Size down one full size on the waist because it stretches with wear? Or does it shrink when washed?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1306
Styleforum Top Picks
can't say.. had my pair for 3 months, never washed. waist is a bit bigger than expect, thigh's are perfect. thigh area pretty form fitting. if i purchased them again i'd get the same size. i wear these paints pretty regularly around the house.
Thanks, this is helpful. I bought a pair in my normal waist size and also found it to be slightly bigger than normal in the waist but good in the thighs. Glad to hear that after 3 months wear yours has not stretched. My experience with selvedge denim is to usually choose a waist size that is borderline too tight because it will stretch with wear.
I am thinking pick up a slim straight or size up on those and see if it will fit better....
@namor, I thought you said a while ago that you sold off your slim fit because you didn't like the fit?
My experience, a tag 34 is 36" IRL, a tag 33 is 35", huge seat on top. Then they stretch 1" minimum, likely 1.5". There is a dedicated thread some place here.
Size down 2-3 sizes from your real waist measurement, if yours is 34, get a tag 31, etc.
I have a pair of the slate blues. Think they was advertised on the site as being quite heavyweight - like 15/16oz or something - definitely doesn't seem that heavy. They are really nice but, although slim fit, I had to have them tapered and the waist taken in slightly - they were a looser fit than my regular slims.
I have these as well. Couple things:
- They are definitely NOT 15oz+ - I would say more like 13.5 if that.
- The fabric is great, though a little more grainy vs slubby. But I like that
- The fit, as others have mentioned, runs a little large. I decided to size TTS (which in RRL is like sizing up most of the time) and had the waist taken in about 1". Now they are 98% perfect. I'm happy with that decision since I'm tall and the low rise meant it gave me extra room
- The color looks great on its own, but is challenging to pair. I haven't quite figured out what to wear it with yet. Most of my standard blue oxfords clash with it, and plaids are even harder. I've been going with basic greys, which is fine, but kind of boring. Curious what other people have done here.
- The Official RRL Thread
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 51 seconds ago
- › Price of socks 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. Alaska Boots (size 42 but more like 41.5) 2 minutes ago
- › wtb; omega railmaster 36 size 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green for RLPL - Oundle - 9.5D 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...