or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1788

post #26806 of 27605
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvoytko View Post



I don't know if any of your girlfriends wear RRL but i gambled on these size 25 jeans for my gf and theyre too small. Was going to send them back but ill hook anyone up on here if interested. 35 shipped CONUS

My wife is a 24 in RRL but what's the waist measure? If they work, I'll take those off your hands..
post #26807 of 27605
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


My wife is a 24 in RRL but what's the waist measure? If they work, I'll take those off your hands..


already sold them to another member...maybe hell repost if they don't work for his SO

post #26808 of 27605








Trousers are all RRL. Slim Straight fit broken in, and Slim Straight Fit BREAKING in. Denim overshirt is Yellow Hook, and totally inspired by RRL (but made in Brooklyn), scarf is just an antique piece of Japanese Boro textile. Met hat makes me sad.
post #26809 of 27605
2017 buddy. Mets will be healthy once again.
post #26810 of 27605
Like everyone else, the F&F coupon seduced me to try the green-cast slim-fit denim jacket:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=99309386

Less substantial than I expected. Fit is good. The proportions were right. But the gold buttons. Too much for me. Wanted to love it.
post #26811 of 27605
Hmm, love the gold buttons myself. Kind of odd the side adjuster have regular buttons though. I assume that's a detail from the Lee it's based on.
post #26812 of 27605
Quote:
Originally Posted by oynag View Post

Like everyone else, the F&F coupon seduced me to try the green-cast slim-fit denim jacket:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=99309386

Less substantial than I expected. Fit is good. The proportions were right. But the gold buttons. Too much for me. Wanted to love it.

 

Count me seduced as well. I agree that the fabric is lighter than expected, but I like the texture and feel. Fit is definitely slim, which I prefer in a denim jacket.

 

I'm crazy about this piece! (Or just plain crazy.) 

 

 

 

post #26813 of 27605
I will add my comments to the equation as I knuckled down and also bought the denim jacket at the very last minute. I am not much of a denim jacket guy (don't like "denim on denim") however I LOVE this jacket. Slim fit is great as I want to use it as a layering piece under other things- the weight is just perfect and comfortable- and agree that the gold buttons are gorgeous. I also would have loved to see the gold buttons carried over to the back side - a major bummer for me.
post #26814 of 27605
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Hmm, love the gold buttons myself. Kind of odd the side adjuster have regular buttons though. I assume that's a detail from the Lee it's based on.

Completely personal preference. It by no means looks bad and they complement the style. You're exactly right about the black buttons on the waist tabs. That was odd. Ironically, their reserved color really stands out.
post #26815 of 27605
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post

I will add my comments to the equation as I knuckled down and also bought the denim jacket at the very last minute. I am not much of a denim jacket guy (don't like "denim on denim") however I LOVE this jacket. Slim fit is great as I want to use it as a layering piece under other things- the weight is just perfect and comfortable- and agree that the gold buttons are gorgeous. I also would have loved to see the gold buttons carried over to the back side - a major bummer for me.

I thought the same about layering. It made me reconsider. Alas, I'd have little chance to do so where I live.
post #26816 of 27605
The gold/brass buttons and the cat-eye side buttons are part of the 101j repro details ... the metal tarnishes with time...

For a much more substantial 101j repro, self-edge had/has a raw version from Iron Heart... IMHO this was way too rigid for me and would require a lot "break-in"/wear ... I was very happy with the RRL lighter version.
Edited by Cooly - 10/9/16 at 8:39am
post #26817 of 27605
Quick jumping pic of those amazing repaired cords.



post #26818 of 27605
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwedo View Post

Quick jumping pic of those amazing repaired cords.



 

OK, these look pretty cool.

 

Would you say the sizing is typical of most RRL trousers—vanity, 1 to 2 sizes larger than what's on the label?

post #26819 of 27605
yes, I downsize 2 in all RRL Jeans and other pants of the brand. (I am 32, I buy 30)

Here, fitting is very similar to officer chinos (I wear 30/32)
post #26820 of 27605
shades of indigo

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread