or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1766

post #26476 of 27120


Is yours the 'raw' version?

It seems that one has the wool blanket pocket while the recent washed one doesn't.

 

I have the denim duffle bag, also 'raw' with the blanket wool pocket. I like it very much.

post #26477 of 27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post
 


Is yours the 'raw' version?

It seems that one has the wool blanket pocket while the recent washed one doesn't.

 

I have the denim duffle bag, also 'raw' with the blanket wool pocket. I like it very much.

 

 

Yup, mine is the 'raw' version, I wasn't aware that there was another version, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.  I missed out on the matching denim duffle.  I was impressed with the emerson, also I recall the pricing being quite reasonable (considering RRL $495 tote) 

post #26478 of 27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Quaaludes View Post


Interesting.  I have the Emerson bag, which I picked up about a year and a half ago I think.  My version definitely has a striped wool 'blanket' pocket.

^^^I've seen both versions at sample sales.


This was probably the best buy from the current online sale, $34 from $135.

post #26479 of 27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post
 

The newest iteration is listed as 4.5 oz, so I think it's lighter than last year's.

Are you sure, it's the third time?
I can't recall, seeing this one before last year's. This is not your normal wabash cotton fabric.

 

Absolutely NOT positive. There's the current one and the one I own featuring a slightly different collar and pocket. But I seem to recall one between those two; Winter or Spring—identical to the current iteration but with the black RRL label. Can't find an image online so it could be a figment of my imagination. ;)

post #26480 of 27120

I'm assuming the west broadway store is best for rrl assortment over the Madison store?

post #26481 of 27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

I am eyeing up some denim. Either the Fairview...

77B869F9-72FB-4DC6-AA37-3D0BDD4089A5.jpg

Or the Billings...

F9FA3277-8CF0-488F-93E1-6C81EBE6A7AE.jpg

Leaning towards the Fairview cause I need a darker wash in a slim fit.

Anyone see these new fall denims in the flesh? The Fairviews look really nice! 14.7oz seems a little heavy to me, but it's probably more in the medium weight category. Love the darker wash, distressing and sick fades. RRL is the best in the business at doing pre-distressed denim.
post #26482 of 27120

indigo slub cotton hoodie just got pulled from the website =(

 

going to have to try to call and find this at a store today, was definitely on my want list

post #26483 of 27120

So dot com recently helped locate the UNCONSTRUCTED SPORT COAT STYLE NUMBER: 85545436  in 38R at the West Broadway store, and for $300 w/tax, and shipped, I must say this is an awesome jacket (not sure its worth the $990 list price). Its much lighter (in terms of fabric weight) than it appears in the picture on the site. Online, it almost appears like Denim and much lighter shade - in reality its a deeper indigo color. Should be ok for both summer/fall. 

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85545436

 

On a side note (not RRL related) the Levi's LVC White tab shirt (Based on the 1907 Sunset shirt) just arrived and is a steal for the price (link below). Its well made and cut slim from Japanese Selvedge; and if I was to guess its about 6 oz, kind of thick.for summer. MSRP is $130, discounted to $64.90 (in INDIGO STRIPE), and with the additional 40% discount being offered currently, it came down to $41.21 w/ tax. All sizes, S, M, L, XL in INDIGO STRIPE are currently available at the time of this posting.

 

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-clothing-shirts/p/226430004

post #26484 of 27120

I recently picked up the RRL Chambray shirt in light Indigo (single pocket and dark blue buttons) on sale at the Atlanta store... I think it was about $70 (list $225) from the SP1 collection (its not showing up online so cannot post a link). About the same time, I had ordered the Levi's light indigo chambray shirt (link below) which just arrived. The fabric on both is very similar (in terms of weave and weight) with the RRL chambray being half a shade darker. The stitching on the Levi's is not comparable to the RRL shirt (the Levi's is a regular Red tab) but the fit is almost identical. At $17 though the Levi's beats the RRL.

 

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-clothing-shirts/p/195860014

 

Edit: the Levi's is a White tab, not Red. Also, upon closer look, it does have double chain stitching. It also seems like its the same fabric but the Levi's seems once washed and the RRL not... but not sure.

post #26485 of 27120
Most RRL sports coat are center vent, that killed it for me
post #26486 of 27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJCruiser View Post

So dot com recently helped locate the UNCONSTRUCTED SPORT COAT STYLE NUMBER: 85545436  in 38R at the West Broadway store, and for $300 w/tax, and shipped, I must say this is an awesome jacket (not sure its worth the $990 list price). Its much lighter (in terms of fabric weight) than it appears in the picture on the site. Online, it almost appears like Denim and much lighter shade - in reality its a deeper indigo color. Should be ok for both summer/fall. 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85545436

On a side note (not RRL related) the Levi's LVC White tab shirt (Based on the 1907 Sunset shirt) just arrived and is a steal for the price (link below). Its well made and cut slim from Japanese Selvedge; and if I was to guess its about 6 oz, kind of thick.for summer. MSRP is $130, discounted to $64.90 (in INDIGO STRIPE)
, and with the additional 40% discount being offered currently, it came down to $41.21 w/ tax. All sizes, S, M, L, XL in INDIGO STRIPE are currently available at the time of this posting.


http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-clothing-shirts/p/226430004
I've been wearing the Unconstructed Sport Coat "a lot" the past few months (I got when it first came out) ... It's the perfect Spring/Summer Sport coat (it's cotton) to wear with jeans (and khakis) ... I love the fabric/color

... Be forwarned ... It bleeds a lot of Indigo at first ... Be careful with khakis or lite colored furniture (I.e conference room tables smile.gif ) with that piece ...
They should be coming out with a similar one made out of wool for Fall ...
post #26487 of 27120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooly View Post


I've been wearing the Unconstructed Sport Coat "a lot" the past few months (I got when it first came out) ... It's the perfect Spring/Summer Sport coat (it's cotton) to wear with jeans (and khakis) ... I love the fabric/color

... Be forwarned ... It bleeds a lot of Indigo at first ... Be careful with khakis or lite colored furniture (I.e conference room tables smile.gif ) with that piece ...
They should be coming out with a similar one made out of wool for Fall ...

Thanks for the heads up Cooly! 

post #26488 of 27120

Wythe Boots

 

Has anyone bought the new RRL captoe Wythe boots?  I've been trying to google for a a picture of them being worn and/or with a bit of wear on them but no success so far.

post #26489 of 27120
Got some of the tan officer cords incoming.

Description uses the term "Bedford" so I assume (aka hope) the fabric is like the LVC Bedford cords (quite firm/stiff)

Don't know how other people how found RRL Officers but it seems the cut /sizing has got a bit smaller recently ?
post #26490 of 27120

Hello experts,

 

I have seen two versions of the Bowery Boot at the local store - the upper looks exactly the same on both with the only difference being the sole. One has the all-leather smooth sole (with a layer of black rubber out-sole on heel only) - this is the version that you see on the RRL website. And the other has the black rubber out-sole all the way - this one is not on the site. What is the difference between the two? Is one better than the other? Why was only one version on sale and not the other?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread