Size down one full size on the waist because it stretches with wear? Or does it shrink when washed?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1306post #19576 of 233913/22/14 at 10:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19577 of 233913/22/14 at 11:16amQuote:
can't say.. had my pair for 3 months, never washed. waist is a bit bigger than expect, thigh's are perfect. thigh area pretty form fitting. if i purchased them again i'd get the same size. i wear these paints pretty regularly around the house.post #19578 of 233913/22/14 at 1:07pmpost #19579 of 233913/22/14 at 3:03pmpost #19580 of 233913/22/14 at 3:04pmpost #19581 of 233913/22/14 at 3:59pmI have a pair of the slate blues. Think they was advertised on the site as being quite heavyweight - like 15/16oz or something - definitely doesn't seem that heavy. They are really nice but, although slim fit, I had to have them tapered and the waist taken in slightly - they were a looser fit than my regular slims.post #19582 of 233913/22/14 at 8:04pmQuote:
Thanks, this is helpful. I bought a pair in my normal waist size and also found it to be slightly bigger than normal in the waist but good in the thighs. Glad to hear that after 3 months wear yours has not stretched. My experience with selvedge denim is to usually choose a waist size that is borderline too tight because it will stretch with wear.post #19583 of 233913/23/14 at 12:34ampost #19584 of 233913/23/14 at 12:45ampost #19585 of 233913/23/14 at 1:19ami went TTS on those and it's really tight, plus my huge calf always get in the way while wearing them. however, i have to say tho RRL jeans is probably one of the best out there.
I am thinking pick up a slim straight or size up on those and see if it will fit better....
@namor, I thought you said a while ago that you sold off your slim fit because you didn't like the fit?post #19586 of 233913/23/14 at 1:41amlol i did sell my first pair and then bought another in tts. when i purchased my first pair, RRL attendant told me to suck it up and size down to (33) which i did but they never stretched much in the thigh and leg so it was uncomfortable still after a few months of wear. then tried my luck with tts and fits like a dream. waist slightly big but nothing a belt doesnt remedypost #19587 of 233913/23/14 at 2:59amQuote:
My experience, a tag 34 is 36" IRL, a tag 33 is 35", huge seat on top. Then they stretch 1" minimum, likely 1.5". There is a dedicated thread some place here.
Size down 2-3 sizes from your real waist measurement, if yours is 34, get a tag 31, etc.post #19588 of 233913/23/14 at 5:04ampost #19589 of 233913/23/14 at 5:08ampost #19590 of 233913/23/14 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
I have a pair of the slate blues. Think they was advertised on the site as being quite heavyweight - like 15/16oz or something - definitely doesn't seem that heavy. They are really nice but, although slim fit, I had to have them tapered and the waist taken in slightly - they were a looser fit than my regular slims.
I have these as well. Couple things:
- They are definitely NOT 15oz+ - I would say more like 13.5 if that.
- The fabric is great, though a little more grainy vs slubby. But I like that
- The fit, as others have mentioned, runs a little large. I decided to size TTS (which in RRL is like sizing up most of the time) and had the waist taken in about 1". Now they are 98% perfect. I'm happy with that decision since I'm tall and the low rise meant it gave me extra room
- The color looks great on its own, but is challenging to pair. I haven't quite figured out what to wear it with yet. Most of my standard blue oxfords clash with it, and plaids are even harder. I've been going with basic greys, which is fine, but kind of boring. Curious what other people have done here.
- The Official RRL Thread
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 54 seconds ago
- › Tips On Beauty And Makeup During The Period Of Summer 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - VOTE NOW 9 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 21 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan