or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1290

post #19336 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post


Yeah, this type of biker.



Can't imagine many actual bikers buying $1,200 luxury leather slim fit pants from Ralph Lauren.
post #19337 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez nuts View Post

Not my steez but here u go



Is the RRL version of this shoe any better than Vans or Keds? I've gone through so many pairs of this type of shoe because my wide feet always end up tearing through the side.
post #19338 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

Is the RRL version of this shoe any better than Vans or Keds? I've gone through so many pairs of this type of shoe because my wide feet always end up tearing through the side.

It's better bc it's RRL lol. That was also my first thought when I saw them, looks like a pair of Keds. The SA said it's selvedge and will change color with wear and sun, something to that extent.
post #19339 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post


Yeah, this type of biker.



Can't imagine many actual bikers buying $1,200 luxury leather slim fit pants from Ralph Lauren.

 

I dunno. I know some bikers who have spent a lot more than $1,200 on their leather stuff.

post #19340 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post


Is the RRL version of this shoe any better than Vans or Keds? I've gone through so many pairs of this type of shoe because my wide feet always end up tearing through the side.

Same here!

Shoes like this usually last me a couple months tops.

These do look cool though

post #19341 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post

I dunno. I know some bikers who have spent a lot more than $1,200 on their leather stuff.
Emphasis on slim fit from Ralph Lauren..
post #19342 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez nuts View Post

It's better bc it's RRL lol. That was also my first thought when I saw them, looks like a pair of Keds. The SA said it's selvedge and will change color with wear and sun, something to that extent.

Maybe selvedge adds durability. I'd be curious to know from someone who has owned RRL and Vans/Keds.

I had a pair of navy keds that turned into a light grey/light purple color wearing them in the summer and at the beach. I don't think that's anything special about them. That's just sun fading. Good salesmanship from that SA.
Edited by Kensington - 3/16/14 at 4:24pm
post #19343 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

Maybe selvedge adds durability. I'd be curious to know from someone who has owned RRL and Vans/Keds.

I had a pair of navy keds that turned into a light grey/light purple color wearing them in the summer and at the beach. I don't think that's anything special about them. That's just sun fading.
Selvedge is desirable for aesthetic qualities only. Just although a selvedge is cleaner and does not require an overlock stitch to prevent unraveling I've never seen denim unravel from the overlock edge.
post #19344 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


Selvedge is desirable for aesthetic qualities only. Just although a selvedge is cleaner and does not require an overlock stitch to prevent unraveling I've never seen denim unravel from the overlock edge.

Wouldn't selvedge theoretically prevent fraying compared to an overlock stitch?
post #19345 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

Wouldn't selvedge theoretically prevent fraying compared with an overlock stitch?

Theoretically yes, but I've never seen this actually happen. The fetishization of selvedge it's really only in denim. No one really uses selvedge getting high end suiting, for example.
post #19346 of 20961

Anyone have pics of broken-in indigo clyde trousers?

post #19347 of 20961
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwoodsman View Post

Anyone have pics of broken-in indigo clyde trousers?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/120192/the-official-rrl-thread/18795#post_6938917
post #19348 of 20961


Interestingly enough, I commented on how those would break in nicely right after that pic was posted. Looks like I need to pay closer attention. Thanks for the help - appreciate it!

post #19349 of 20961


All RRL for an event I attended last night. Her dress is also RRL.
post #19350 of 20961

Anybody have a pair of RRL flip flops in 8, 8.5, or 9 they would sell?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread