or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 209

post #3121 of 21948
yeah it's excellent. btw i hope you don't take my comment as a criticism. just noting that they pulled this design out of the archive or something and put it into larger scale production.
post #3122 of 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post
man that shirt is 10 yrs old? it looks like it can be with you for another 10 yrs.
Yeah its pretty old. I am the second owner. From the feel of the fabric, you would think there would be several holes by now, but with exception of a few frayed edges, the integrity of the shirt feels as strong as ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE View Post
yeah it's excellent. btw i hope you don't take my comment as a criticism. just noting that they pulled this design out of the archive or something and put it into larger scale production.
not at all. Im actually watching a few of those Polo "rip-off" shirts on ebay right now
post #3123 of 21948
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
yeah it is. I just noticed that one pocket has a flap and the other doesnt...

That's actually what I like about it most. Asymmetry adds a lot to a garment imo.
post #3124 of 21948
I'm thinking to get this RRL black denim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-260-Ralph-La...item3f091f9563

seller answered me this one isn't marked as selvedge denim, however, he told me "When we got in the black ones, one pair were marked selvedge and had the new RRL price tag that was introduced in the fall and they have the exact same style number and price and they are selvedge."

He also sent me inside seam of the denim

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/...kjeansseam.jpg

Can you guys tell if this one is selvedge denim?

Also, do they stretch?
post #3125 of 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE View Post
is that a pen slot? POLO by RL actually ripped this exact design off and is making shirts like this now.

your tumblr name is pure genius
post #3126 of 21948
I´m considering get one of those shirt jacket

somebody got it? how fits?
post #3127 of 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobopyon View Post
I'm thinking to get this RRL black denim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-260-Ralph-La...item3f091f9563

seller answered me this one isn't marked as selvedge denim, however, he told me "When we got in the black ones, one pair were marked selvedge and had the new RRL price tag that was introduced in the fall and they have the exact same style number and price and they are selvedge."

He also sent me inside seam of the denim

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/...kjeansseam.jpg

Can you guys tell if this one is selvedge denim?

Also, do they stretch?

Yes it is selvedge denim but overdyed so you can't see the white edges.

B.
post #3128 of 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE View Post
is that a pen slot? POLO by RL actually ripped this exact design off and is making shirts like this now.

If anything, they made workshirts with the pen slots for Polo before RRL was even around. They've been putting out shirts with that detail for RL for a while. And as far as RRL goes, except for dress shirts or westerns, they all have some form of pen slot, either a separate divider w/ hole, or just a hole in the pocket flap.

It's not surprising to see them share designs across brands. A lot of times you will see Polo pieces which are almost the exact same as RRL, just with less details. Things like nautical jackets would have patches and stencils for RRL, and a little plainer for Polo.
post #3129 of 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post
If anything, they made workshirts with the pen slots for Polo before RRL was even around. They've been putting out shirts with that detail for RL for a while. And as far as RRL goes, except for dress shirts or westerns, they all have some form of pen slot, either a separate divider w/ hole, or just a hole in the pocket flap. It's not surprising to see them share designs across brands. A lot of times you will see Polo pieces which are almost the exact same as RRL, just with less details. Things like nautical jackets would have patches and stencils for RRL, and a little plainer for Polo.
OK. This makes sense. I actually have a Polo by RL dress shirt that is very similar to a shirt from orchard street. poly800rock - thank you. i actually didn't come up with it.
post #3130 of 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispace View Post
Yes it is selvedge denim but overdyed so you can't see the white edges.

B.

Thank you!
post #3131 of 21948
Does anyone know where you can purchase new RRL mens clothing on line?
post #3132 of 21948
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ralph-Lauren...item2563121c6e


I don't know if bigjimbo RRL ebay seller doesn't know what he has, knows and switched tags, or picked it up with mixed up tags, but what he is selling here is the Icon Seasonal Wyoming Wash Buffalo Jacket (really a denim western shirt) cut #20974, retail price at $270.

But he has the retail tag stating Catalog 2 collection with a retail price of $890 and he appears to be selling at deep discount, but really it's $29 over retail for what it truly is.

Jimbo is usually a good seller. I hope he isn't going blue-present on us.
post #3133 of 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
Im actually watching a few of those Polo "rip-off" shirts on ebay right now

There is definitely a bunch of Polo items that are moving very close to RRL style. Their website has this "Rugged Icons" collection. http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...RUGGED_SHOPNOW

I'm not sure if this was the same thing, but when I was last in an RL store that carried RRL, I noticed a ton of mainline Polo clothing that was very close in aesthetic to RRL. I also have a pair of pants (posted pics a while back) that are labeled something like "Polo Sportsman" and that seem to be similar to some RRL pants.

Slightly related, if you are looking for slim fit jeans, you should not be afraid to check out the Rugby line. I have a pair of selvedge demin I bought on deep discount a couple years ago; they are top quality rigid denim. Similar to these: http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?...334&cp=3768060

The Rugby selvedge jeans use US, not Japanese, denim, and are made in the US. Still great jeans.
post #3134 of 21948
Can anyone recognize anything special about these jeans that they claim retail for $525? One shitty picture for an asking price of $299. On checking their other items, I see a pic from bluepresent guy; wonder if it's the same seller or just a stolen pic? http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL...#ht_713wt_1139 Now here is really interesting Polo jacket. Not sure if it's worth $199 as vintage, but really cool: http://cgi.ebay.com/POLO-RALPH-LAURE...ht_7953wt_1139 As is this, if you like this sort of thing: http://cgi.ebay.com/RRL-Ralph-Lauren...ht_5297wt_1139
post #3135 of 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysnapple2000 View Post
Does anyone know where you can purchase new RRL mens clothing on line?

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread