or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1763

post #26431 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by pn2k View Post



Anyone got a photo of the bonded jacket? I'm betting the colour is nothing like the image above. Also is it actually waterproof? As that would be my main reason for buying it.

I almost bought that coat, but the breast pocket all crowded up next to the button was a deal killer for me.
post #26432 of 27168

Does anyone else also have this Striped Cotton-Flax Workshirt?

 

 

 

It's a beautiful shirt: great fabric (50% flax) and has a good cut.

What I just found weird is that in the area of the most bottom buttonhole there seems to be some plastic in there. You can hear it, when you press that area.

Has anybody else got that?

post #26433 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post
 

Does anyone else also have this Striped Cotton-Flax Workshirt?

 

 

 

It's a beautiful shirt: great fabric (50% flax) and has a good cut.

What I just found weird is that in the area of the most bottom buttonhole there seems to be some plastic in there. You can hear it, when you press that area.

Has anybody else got that?

I've had that happen from a Nordstrom dress shirt before...I took it back as I didn't want that crinkle-y sound ...wasn't sure if it was going to go away with washing/laundering..

 

it's leftover from when it was manufactured...

post #26434 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooly View Post
 

I've had that happen from a Nordstrom dress shirt before...I took it back as I didn't want that crinkle-y sound ...wasn't sure if it was going to go away with washing/laundering..

 

it's leftover from when it was manufactured...

 

I have that shirt, but it's cotton-linen blend. (I know that linen and flax are used interchangeably, but it says "linen" on the label.) RRL repeated it in a different collar style for Spring. I can confirm the crinkle-y sound but find it strangely endearing. ;)


Edited by aquila49 - 7/21/16 at 8:21am
post #26435 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaSurfer View Post
 

 

 ​If  it says only 1 remaining, you've got less than a 50% chance of actually getting it.  Bad inventory management, I guess....

 

 

 

Yep.  I've tried ordering multiple "1 remaining" things before and they were all cancelled except for the Plainview boots that I grabbed in this most recent sale.  Couldn't believe they actually got delivered, I thought for sure they'd get cancelled, too.

post #26436 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post

Yep.  I've tried ordering multiple "1 remaining" things before and they were all cancelled except for the Plainview boots that I grabbed in this most recent sale.  Couldn't believe they actually got delivered, I thought for sure they'd get cancelled, too.

You're not the guy who bought the 9 1/2D are you??? patch[1].gif

If you have pics handy, I'd love to see how these actually look as opposed to how the website makes them look...
post #26437 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


You're not the guy who bought the 9 1/2D are you??? patch[1].gif

If you have pics handy, I'd love to see how these actually look as opposed to how the website makes them look...

 

Mine are 10s.  I do typically wear 9 1/2s but the 10s seem to fit not perfectly but still reasonably well for daily wear.

 

Yeah, happy to snap a pic.  These are the light tan Plainviews, though.  Look almost like suede from a distance until you look close up.  Is that what you're looking for?  I thought they had another "Plainview" model that's a different style, like chocolate brown leather.

post #26438 of 27168

Hi

 

About RRL jeans.

 

I am W33 in slim fit, rigid.

 

W33 for narrow fit too? Better W34?

 

 

Regards.

post #26439 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicab View Post
 

Hi

 

About RRL jeans.

 

I am W33 in slim fit, rigid.

 

W33 for narrow fit too? Better W34?

 

 

Regards.

I went true to my RRL size with slim narrows (31 for my true size 33 waist) They fit well but I would like a little more room and wish I went up to a 32 after my first wash

post #26440 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post

Mine are 10s.  I do typically wear 9 1/2s but the 10s seem to fit not perfectly but still reasonably well for daily wear.

Yeah, happy to snap a pic.  These are the light tan Plainviews, though.  Look almost like suede from a distance until you look close up.  Is that what you're looking for?  I thought they had another "Plainview" model that's a different style, like chocolate brown leather.

Nope, those are the ones.. I actually thought they WERE suede.. If you're ever looking to sell them, hit me up..
post #26441 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
 

 

Mine are 10s.  I do typically wear 9 1/2s but the 10s seem to fit not perfectly but still reasonably well for daily wear.

 

Yeah, happy to snap a pic.  These are the light tan Plainviews, though.  Look almost like suede from a distance until you look close up.  Is that what you're looking for?  I thought they had another "Plainview" model that's a different style, like chocolate brown leather.

 

Which Plainviews are we talking about? I bought a pair during the recent sale and they certainly appear to be suede. Really like the look!

 

post #26442 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila49 View Post

Which Plainviews are we talking about? I bought a pair during the recent sale and they certainly appear to be suede. Really like the look!

These are the ones I was thinking of.. I didn't need another pair of western boots, so held off at retail, but wanted to jump on them in the sale and lost out..
post #26443 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


These are the ones I was thinking of.. I didn't need another pair of western boots, so held off at retail, but wanted to jump on them in the sale and lost out..

 

Yeah, let me take a look at mine.  Color's pretty much the same but I don't think mine are suede like that.  Or maybe they are and I didn't pay close attention.

post #26444 of 27168

Anyone have any experience with RRL tailored suits? Just ordered the Herringbone suit with pants. Ended up getting two sizes of the pants since I don't trust the size 32 will actually be a 32

post #26445 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderplyr View Post
 

Anyone have any experience with RRL tailored suits? Just ordered the Herringbone suit with pants. Ended up getting two sizes of the pants since I don't trust the size 32 will actually be a 32

If you are referring to the 3-BUTTON HERRINGBONE JACKET and the HERRINGBONE DAVID PANT then you probably bought the last 32 size pants :)

This morning I ordered the jacket and later noticed the pants are matching. So I called, 5 minutes ago, to confirm, but then when the Rep tried to place the order the size 32 pants, they were out of stock. 

 

Initially, I ordered the jacket to wear as a sports coat but I guess I didnt think through this being a suit and may have to return the jacket.

 

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=84199916&cp=11588650.62131416&ab=ln_men_cs_tailoredjackets&parentPage=family

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=43503036&ab=cs_ymal

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread