or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1332

post #19966 of 21296
Nice man, been wearing that baja here too since the weather warmed up a little. It gets a lot of compliments smile.gif
post #19967 of 21296

The apron is for a painter, it's part of the artist collection...and as a painter...I love it :)

post #19968 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post
 

The apron is for a painter, it's part of the artist collection...and as a painter...I love it :)


I groom dogs, we are supposed to wear aprons which I dont, lol but I like this one.

post #19969 of 21296
I visited RRL Paris today and had a blast. No other brand creates a shop atmosphere like that. Four days of visiting this city's best shopping neighborhoods and there is nothing as good or creative or interesting as the RL mansion.

This season's RRL collections and icon stuff are the usual balanced ratios for me - 40% staples that I already own in good colors, 20% brave failures, 20% hideous or just poorly made stuff, and then 20% really nice things with surprising details and restraint. Selvedge is in short supply - in fact I didn't see a line on anything besides the jeans and some chinos, that striped black type 1 jacket, and another short waisted work jacket in the same dark indigo twill that's on offer as a pair of officer chinos. The leather goods are beautiful designs but the hides just don't feel like magic to me.

Oh yeah and side note: fuck Marches aux Puces... the prices are stupid and the merchandise is ridicule. The world's least friendly french guy has a cool little nook full of turn of the century French indigo stuff though - bandanas and bleu de travaille and... again with the stupid prices. Nice to see and feel some of the inspiration for Mister Freedom's calico shirts.
post #19970 of 21296
^ any pics
post #19971 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdivide View Post
The leather goods are beautiful designs but the hides just don't feel like magic to me.

 

It seems like several of us have come away with the same opinion.  I sent my Mendoza back for the same reason - even after 65% off with the crazy discount code.  Beautiful styling and design - exceptionally poor quality leather.

post #19972 of 21296
I dunno about aprons... I guess I must be boring, with RRL i stick with basics, which consist of sweaters, denim, chinos, tees/henleys, flannels/oxfords, and maybe some outerwear. None of these items have ever been low quality for me.
post #19973 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post

It seems like several of us have come away with the same opinion.  I sent my Mendoza back for the same reason - even after 65% off with the crazy discount code.  Beautiful styling and design - exceptionally poor quality leather.
could it be because its a spring/summer item?
post #19974 of 21296
I didn't see anything that isn't on the website.
post #19975 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post
 

The apron is for a painter, it's part of the artist collection...and as a painter...I love it :)


Every painter I've ever known wears an apron :smarmy::rotflmao:

 

post #19976 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhibitA View Post
 


Every painter I've ever known wears an apron :smarmy::rotflmao:

 

$400 ones?  :lurk:

post #19977 of 21296
it'll be interesting seeing this apron hanging in store next to everything else.
post #19978 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez nuts View Post

it'll be interesting seeing this apron hanging in store next to everything else.

got a feeling it will make it deep into the sale...the poncho idk

post #19979 of 21296
I was able to add 19 aprons to my cart before It started complaining about quantity not available.
post #19980 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I was able to add 19 aprons to my cart before It started complaining about quantity not available.

 

Isn't there a limit per customer?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread