or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1635

post #24511 of 27166

Are we talking about downsizing based on RRL's vanity sized bottoms or are some actually taking it further by buying a tagged 32 (measured 34) with a (body) waist that measures 36?


Edited by Dirty Denim - 11/18/15 at 11:37am
post #24512 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post

...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post

Are we talking about downsizing based on RRL's vanity sized bottoms or are some actually taking it further by buying a tagged 32 (measured 34) with a waist that measures 36?

Thanks folks - I hadn't considered the Lows based on the fact I don't really like low rise jeans, but from measurements they look more like what many a manufacturer would term mid-rise. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap pair in a was I like. I' wish jeans were made to tagged size (or with raw expected shrinkage) - my Studio D'Artisan;s are about 3" under tagged size and the RRL seem a good 2+ " over tagged size...
post #24513 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post

Are we talking about downsizing based on RRL's vanity sized bottoms or are some actually taking it further by buying a tagged 32 (measured 34) with a (body) waist that measures 36?

Haha, I have a true waist that is 33" to 34" and I downsize to W31
post #24514 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


Haha, I have a true waist that is 33" to 34" and I downsize to W31

 

 

 

 

 

What i would do to have my shape prior to getting married and becoming a father.

 

 

 

 Before ( 190lbs  May 2011 )

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AFTER   ( This was for my daughters Farm themed party in 2014 where I was at my biggest 240lbs )

 

post #24515 of 27166
I just love wearing RRL because it fits so well and looks so awesome...only problem is now that I have acquired a concealed carry here in NYC, RRL clothes sort of make it hard for me to do just that. fortunately, winter is here now so i wont have to worry about a sharp bulge for a few months.

i left my oversized denim and sweatshirts back in the nineties...anybody here have that same issue and have addressed it?

btw, i prefer not to hold anything with a barrel that is under 4" and i hate IWB holsters...so please don't suggest any of those two methods.
post #24516 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFIVEZ View Post

I just love wearing RRL because it fits so well and looks so awesome...only problem is now that I have acquired a concealed carry here in NYC, RRL clothes sort of make it hard for me to do just that. fortunately, winter is here now so i wont have to worry about a sharp bulge for a few months.

i left my oversized denim and sweatshirts back in the nineties...anybody here have that same issue and have addressed it?

btw, i prefer not to hold anything with a barrel that is under 4" and i hate IWB holsters...so please don't suggest any of those two methods.


The other 2 methods would be not wearing RRL or leaving the gun at home since you don't wanna go compact or use a IWB holster.

I feel your pain....
post #24517 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post




I'm digging the suspenders. Kind of hard to tell, but how are they attached to your jeans?
post #24518 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

What i would do to have my shape prior to getting married and becoming a father.

 

 

 AFTER   ( This was for my daughters Farm themed party in 2014 where I was at my biggest 240lbs )

 

 

On the upside, you look a little like Russell Crowe in the second pic, and your style is a thousand times more on point.  Look for the positives. :)

post #24519 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post



What i would do to have my shape prior to getting married and becoming a father.


I hear you.. I went from 165 to 210 at my heaviest, before diet and exercise brought me back to 170 where I seem to have settled out. Many years of living in hotels and eating shit food were mainly to blame..
post #24520 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFIVEZ View Post

I just love wearing RRL because it fits so well and looks so awesome...only problem is now that I have acquired a concealed carry here in NYC, RRL clothes sort of make it hard for me to do just that. fortunately, winter is here now so i wont have to worry about a sharp bulge for a few months.

i left my oversized denim and sweatshirts back in the nineties...anybody here have that same issue and have addressed it?

btw, i prefer not to hold anything with a barrel that is under 4" and i hate IWB holsters...so please don't suggest any of those two methods.

There were a couple of threads about concealed carry with SW&D wardrobes a while back:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/298005/covert-fashion-aka-fashionable-concealed-carry-menswear/
http://www.styleforum.net/t/265140/concealed-carry/

I'm not a gun guy so I haven't read through them, but there might be some tips in there.
post #24521 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post


I'm digging the suspenders. Kind of hard to tell, but how are they attached to your jeans?

 

 

 

TY.  They are LVC from 2 seasons ago.  The jeans are the 1922 RRL buckle backs which have suspender buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
 

 

On the upside, you look a little like Russell Crowe in the second pic, and your style is a thousand times more on point.  Look for the positives. :)

 

If you only knew how badly I dressed.  Lots of Gucci, & YSL mixed in with True Religion jeans.  Ill find a epic photo lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


I hear you.. I went from 165 to 210 at my heaviest, before diet and exercise brought me back to 170 where I seem to have settled out. Many years of living in hotels and eating shit food were mainly to blame..

 

 

I did the diet thing which got me down to my current 215-220 but thats where iv settled.  What I thought to be lucky with working from home turned out to be a free run at my fridge at any time :)

post #24522 of 27166
Love it Bobbo!

What exactly is the brand and color of the pants?

Perfecto.

pete
post #24523 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooly View Post


Own them - love them - highly recommend them...

Definitely my favorite pair of cords in a long while. I shopped around for a bunch of high priced cords and liked the color and fit of these the best.

Warning - they bleed over everything ... Crocked my belts and the inside of my new khaki ranch hand jacket blue - the bleeding is just starting to subside ... But the color is killer. Will have to wash them soon - first time after like 20 wears - hoping for the best.

So how about the size? I am in office rigid chino size 30, but I notice the indigo cords is slim fit, should I take 30 or 31?

post #24524 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post

Love it Bobbo!

What exactly is the brand and color of the pants?

Perfecto.

pete
Thanks Pete.
Which ones? Every pair of pants I have posted are likely RRL.
post #24525 of 27166
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFIVEZ View Post

I just love wearing RRL because it fits so well and looks so awesome...only problem is now that I have acquired a concealed carry here in NYC, RRL clothes sort of make it hard for me to do just that. fortunately, winter is here now so i wont have to worry about a sharp bulge for a few months.

i left my oversized denim and sweatshirts back in the nineties...anybody here have that same issue and have addressed it?

btw, i prefer not to hold anything with a barrel that is under 4" and i hate IWB holsters...so please don't suggest any of those two methods.

 

i guess you work in some type of protection/law enforcement? a bit OT but i heard NYC CC was impossible to get for regular civilians

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread