or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1727

post #25891 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igasho View Post

I know sizing is all over the place on RRL jeans. My question is; when you guys say 'size down' do you buy a single size e.g 33" apposed to 34" waist?, and do you buy so they are as tight as possible *yet still able to button up all buttons* or size down with the hope of stretching into being able to do up that naughty top button?

I've had mixed results with all my RRL denim so thought I'd clarify.

Cheers

My answer to this question is when I say size down, I'm saying I usually buy 33 in most non-RRL pants; however, RRL's denim, chino's, and corduroy are what I call "vanity sized" and I get a 32" waist (which fits me like a 33" in say ...Levis).  Is it skin tight? no.  I actually like room because I tuck almost all my shirts even the thicker flannels.  Some would argue I should actually get a 31" as the denim & rigid chino's stretch quite a bit when you wear them, but I don't like tight fitting pants/clothes (personal preference).

post #25892 of 27168
Anyone know if the current sale is valid on RRL in the stores?
post #25893 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post

Anyone know if the current sale is valid on RRL in the stores?


Do you mean the private sale?  On the website, it doesn't seem to have any RRL stuff or maybe one item the "Regular Office Chino" when I apply the "RRL only filter".  I'd love to know if the Spring sale has started....

post #25894 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooly View Post


Do you mean the private sale?  On the website, it doesn't seem to have any RRL stuff or maybe one item the "Regular Office Chino" when I apply the "RRL only filter".  I'd love to know if the Spring sale has started....
Yeah the private sale. The website is trash, a lot of times the promos work in store even if they don't work online.
post #25895 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post


Yeah the private sale. The website is trash, a lot of times the promos work in store even if they don't work online.

Yeah, I have noticed that. Just filtering by brand or clicking on RRL on the sale page generates different results. Sometimes I have noticed that items that are indeed on sale will not show up on the sale list. Is there a good/proven way to navigate on their website? How do others browse RRL?

post #25896 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJCruiser View Post

Yeah, I have noticed that. Just filtering by brand or clicking on RRL on the sale page generates different results. Sometimes I have noticed that items that are indeed on sale will not show up on the sale list. Is there a good/proven way to navigate on their website? How do others browse RRL?

I used to just search RRL, but for god knows what reason they took that ability away.
post #25897 of 27168

Not RRL related, but my Levis order just arrived and I thought I would post this here in case anyone is interested. This is about the Levis+Pendleton collaboration and I am referring to the LEVIS® X PENDLETON® WOOL WORKSHIRT in particular, at the below URL. This is a Made in USA shirt cut from denim made out of 100% pure wool (I believe the fabric is imported, from wherever Pendleton sources theirs from). The fabric, the cut, the build quality, buttons, stitching, etc. on this shirt is just amazing. This is probably one of the best shirts I own now. Its Indigo but looks almost grey indoors. I just took it outside in the sun and I could see the Indigo. I am pretty sure this will fade really nice. The feel (or hand or whatever they call it) of the fabric is really luxurious. Of course this can only be worn in Fall/Winter and will be going into the closet for now, but it was a good deal so I bought it. The list price is $398 but its on sale for $149. And the other day, as levis.com does every few weeks, there was a 40% discount for every $250 spent. So I ended up paying about $90... a 77.5% discount on list. And its WORTH every penny. From a value perspective, this beats RRL hands down (and every single one of my RRL shirts, about 2 dozen, was bought on Sale).

 

All sizes are still available... i wish I had ordered two.

 

 

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-clothing-shirts/p/211750000

post #25898 of 27168
Regarding the so called sale, when I go to the mobile sale page and filter by RRL, 5 items are shown...

Regulation Chino Pant
Clures Slim Western Shirt
Limited-Edition Straight Jean
Brook Plaid Cotton Shirt
Brushed Cotton Workshirt

The last 4 items are sold out. When I got the desktop sale page and filter by RRL, 2 items are shown...Regulation Chino Pant and Brushed Cotton Workshirt. Total trash!!! Anyway, does anyone know when the spring stuff will go on sale?
post #25899 of 27168

Does anyone know what these are? what year/season or what they are called? I looked up but couldn't find any info... i have two of these.

 

post #25900 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJCruiser View Post
 

Not RRL related, but my Levis order just arrived and I thought I would post this here in case anyone is interested. This is about the Levis+Pendleton collaboration and I am referring to the LEVIS® X PENDLETON® WOOL WORKSHIRT in particular, at the below URL. This is a Made in USA shirt cut from denim made out of 100% pure wool (I believe the fabric is imported, from wherever Pendleton sources theirs from). The fabric, the cut, the build quality, buttons, stitching, etc. on this shirt is just amazing. This is probably one of the best shirts I own now. Its Indigo but looks almost grey indoors. I just took it outside in the sun and I could see the Indigo. I am pretty sure this will fade really nice. The feel (or hand or whatever they call it) of the fabric is really luxurious. Of course this can only be worn in Fall/Winter and will be going into the closet for now, but it was a good deal so I bought it. The list price is $398 but its on sale for $149. And the other day, as levis.com does every few weeks, there was a 40% discount for every $250 spent. So I ended up paying about $90... a 77.5% discount on list. And its WORTH every penny. From a value perspective, this beats RRL hands down (and every single one of my RRL shirts, about 2 dozen, was bought on Sale).

 

All sizes are still available... i wish I had ordered two.

 

 

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-clothing-shirts/p/211750000

I ordered the exact same shirt w/ same code. I agree with the above...It is as high quality or better than most of my RRL shirts . I wear a L due to shoulders & chest & will have to alter the bottom half of the shirt a little so it is a little bit more trim, but i do this and the forearm/wrist area of sleeves with almost every shirt I own. Primo shirt though

post #25901 of 27168
Finally acquired a longtime grail of mine - A2 bomber
post #25902 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Finally acquired a longtime grail of mine - A2 bomber

Nice! How is the fit?
post #25903 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post

What's the consensus on Ebay prices for RRL pieces?  Overpriced, about right, underpriced or it depends?  I was browsing the recent listings and a few things looked reasonably priced but the majority looked either slightly overpriced or a flat out absurd ripoff.
Prices are all over the place but as previously mentioned there are deals to be had. The problem is buyers over seas are willing to pay full MSRP or more sometimes where RRL is hard to come by or more expensive.
post #25904 of 27168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post


Prices are all over the place but as previously mentioned there are deals to be had. The problem is buyers over seas are willing to pay full MSRP or more sometimes where RRL is hard to come by or more expensive.

 

Interesting.  So I guess the prices are marketed towards overseas buyers moreso than American domestics.  That would explain some of the more outlandish listings.

post #25905 of 27168
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread