or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1747

post #26191 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj610 View Post

Never handled their stuff in person but I'm liking the look of Freenote Clothing, specifically some of their worker/utility items.....................

https://freenotecloth.com/collections/wovens

 

Nice gear. I had heard of them but assumed they were Japanese.  

 

I can't believe I forgot to mention Levi's Vintage Clothing, a heritage brand that's somewhat hit-and-miss with their theme-driven collections. The brand's core offering is vintage-style denim—faithful reproductions that duplicate the "fit, fabric, and details" of workwear dating back to 1890. While fascinating from an historical standpoint, many of the reproductions are too high-waisted and roomy for men accustomed to modern, slimmer cuts. 

 

In addition to selected LVC vintage denim ('47, '54 and '55 501 jeans) I own a number of LVC's Italian-made flannel shirts and some outerwear reproductions that include a 1930's Menlo Leather Jacket, a 1967 Sherpa-Lined Trucker and an iconic 1960's Suede Trucker Jacket.

 

Who knows? If RRL is axed maybe some of the brand's ex-designers will migrate to the Bay Area and revitalize LVC.

post #26192 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post


you shouldn't trust that lol

 

I agree. They are often way off!

post #26193 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila49 View Post

Nice gear. I had heard of them but assumed they were Japanese.  

I can't believe I forgot to mention Levi's Vintage Clothing, a heritage brand that's somewhat hit-and-miss with their theme-driven collections. The brand's core offering is vintage-style denim—faithful reproductions that duplicate the "fit, fabric, and details" of workwear dating back to 1890. While fascinating from an historical standpoint, many of the reproductions are too high-waisted and roomy for men accustomed to modern, slimmer cuts. 

In addition to selected LVC vintage denim ('47, '54 and '55 501 jeans) I own a number of LVC's Italian-made flannel shirts and some outerwear reproductions that include a 1930's Menlo Leather Jacket, a 1967 Sherpa-Lined Trucker and an iconic 1960's Suede Trucker Jacket.

Who knows? If RRL is axed maybe some of the brand's ex-designers will migrate to the Bay Area and revitalize LVC.

Doesn't Wrangler have a completely vintage-like line called "blue bell" that has a similar aesthetic?
post #26194 of 27143

Here's the striped canvas jacket and the indigo polo. The jacket is hard to photograph, it's actually a pretty dark beige, much darker than it looks on the website. The second pic is a truer representation of the color. It fits much truer to size than the sack coat jacket they have on sale currently, which I had to send back because it swallowed me whole.

 

 

 

In regards to RRL sizing, it's the only brand of this style that I can reliably shop at. The Japanese brands often don't come in XS; frankly RRL is one of the only brands like this who sell XS. I would be devastated if they shuttered it, so I've been on a spree to beef up my collection in case the worst happens.


Edited by Bethany Heck - 6/19/16 at 10:18am
post #26195 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila49 View Post

Nice gear. I had heard of them but assumed they were Japanese.  

I can't believe I forgot to mention Levi's Vintage Clothing, a heritage brand that's somewhat hit-and-miss with their theme-driven collections. The brand's core offering is vintage-style denim—faithful reproductions that duplicate the "fit, fabric, and details" of workwear dating back to 1890. While fascinating from an historical standpoint, many of the reproductions are too high-waisted and roomy for men accustomed to modern, slimmer cuts. 

In addition to selected LVC vintage denim ('47, '54 and '55 501 jeans) I own a number of LVC's Italian-made flannel shirts and some outerwear reproductions that include a 1930's Menlo Leather Jacket, a 1967 Sherpa-Lined Trucker and an iconic 1960's Suede Trucker Jacket.

Who knows? If RRL is axed maybe some of the brand's ex-designers will migrate to the Bay Area and revitalize LVC.


That Menlo jacket is a beauty..
post #26196 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila49 View Post

Very cool! When do you think this photo was taken? 1930's?

No, shortly after he returned home from WWII, so late 1940s..
post #26197 of 27143
Who owns a pair of the green limited edition slim fits? These came out in...2015?

I'm curious about the sizing - does this pair match up with typical RRL slim fit sizing, or did they come out larger / smaller in the waist / thigh, etc?

Thanks in advance.

post #26198 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdivide View Post

Who owns a pair of the green limited edition slim fits? These came out in...2015?

I'm curious about the sizing - does this pair match up with typical RRL slim fit sizing, or did they come out larger / smaller in the waist / thigh, etc?

Thanks in advance.


Comparisons between
Olive LE 32 / East West 32x32 / Fairmont 32x32
Waist 17.5 / 17.5 / 17.5
Front rise 10.5 / 10 / 10.5
Back rise 15 / 15 / 15
Thigh 11 / 11 / 11
Knee 8.5 / 8.5 / 8.5
Leg opening 8 / 7.5 / 7.5
Inseam 36.5 / 33.5 / 34.5

The Olive LE denim feels thinner/lighter than the others so that slightly affects the fit also.
post #26199 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany Heck View Post

Here's the striped canvas jacket and the indigo polo.

Thank you for the pictures. That jacket has been on my wish list.

On the topic of stripes and summer items, I ordered this and kept it:

[Edit: forgot the picture- just stock photo, need to do some fit pics]



http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=90497176

It's longer in the body than I expected and I'm surprised that I like it that way. It's not t-shirt material. It's a light knit. Good for evenings.
post #26200 of 27143
FYI- RRL is not part of corporate PRL. It is under the sole proprietary ownership of and controlled by Ralph.
post #26201 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bespoke 51 View Post

FYI- RRL is not part of corporate PRL. It is under the sole proprietary ownership of and controlled by Ralph.

 

Well that's a plus, then.  Should perhaps insulate it a bit from the corp's broader issues.

post #26202 of 27143

For anyone who ordered the type 2 denim jacket, has your ordered shipped? The jeans I ordered with it have already been shipped out and I'm getting a funny feeling the jacket may be cancelled...

post #26203 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloso View Post
 

For anyone who ordered the type 2 denim jacket, has your ordered shipped? The jeans I ordered with it have already been shipped out and I'm getting a funny feeling the jacket may be cancelled...

 

Yeah, my order shipped Friday.  Should be here tomorrow.  I ordered a L and M, and at least one will be going back depending on the fit.

post #26204 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
 

 

Yeah, my order shipped Friday.  Should be here tomorrow.  I ordered a L and M, and at least one will be going back depending on the fit.

 

Ah I see, thanks for the response.

 

When I placed the order, inventory was indicating that 5 were available in medium so I hope it won't get cancelled.

post #26205 of 27143
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloso View Post
 

 

Ah I see, thanks for the response.

 

When I placed the order, inventory was indicating that 5 were available in medium so I hope it won't get cancelled.

 

I wouldn't sweat it.  They probably just got overwhelmed with the volume of orders after prices dropped for the sale.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread