or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1377

post #20641 of 22060
^ and back in 1993 with only Ralph around, you would have been right

how's your PalmPilot holding up? I like my iPhone instead, just me
post #20642 of 22060

Are you done? Can you go post in the Jcrew thread about your cool new chambray? Maybe you can start a thread called "custom-built-workwear" or something and try to get 1000+ pages on it and find like minded individuals who hate capitalism and overpriced Chinese crap? Seems like a waste of time hanging out in here, the RRL thread, hating on RRL and trying to convert others.

post #20643 of 22060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

RRL came out in 1993 (probably before you were even born.) Polo Country even earlier than that which recaptured vintage clothing and selvedge denim long before Mister Freedom, LVC and Rising Sun came along LOL. Wallace and Barnes isn't even a real label and has no B&M stores like RRL. Freewheelers stole their ideas from Big John which bought up old Levi's and tailored them to fit the Japanese market before making their own denims in the 80s and 90s.


Wow getting all your crap custom-made for you.. so nxtlvl hipster. RRL has been offering Wabash Stifel fabrics for years, where have you been? Probably stealing RRL catalogs so you can knock-off your own pieces (sounds like you are somehow involved in counterfeits.) Now I can see why that catalog is for internal use only. Better check your facts, fool. Or better yet don't even bother addressing me anymore because you are not even worth my time.

please buy yourself a clue...PLEASE

http://www.styleforum.net/t/290341/bespoke-with-als-attire-in-san-francisco/30#post_6443998
post #20644 of 22060

Nobody cares about Al's Clothing in SF...  Seriously, do you even own anything RL makes that you didn't thrift or buy used on eBay? Trololololol.

 

Nice review, btw.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Glad it worked out for you. Unfortunately, despite taking lots of pictures, and actually leaving a jacket as a model, the end result was not as I hoped. Attempts to correct the jacket were unsuccessful.

I would consider Al's for shoes or a casual jacket.
post #20645 of 22060
you imbecile, I own HUNDREDS of pieces of RRL but as the years have gone by, so many of them are becoming REPEATS or simple derivatives of one another (oh my, another wabash vest, with different pockets! RRL_Clothing must have it!)

nobody has done Brown Wabash so I sourced it myself and it's awesome and one of a kind

nobody had real authentic old fashioned wide herringbone tweed except for London Lounge who commissioned it as a small run in Scotland, so I got that and am having a pea coat made that fits better than any RRL standard size jacket!

having a tailor like Al's Attire around who can make anything you ask is like sartorial nirvana and he makes stuff for many of the Japanese repro companies with their brands on it. It's like having the RRL production dept making stuff I give them.

I source my own unique fabrics, keep the details I like, remove the costumey stuff RRL tends to put on their to goose the MSRP price and end up with something A LOT MORE WEARABLE IN 2014 rather than 1925

THINK

p.s. btw, who is Al's Attire? learn something
post #20646 of 22060

come on guys in the end its all just stuff :decisions:

post #20647 of 22060

Yawn.

 

I believe this was commented upon earlier, but I cannot find it on any search.

 

Anyone buy the Ltd Edition Straight Leg loomstate and care to comment on how they washed it -- and what the results were?

post #20648 of 22060
RRL_Clothing, you are a complete nut job

OH! the I-R-O-N-Y in your going to outlets to resell RRL on eBay and then telling this board we can't afford RRL

LOL

smack.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Couldn't give a shit about your cheap Filipino atelier or cheap fabrics. All I hear is "I can't afford RRL so I have some local goober knock off the clothing I love at a fraction of the price." Hilarious. You have no business posting in here or trying to teach anybody anything.

Should have known better than to argue with a commie that lives near the Mission district. Aren't you clowns the ones who tried to boycott Jack Spade from opening a store because they could ''gentrify'' the area from a bunch of hippies who themselves gentrified that area over the last few decades? It's no wonder SF is such a crazy and perverse place. Bunch of hypocrites!

Edited by NorCal_1 - 6/20/14 at 1:04pm
post #20649 of 22060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Couldn't give a shit about your cheap Filipino atelier or cheap fabrics. All I hear is "I can't afford RRL so I have some local goober knock off the clothing I love at a fraction of the price." Hilarious. You have no business posting in here or trying to teach anybody anything.

Should have known better than to argue with a commie that lives near the Mission district. Aren't you clowns the ones who tried to boycott Jack Spade from opening a store because they could ''gentrify'' the area from a bunch of hippies who themselves gentrified that area over the last few decades? It's no wonder SF is such a crazy and perverse place. Bunch of hypocrites!


and when Ralph decides next spring that his new theme is Haight Ashbury Bohemian, I'm sure you'll be first in line

or The Village People

whatever Ralph sends from on high, you'll buy

PAVLOV'S DOG of FASHION
post #20650 of 22060

I didn't say the board can't afford RRL, I said YOU can't afford RRL that's why you have to settle for Jcrew and custom made knock-offs. You remind me of when I was arguing with some guy on here a few months back about comparing RRL to what you'd find at the Army Surplus Store, stop looking at RRL from a utilitarian perspective and get a clue about fashion. I should REALLY stop feeding the trolls .

 

Last time I checked Icons never make it to outlets and never go on sale and generally speaking less than 1% of RRL makes it to outlet, so you are wrong, again. I don't see what business has to do with what I buy personally. It's like saying if I own a Toyota dealership, I can't buy a Porsche. I sell many RRL items I buy cheaply because it is profitable, but also buy myself many, many RL/RRL items at full MSRP because I actually love and support the brand and know well the items I buy will never make it to outlets.


Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 6/20/14 at 1:15pm
post #20651 of 22060

I like RRL's aesthetic and some of the garments have nice fabrics, but in general I feel as though the fabrics aren't anything special.  Their knits this AW were largely very disappointing in terms of the fabrics.  Must have tried almost ten different sweaters and only two were nice based on the fabric and the fits were all over place.  Even my varsity jacket (the AW13 version with the black cat), which I love, doesn't feel that great.  Really get the feeling that you're simply paying for the name with RRL more than anything else.

 

Have to mention though that the tweed bag I tried from AW13 was nice.  Perhaps the accessories are of nicer quality.

post #20652 of 22060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I didn't say the board can't afford RRL, I said YOU can't afford RRL that's why you have to settle for Jcrew and custom made knock-offs.

Last time I checked Icons never make it to outlets and never go on sale and generally speaking less than 1% of RRL makes it to outlet, so you are wrong, again.

I can't afford RRL? LOL!

I won't even dignify that with an answer

the reason I bought the W&C shirt was because RRL hasn't offered anything in that color, in that weight for the past 10 yrs

it's unique, it works with all my other RRL stuff just like Mister Freedom items I own do or Freewheelers or Risging Sun or the stuff I have Al's Attire make for me

DUH!!!!!

imagine, W&B sourced a better and different fabric than RRL! IMAGINE!!!?? OMG! my brain exploded

QUESTION: who would Ralph Lauren himself rather meet - me in my brown wabash vest that he's never offered and London Lounge tweed pea coat or you dressed head to toe only in what he sells you like a brainless mannequin?

YOU ARE A BORE

p.s. RRL's design team has visited Al's for ideas - go figure!
post #20653 of 22060
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_1 View Post


I can't afford RRL? LOL!

I won't even dignify that with an answer

the reason I bought the W&C shirt was because RRL hasn't offered anything in that color, in that weight for the past 10 yrs

it's unique, it works with all my other RL tuff just like Mister Freedom does or Freewheelers or Rsiging Sun or the stuff I have Al's Attire make for me

DUH!!!!!

imagine, W&B sourced a better and different fabric than RRL! IMAGINE!!!?? OMG

who would Ralph Lauren himself rather meet - me in my brown wabash vest that he's never offered and Lond Lounge tweed pea coat or you dressed head to toe only in what he sells you?

YOU ARE A BORE

 

You sound hysterical man. Give it a rest you are coming across as a complete SAP. I am pretty sure he would rather meet someone who wears his clothing than some delusional grungy hipster who thinks he's on the cutting edge of fashion.

 

Come back next time you find something 80% off to brag about from Jcrew, I'm sure we all would love to hear about it and I'm sure your $35 brown chambray will compliment that rare and exclusive "brown wabash" vest very well... which by the way, RRL made a brown Wabash vest, and matching sportcoat around 2008ish, so your ignorance is truly astonishing. I thought you were joking at first but now see you are just crazy. I don't expect you to know that since you probably just discovered RRL a few seasons ago.

 

Quote:
p.s. RRL's design team has visited Al's for ideas - go figure!

Bullshit. Nobody from RRL's "design team" will visit a no-name rinky dinky shop in the middle of the Misson for "ideas" on a billion dollar label. I can see you will say just about anything at this point.


Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 6/20/14 at 3:25pm
post #20654 of 22060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

You sound hysterical man. Give it a rest you are coming across as a complete SAP. I am pretty sure he would rather meet someone who wears his clothing than some delusional grungy hipster who thinks he's on the cutting edge of fashion.

Come back next time you find something 75% off to brag about from Jcrew, I'm sure we all would love to hear about it and I'm sure your $35 brown chambray will compliment that rare and exclusive "brown wabash" vest very well... which by the way, RRL made a brown Wabash in the past, so your ignorance is astonishing.


you are like a drug addict who resells drugs to other druggies to afford his habit then criticizes the other druggies for buying from him

make sure to go hit the RL outlets this weekend to resell on eBay, because that's what everybody who can 'afford' RRL does I'm sure, right? RIGHT???
post #20655 of 22060
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_1 View Post


you are like a drug addict who resells drugs to other druggies to afford his habit then criticizes the other druggies for buying from him

make sure to go hit the RL outlets this weekend to resell on eBay, because that's what everybody who can 'afford' RRL does I'm sure, right? RIGHT???

I'm pretty sure you are the only drug addict here, judging from your incomprehensible asinine posts.

 

 

No.. they clearly buy from Jcrew at 80% off and talk about their Filipino tailor nonstop.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread