Size down one full size on the waist because it stretches with wear? Or does it shrink when washed?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 7:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1306post #19576 of 276423/22/14 at 10:41ampost #19577 of 276423/22/14 at 11:16amQuote:
can't say.. had my pair for 3 months, never washed. waist is a bit bigger than expect, thigh's are perfect. thigh area pretty form fitting. if i purchased them again i'd get the same size. i wear these paints pretty regularly around the house.post #19578 of 276423/22/14 at 1:07pmpost #19579 of 276423/22/14 at 3:03pmpost #19580 of 276423/22/14 at 3:04pmpost #19581 of 276423/22/14 at 3:59pmI have a pair of the slate blues. Think they was advertised on the site as being quite heavyweight - like 15/16oz or something - definitely doesn't seem that heavy. They are really nice but, although slim fit, I had to have them tapered and the waist taken in slightly - they were a looser fit than my regular slims.post #19582 of 276423/22/14 at 8:04pmQuote:
Thanks, this is helpful. I bought a pair in my normal waist size and also found it to be slightly bigger than normal in the waist but good in the thighs. Glad to hear that after 3 months wear yours has not stretched. My experience with selvedge denim is to usually choose a waist size that is borderline too tight because it will stretch with wear.post #19583 of 276423/23/14 at 12:34ampost #19584 of 276423/23/14 at 12:45ampost #19585 of 276423/23/14 at 1:19ami went TTS on those and it's really tight, plus my huge calf always get in the way while wearing them. however, i have to say tho RRL jeans is probably one of the best out there.
I am thinking pick up a slim straight or size up on those and see if it will fit better....
@namor, I thought you said a while ago that you sold off your slim fit because you didn't like the fit?post #19586 of 276423/23/14 at 1:41amlol i did sell my first pair and then bought another in tts. when i purchased my first pair, RRL attendant told me to suck it up and size down to (33) which i did but they never stretched much in the thigh and leg so it was uncomfortable still after a few months of wear. then tried my luck with tts and fits like a dream. waist slightly big but nothing a belt doesnt remedypost #19587 of 276423/23/14 at 2:59amQuote:
My experience, a tag 34 is 36" IRL, a tag 33 is 35", huge seat on top. Then they stretch 1" minimum, likely 1.5". There is a dedicated thread some place here.
Size down 2-3 sizes from your real waist measurement, if yours is 34, get a tag 31, etc.post #19588 of 276423/23/14 at 5:04ampost #19589 of 276423/23/14 at 5:08ampost #19590 of 276423/23/14 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
I have a pair of the slate blues. Think they was advertised on the site as being quite heavyweight - like 15/16oz or something - definitely doesn't seem that heavy. They are really nice but, although slim fit, I had to have them tapered and the waist taken in slightly - they were a looser fit than my regular slims.
I have these as well. Couple things:
- They are definitely NOT 15oz+ - I would say more like 13.5 if that.
- The fabric is great, though a little more grainy vs slubby. But I like that
- The fit, as others have mentioned, runs a little large. I decided to size TTS (which in RRL is like sizing up most of the time) and had the waist taken in about 1". Now they are 98% perfect. I'm happy with that decision since I'm tall and the low rise meant it gave me extra room
- The color looks great on its own, but is challenging to pair. I haven't quite figured out what to wear it with yet. Most of my standard blue oxfords clash with it, and plaids are even harder. I've been going with basic greys, which is fine, but kind of boring. Curious what other people have done here.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 49 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 56 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...