or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 271

post #4051 of 20947

...


Edited by stu00a - 6/3/12 at 10:43pm
post #4052 of 20947
One thing that I was wondering about with RRL jeans was the actual inseams-- I only see pairs with a listed 32 or 34 inseam. When I measured a current raw pair of 34 x 34 slim fits, I got an inseam measurement of 37.
post #4053 of 20947
went down to the GTown store and saw that they had the famous red chambray shirt. $250 bones - no fuggin way. Tried on a pair of great beige slim boot cut jeans that fit awesomely. Will wait until this one goes on sale on ebay or B&S. Otherwise, they had some shorts, that shawl collar sweater, some shorts, chinos and a few oxford button downs. Nothing special. Waiting for a light colored denim shirt that was supposedly sold out.
post #4054 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post
went down to the GTown store and saw that they had the famous red chambray shirt. $250 bones - no fuggin way.

Tried on a pair of great beige slim boot cut jeans that fit awesomely. Will wait until this one goes on sale on ebay or B&S.

Otherwise, they had some shorts, that shawl collar sweater, some shorts, chinos and a few oxford button downs. Nothing special.

Waiting for a light colored denim shirt that was supposedly sold out.

nothing on sale at the gtown store right? they seem to put their sales WAY later then everyone else and send off the sale stuff quickly to outlets/other stores
post #4055 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
nothing on sale at the gtown store right? they seem to put their sales WAY later then everyone else and send off the sale stuff quickly to outlets/other stores

I thought I saw a sale rack right next to the RRL section, but I flew right by it.
post #4056 of 20947
Anyone know if they sell RRL at the Ralph Lauren in Charlotte's South Park Mall before I make the drive?
post #4057 of 20947
call me crazy but why don't you call them and ask them yourself?
post #4058 of 20947
Warren,

No RRL there, I've tried it. Not a bad little shop, but definitely no RRL.
post #4059 of 20947
Some people are saying that RRL doesn't make any profit for RL...is that really true when jeans are $300 and shirts are $150? Just asking so don't bash me people!

Also OP, Barney's in Northpark Mall (Dallas, TX) carries RRL jeans. There is also an RL store inside the mall that carries a few RRL stuff.

Peace

V
post #4060 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post
Some people are saying that RRL doesn't make any profit for RL...is that really true when jeans are $300 and shirts are $150? Just asking so don't bash me people!

Also OP, Barney's in Northpark Mall (Dallas, TX) carries RRL jeans. There is also an RL store inside the mall that carries a few RRL stuff.

Peace

V

I don't know, but why wouldn't they be making a profit? There are alot of people buying at full retail. The jackrabbit shirt and officer's chinos right here on SF through Blake are two cases in point. They've sold like hotcakes. Two items do not cover a brand, but still, that jackrabbit at $250 is made in China - there's some big profit in there that covers losses elswhere. They're jeans are definitely worth full retail, and notwithstanding the influx of jeans into factories, I bet they are selling quite a bit through stores before they get to the factories (we are not the privileged customers RRL looks for). And even stuff making their way into factories but made in China might still be making some profit.

The only thing I can see that would set RRL back would be cost of retail locations - those are some expensive locations I imagine.
post #4061 of 20947
Just a heads up, Context now has selvage officer chino in stock from 29-36. You need to send an email to place order..
post #4062 of 20947
^^^ Got the selvage chino's and a selvage oxford for sale...check the sig.
post #4063 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post
Some people are saying that RRL doesn't make any profit for RL...is that really true when jeans are $300 and shirts are $150? Just asking so don't bash me people!

Also OP, Barney's in Northpark Mall (Dallas, TX) carries RRL jeans. There is also an RL store inside the mall that carries a few RRL stuff.

Peace

V

i'm sorry, but no company, doesn't matter if you make paper clips or Bentleys, would continue making a product if it doesn't produce profit. It might not have the last couple years, but overall, i'd say they are doing just fine with he brand.
post #4064 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuj2001 View Post
Just a heads up, Context now has selvage officer chino in stock from 29-36. You need to send an email to place order..

mine are on the way
post #4065 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
i'm sorry, but no company, doesn't matter if you make paper clips or Bentleys, would continue making a product if it doesn't produce profit. It might not have the last couple years, but overall, i'd say they are doing just fine with he brand.

+1 even though you would think this would be common sense. Don't you worry, RRL is making money and when it doesn't, it won't be around or it will be subsumed into the RL empire.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread