or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1683

post #25231 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrlHEAD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

This isn't correct.

This is.
This, from the FTC website:

Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?



A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.



There's a reason why, when buyers file an "item not as described" dispute with Paypal or their CC company, they win.  Because that's the law.  You can't be forced to pay for something you didn't order, nor can you be forced to go through the trouble of returning something you didn't order, even if that trouble amounts to no more than stuffing it back in a pre-paid box and leaving it on your doorstep for a pickup.  



Then by all means, you should order that wallet and dispute with your CC.
See how well that works out for you
post #25232 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post

Got the blanket lined denim;
Thoughts are:
Toasty warm +1
Itchy & I am not a scratchy kinda guy -1
Sizing pretty true to size, a 31 is a 31. +1
Will they stretch ? Probably yes. Should have known better, my bad
Summation, are they as nice as the IH blanket lined coated denim, no at $500 ! But at sub $200 sure why not.....

Enjoy...

Ps, Drying now after hot soak, the scratchy factor outcome remains to be seen  

Thanks for your review. Looking forward to hearing your post dry results.

So when you said "Sizing pretty true to size, a 31 is a 31. +1", you mean a tagged 31 is 31 inches in the waist right? Very different than other rrl denim I have - but sizing is always a crap shoot!
post #25233 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiej View Post


Thanks for your review. Looking forward to hearing your post dry results.

So when you said "Sizing pretty true to size, a 31 is a 31. +1", you mean a tagged 31 is 31 inches in the waist right? Very different than other rrl denim I have - but sizing is always a crap shoot!


31 measures 15.5 so yes 31=31...There going to stretch also, how much don't know. Good guess is about a inch.

 

Denim is nice, a little slubby..

post #25234 of 27165
in addition to rrl apparel, the accessories have always been awesome as well. that being said, I don't know what's more sick- a 95$ shoe horn/ bottle opener key chain or the fact that I'm considering buying it.
post #25235 of 27165


ha!! could not agree more!

post #25236 of 27165
In case people didn't get the email / didn't see the post in the sales alert thread, additional 20% off sales items with WINTER20

Trying out the jaspe Clyde trousers and waffle henley from this season.
post #25237 of 27165
Does the low straight have a smaller leg opening than the straight leg? Love everything about the straight leg denim except the leg opening is just too big. But the rise and room in the thigh is great
post #25238 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

In case people didn't get the email / didn't see the post in the sales alert thread, additional 20% off sales items with WINTER20

Trying out the jaspe Clyde trousers and waffle henley from this season.

 

 

The Jaspe Clude trousers look really cool. I was tempted by the distressed Kentucky narrow slims, but i really cant justify buing any more jeans. I got the newsboy hat.

post #25239 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitswes View Post

Does the low straight have a smaller leg opening than the straight leg? Love everything about the straight leg denim except the leg opening is just too big. But the rise and room in the thigh is great

Yes...

3EDD4AF5-9D42-4488-9538-C630D9CC43F2.jpg

5EC367DF-1BE7-4264-944B-534175B0146E.jpg

And not that the other measurements are slightly shorter in the low straights. I also included the slim fit specs for comparison purposes.
post #25240 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukarelli View Post

in addition to rrl apparel, the accessories have always been awesome as well. that being said, I don't know what's more sick- a 95$ shoe horn/ bottle opener key chain or the fact that I'm considering buying it.


There's been sooo many times I've been putting on shoes/boots and thought, "this is such a drag....I sure could use a beer"...and wish I had a bottle opener handy!

post #25241 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrlHEAD View Post
 

This, from the FTC website:

Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?

A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.

There's a reason why, when buyers file an "item not as described" dispute with Paypal or their CC company, they win.  Because that's the law.  You can't be forced to pay for something you didn't order, nor can you be forced to go through the trouble of returning something you didn't order, even if that trouble amounts to no more than stuffing it back in a pre-paid box and leaving it on your doorstep for a pickup.  

i'm curious. what do you say to the credit card company when asking for a refund?  do you say "i ordered from them. they sent me something but it was not what i ordered. i'm going to keep it by law and i want a refund?" do you have any magic phrases? 

 

i hate to sound self-righteous.  while it does sound like legally you may have a point but i just don't know if i live by that ethics code myself.  in addition, isn't this like the fastest way to get you black-listed and would even invite investigation (for potentially mail fraud, even if you can defend it)? is it really worth it? 

post #25242 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrlHEAD View Post

 
This, from the FTC website:

Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?



A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.



There's a reason why, when buyers file an "item not as described" dispute with Paypal or their CC company, they win.  Because that's the law.  You can't be forced to pay for something you didn't order, nor can you be forced to go through the trouble of returning something you didn't order, even if that trouble amounts to no more than stuffing it back in a pre-paid box and leaving it on your doorstep for a pickup.  


i'm curious. what do you say to the credit card company when asking for a refund?  do you say "i ordered from them. they sent me something but it was not what i ordered. i'm going to keep it by law and i want a refund?" do you have any magic phrases? 

i hate to sound self-righteous.  while it does sound like legally you may have a point but i just don't know if i live by that ethics code myself.  in addition, isn't this like the fastest way to get you black-listed and would even invite investigation (for potentially mail fraud, even if you can defend it)? is it really worth it? 

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0219-disputing-credit-card-charges#quality
Complaints About the Quality of Goods and Services
Quote:
Disputes about the quality of goods and services are not "billing errors," so the dispute procedure doesn’t apply. However, if you have a problem with goods or services you paid for with a credit or charge card, you can take the same legal actions against the card issuer as you can take under state law against the seller.

To take advantage of this protection, you must have made the purchase (it must be for more than $50) in your home state or within 100 miles of your current billing address, and make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute with the seller first.

The dollar and distance limitations don't apply if the seller also is the card issuer — or if a special business relationship exists between the seller and the card issuer.
post #25243 of 27165

Blanket Lined Limited edition....

 

After one hot soak they are still a little itchy, jus gonna have too man up !.

 

Some shrinkage, not much. Denim is nice going to fade etc, Looks, feels like "cone"

 

Going to do one more soak them hem, don't want to lose the red stripe on the lining...lol

 

Enjoy

post #25244 of 27165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
 

Blanket Lined Limited edition....

 

After one hot soak they are still a little itchy, jus gonna have too man up !.

 

Some shrinkage, not much. Denim is nice going to fade etc, Looks, feels like "cone"

 

Going to do one more soak them hem, don't want to lose the red stripe on the lining...lol

 

Enjoy

 

Is there any way to tell if the denim used is selvedge?  I know that since its lined the selvedge ID probably doesn't show on the interior but was wondering if there were any other details (e.g. interior coin pocket) that would indicate.

post #25245 of 27165

Pretty sure it is by feel & look. Its got a nice weft and slub. No line on coin pocket, not sure RRL does that but haven't bought any RRL denim in a couple of yrs 

 

Know when I get them hemmed..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread