or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1350

post #20236 of 23142

If your inseam is 28 or 29, I would probably get them hemmed at about 31 or 31.5 just in case they shrink a bit after initial wash.

 

and roll em up.

post #20237 of 23142
@randomnoob shove the excess into your ass; that's good for 2-3 inches. less if youre full of shit, naturally
post #20238 of 23142

Roll them all the way up.

 

 

to your balls.

post #20239 of 23142
snork[1].gif
post #20240 of 23142
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

@randomnoob shove the excess into your ass; that's good for 2-3 inches. less if youre full of shit, naturally

 

have successfully attained six full inches over here... just putting it out there, in case others are questioning what is possible

post #20241 of 23142

so dont kno if this has already been discussed yet (apparently it has lol but watever), but just got back from a rrl store in nyc, and the low straight once washed got an(other) update to , still cone mill denim, no more japanese (as you can see on the website however, after talkin to a sales rep on the phone, you can see the update in the two different size runs) .. also noticed on the newer models the waist is much more TTS than ive ever felt on RRL .. im a 30x30 usually, so last week i got my rigid slims in the mail (which were japanese still) got them in a 29x30 but even though i could get the waist buttoned and i know theyll stretch, the thigh was just too tight and my tshirt was just kinda hanging over the jean rather than sittin nicely on it (hate that) ... i was wondering what the consensus is on the japanese vs cone mills for the low straight once washed ...  the cone denim had a much more indigo/blue color to it .. quality wise i couldnt really tell a difference, they didnt feel any thinner or less quality .. most people would probably choose japanese just for the sake of it, but i would love to do like a blind test lol .. but anyway i still havent made up my mind if i want to go with the japenese or the cone, but i dont have long to decide as the japanese are going fast ... 


Edited by SpiKedPSU - 5/6/14 at 3:42pm
post #20242 of 23142

After receiving new stock I would say both the Cone and the Japan denim are high quality but stay away from Rinsed/ Once Washed and just stick with the Rigids.

 

Once washed runs 1" smaller than Rigid because it has been washed and preshrunk 3-5% but they will also stretch out more after a few wears.


Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 5/6/14 at 6:47pm
post #20243 of 23142
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29430286

XS, M, XL have lower pricing

Wonder if this is worth it. Striped sweaters don't seem to be "in" but I ordered it nonetheless to see what it's like for myself. I guess I'll have it by the end of this week, but can anyone who owns this sweater comment on the "indigo dyed" part? and can you post some pics?

post #20244 of 23142
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post
 

After receiving new stock I would say both the Cone and the Japan denim are high quality but stay away from Rinsed/ Once Washed and just stick with the Rigids.

 

Once washed runs 1" smaller than Rigid because it has been washed and preshrunk 3-5% but they will also stretch out more after a few wears.

thanks for the reply ... the reason i was leaning towards once washed , i just got a pair of nudie thin jim dry selvadge rigids and didnt want 2 pairs that were so similar, im just gonna make a choice and go with it .. ive been like obsessing for the last like 3 days lol .. ugh i wish they would just open a rrl in philly

post #20245 of 23142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiKedPSU View Post
 

thanks for the reply ... the reason i was leaning towards once washed , i just got a pair of nudie thin jim dry selvadge rigids and didnt want 2 pairs that were so similar, im just gonna make a choice and go with it .. ive been like obsessing for the last like 3 days lol .. ugh i wish they would just open a rrl in philly

Me too...our store in center city is so small. Ideally I wish they would add an RRL section upstairs where the women's clothing is (I've NEVER seen anyone go up to the women's section), or I wouldn't mind if it was in KoP. 

post #20246 of 23142

Does anyone have experience with the new clifton boot? I ordered a 9.5 and a 10. Both are extremely stiff and the 10 seems to come off my heel slightly when I walk but the 9.5 feels too tight around the top of my foot. Will these break in and stretch enough to where the 9.5 will feel more comfortable?

post #20247 of 23142
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post
 

Me too...our store in center city is so small. Ideally I wish they would add an RRL section upstairs where the women's clothing is (I've NEVER seen anyone go up to the women's section), or I wouldn't mind if it was in KoP. 


TOTALLY agree with you about adding an RRL store in KOP (or at least carry RRL in the  ralph lauren store there) ... KOP is basically made for a store like that .... if they would of built a Ruehl at KOP i think theyd still be in business (even though their stuff was only really good for like the 1st 2 years, point remains) i dunno KOP gets neglected so much

post #20248 of 23142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderplyr View Post
 

Does anyone have experience with the new clifton boot? I ordered a 9.5 and a 10. Both are extremely stiff and the 10 seems to come off my heel slightly when I walk but the 9.5 feels too tight around the top of my foot. Will these break in and stretch enough to where the 9.5 will feel more comfortable?

 

I just got a pair of the new clifton boots myself.  You are right in that they are pretty damn stiff.  I have had boots that were similarly stiff in the past though, and i'd say given your experience with the fit you may be better off with the 10.  After breaking in your heel slippage will most likely decrease as that is somewhat caused by the stiffness of the leather and the boot not 'bending' at the ball of your foot in a manner similar to your pattern of walking.

 

This to me would be preferable to hoping the boot would stretch enough in the front box in order to provide more room.  I have had a couple pairs of boots over time that have fit too tight in the front and I've held on to hoping they would stretch out, but they never have enough to my full liking.  Although that may be due to the fact that I find them uncomfortable in the first place and as a result have a hard time wearing them to the point where such a stretch would occur.

 

Perhaps others that have owned the clifton's for a more extended period of time can chime in, I do believe there was a user a little while back that was posting nice 'used' pictures of them.

post #20249 of 23142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiKedPSU View Post


TOTALLY agree with you about adding an RRL store in KOP (or at least carry RRL in the  ralph lauren store there) ... KOP is basically made for a store like that .... if they would of built a Ruehl at KOP i think theyd still be in business (even though their stuff was only really good for like the 1st 2 years, point remains) i dunno KOP gets neglected so much

Sales associate at kop said that ralph lauren is transitioning away from rrl and that soon the only "high end denim" will be black label. Lol
post #20250 of 23142
Picked up the selvedge RRL Type 2 denim jacket when it went on sale last week for 100 and some bucks. The fit is ridiculously short, so back it goes. Or... anyone want a size Large for a the cut-rate price?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread