How much of a difference btwn the Narrow slim fits and Slim fit denims?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 6:02 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1632post #24467 of 2792711/10/15 at 4:56pmjust took a trip down to soho. I could seriously live in the west Broadway store. salesmen were super nice and there was a Japanese magazine for sale there that had a rrl editorial featuring the guys who worked at the store. pretty rad. one of the guys told me they have about 40% more merch at the store that's not available online. I presume that doesn't include all the vintage rolexes and all the silver/turquoise jewelry they sell. tons of bandanas in all colors and patterns. also some rigid officer chinos in navy with a jaspe waistband I was eyeballing. walked away with some accessories but now regretting I didn't blow a weeks pay on workshirts and sweaterspost #24468 of 2792711/10/15 at 6:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by dukarelli
just took a trip down to soho. I could seriously live in the west Broadway store. salesmen were super nice and there was a Japanese magazine for sale there that had a rrl editorial featuring the guys who worked at the store. pretty rad. one of the guys told me they have about 40% more merch at the store that's not available online. I presume that doesn't include all the vintage rolexes and all the silver/turquoise jewelry they sell. tons of bandanas in all colors and patterns. also some rigid officer chinos in navy with a jaspe waistband I was eyeballing. walked away with some accessories but now regretting I didn't blow a weeks pay on workshirts and sweaters
West Broadway is by far one of my favorite stores to walk into. My wife who isnt much of an RRL fan gave in when she entered that back room with the leather couches. Everything about it makes you want to buy something. To bad I live in Phoenix now :(post #24469 of 2792711/10/15 at 10:29pmpost #24470 of 2792711/11/15 at 10:39ampost #24471 of 2792711/11/15 at 12:41pmpost #24472 of 2792711/11/15 at 12:54pmQuote:
Thank you! They weren't stiff but were def raw. Because they have a lightweight cotton backing it allowed the denim creases to set and allow for some nice fades.post #24473 of 2792711/11/15 at 2:28pm
My limited success with the recent 40% coupon. I should have grabbed more to up my batting average. As it stood, I only kept two things. Reviews and commentary for those that might be interested...
90% sure I will keep these. I've been eyeing them forever, finally took a shot. They're brighter than this in person. I like the detail and the stacked sole. Solid, with a nice grain and texture to the leather you can't see in the picture.
Knew I wanted this after trying it on in-store. Was just waiting for a sale. Great shirt. Recommended. Color is pretty true to the picture, maybe a little brighter.
Too thick. Like cardboard. Color is great, though. I liked the buckle-back. Would have been a massive tailoring reconstruction. As usual, I had to get a 32 for thigh opening and the waist would have had to come in like 2.5". And the seat, too. I really like the idea of owning a pair of these for a long time and breaking them in- too much work, though.
I really wanted to like this. Color and fade is true to picture. It is so, so soft. I almost kept it just for around-the-house comfort if the fit wasn't so odd. I found it billowy in the midsection and oddly long.
Also really wanted to like these. I found them to be flimsy and too thin, as well as sized confusingly. With RRL denim, I always get a 31 and 32 hoping one will work. In this case, the 31 had sausage thighs but almost fit in the waist and the 32 had a top block like a garbage bag and still almost too tight in the thighs. I've had very limited luck finding denim that fits and when I get close, I still have to tailor it. I'll keep trying because I am stubborn. I might even try the slims instead of going straight or low straight, just to see if the cut would work after tailoring the waist.
Cancelled! I wanted these badly. Something I wouldn't normally try, took a risk and had high hopes. Site says there are still some in stock so I'm going to call and see what's up.post #24474 of 2792711/11/15 at 3:01pmpost #24475 of 2792711/11/15 at 3:33pm@oynag: Unfortunately I missed out on the 40% off promo code. I have a pair of the Low Straight Dark Wash/Stillwater Denim jeans. I like wash and the lighter weight. Low straights fit me great although they can be roomy in the seat area after wearing them a while, due to my flat rear. They rebound back after washing and light dryer setting. Maybe there won't be much diaper a** with the lower rise in the slims?post #24476 of 2792711/11/15 at 4:05pmSome cheap RRL low straight
no one has raw for cheap though (my 5yr old once wash is close to have a hole near crotch...)
Bought this one (as dark as it gets)
by the way slightly off topic, if I want to "upgrade" from RRL, what are my other options, I would prefer something fits similar to low straight with perhaps slightly higher rise and more tapper leg opening. Does Big John from NMWA fit the bill?post #24477 of 2792711/11/15 at 5:25pmQuestion fellas: I purchased this indigo shirt below and it's a tad big, if I cold soaked and air dried could that do the trick without compromising the shirt?
http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=67070386&cp=11588650.12138271post #24478 of 2792711/11/15 at 6:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by kbrenns
Question fellas: I purchased this indigo shirt below and it's a tad big, if I cold soaked and air dried could that do the trick without compromising the shirt?
most likely not, i'd try to go for an exchangepost #24479 of 2792711/11/15 at 6:50pmpost #24480 of 2792711/11/15 at 7:23pmQuote:
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Cigars 18 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Yoshida PORTER Paramount Packer HIGH-END Backpack 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 29 minutes ago
- › Tom Bihn AERONAUT 45 NEW via Europe! 30 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway