exactly what I will find.




The internet makes rare finds seem common. Most people probably don't find shit either.
post #4522 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Day Man View Post
You guys really find RRL stuff at the outlets? It seems that my local outlet (Jackson, NJ) has had the exact same items for years now. I don't even bother going in there much anymore because I pretty much know exactly what I will find.

Every RL outlet has the possibility of getting some RRL items simply through returns. Any item purchased at an outlet can be returned at any outlet is the US. However, the employees usually snatch these up fast.

Some outlets do not get any RRL in their shipment. My local outlet has 0 past season retail. I went to another outlet in GA last week, and they had about 100 jeans that were RRL. Too bad they were all size 28 or other smaller sizes.

On another note, I was talking with a SA from the Malibu RRL store the other day. He claimed that selvedge was much cheaper to produce. We were talking about the limited officer chinos for 220. He said he had a pair of non selvedge ones that were around the 500 mark.

I do not know enough about fabric costs and maybe their was some miscommunication of the 500 dollar chinos were severely distressed.
post #4523 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post
Every RL outlet has the possibility of getting some RRL items simply through returns. Any item purchased at an outlet can be returned at any outlet is the US. However, the employees usually snatch these up fast.

Some outlets do not get any RRL in their shipment. My local outlet has 0 past season retail. I went to another outlet in GA last week, and they had about 100 jeans that were RRL. Too bad they were all size 28 or other smaller sizes.

On another note, I was talking with a SA from the Malibu RRL store the other day. He claimed that selvedge was much cheaper to produce. We were talking about the limited officer chinos for 220. He said he had a pair of non selvedge ones that were around the 500 mark.

I do not know enough about fabric costs and maybe their was some miscommunication of the 500 dollar chinos were severely distressed.

He must be mixing up the fabric being selvedge and the distressing. I think selvedge fabric is more expensive than non-selvedge simply because the looms produce less fabric per hour (being narrower than modern looms), and also because there is probably more waste in cutting and sewing.

The $500 officer chinos are probably that much because of the labor involved in doing the distressing. The same reason RRL's distressed denim costs more than its one rinse denim.
post #4524 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post
He must be mixing up the fabric being selvedge and the distressing. I think selvedge fabric is more expensive than non-selvedge simply because the looms produce less fabric per hour (being narrower than modern looms), and also because there is probably more waste in cutting and sewing.

The $500 officer chinos are probably that much because of the labor involved in doing the distressing. The same reason RRL's distressed denim costs more than its one rinse denim.

I was always under the impression that selvedge fabric cost more as well for the reasons stated above. I am not sure what 500 dollar chinos he was referring to as well

I know all the crazy distressing they do costs money since most of it is done by hand.

He was also trying to sale me the 500 dollar chinos since they were all out of selvedge ones.
post #4525 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post
Every RL outlet has the possibility of getting some RRL items simply through returns. Any item purchased at an outlet can be returned at any outlet is the US. However, the employees usually snatch these up fast.

Some outlets do not get any RRL in their shipment. My local outlet has 0 past season retail. I went to another outlet in GA last week, and they had about 100 jeans that were RRL. Too bad they were all size 28 or other smaller sizes.

My local outlet is pretty shitty compared to some others I have been to. I will have to remember to stop in any others that I pass by.
post #4526 of 20963
RRL or no RRL, I always love going to the polo outlet. I'd prefer a store, but nothing in upstate New York. I'll go to Fashion outlets of Niagara just for the Polo outlet (and usually buy nothing), but it's always happy days when I walk through the doors.
post #4527 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Day Man View Post
My local outlet is pretty shitty compared to some others I have been to. I will have to remember to stop in any others that I pass by.


jackson nj outlet does not except any returns from rrl or any other polo store. only there stuff, hence you are very unlikely to find any rrl there.
post #4528 of 20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
jackson nj outlet does not except any returns from rrl or any other polo store. only there stuff, hence you are very unlikely to find any rrl there.

They can still accept returns on RRL items that were bought at other outlets though. It is pretty rare to see people returning RRL items away from their local outlet though.
post #4529 of 20963
Went to the Gtown store today and picked up some mega discounted products. Two kon tiki shirts at ~$85 each (one madras like and another cotton/linen) and a pair of the sand jeans I've been waiting for. Will post pics once I get the delivery. Can't wait! Oh, and fwiw, there's a real cute girl that works at that store. Persian chick. Very helpful, sweet and pretty, to boot.
post #4530 of 20963


Kopped at Barcelona RL Outlet, not bad (in Europe) for 100€.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread