or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1265

post #18961 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post

In your guys' experience does rrl denim stretch in the waist over time?

I have 2 pair that I love the wash on but the waist is just a little tight. I've worn them probably 10-15 times each without any noticeable stretch.

Also, on slim fits I find it really hard to get my hands or anything else into the front pockets...is this normal or just me?

Debating whether to keep them or not.
Is there any way to speed the process along?

thanks!

 

I'm curious about this too. I have a pair of jeans that fit perfectly now but I'm afraid they're gonna shrink and be too small after I wash them.
post #18962 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post
 

In your guys' experience does rrl denim stretch in the waist over time?

 

I have 2 pair that I love the wash on but the waist is just a little tight. I've worn them probably 10-15 times each without any noticeable stretch.

 

Also, on slim fits I find it really hard to get my hands or anything else into the front pockets...is this normal or just me?

 

Debating whether to keep them or not.

Is there any way to speed the process along?

 

thanks!
 

 

They do stretch over time...I am usually a 32 and I size my RRL @ 31. as for the pocket thing...I have a hard time as well, so you aint the only one...lol

post #18963 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingBobby View Post
 

 

They do stretch over time...I am usually a 32 and I size my RRL @ 31. as for the pocket thing...I have a hard time as well, so you aint the only one...lol

 

haha good to know. thanks!
 

post #18964 of 20962
just went to RRL site and it appears to be down. The are asking for emails of people who want timely updates etc. There doesn't seem to be any work around. I wonder if its a site update. Odd you'd shut down on a weekend when id expect a lot more traffic. Anyone have any ideas?
post #18965 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandJG1 View Post

just went to RRL site and it appears to be down. The are asking for emails of people who want timely updates etc. There doesn't seem to be any work around. I wonder if its a site update. Odd you'd shut down on a weekend when id expect a lot more traffic. Anyone have any ideas?

 

try non-flash

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12145641&view=99&cp=11588650&ab=ln_men_cs2_seeall

post #18966 of 20962

great! sadly I have no idea how you did that but thanks.
post #18967 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandJG1 View Post

just went to RRL site and it appears to be down. The are asking for emails of people who want timely updates etc. There doesn't seem to be any work around. I wonder if its a site update. Odd you'd shut down on a weekend when id expect a lot more traffic. Anyone have any ideas?

Probably rolling out an update or new collection.
post #18968 of 20962
lets hope. anxious to see more.

unrelated i received my indigo banded collar shirt today. love the color and look. not so great its sorta short. ill not be tucking this into any low rise. Its one of those you love the look of and then you pull it into your collection and I'm a bit stumped at what to pair it with. And i think I'm coming to realize banded collars aren't fantastic on me. Not sure i can return it tho, uncommon piece and love the color and look. anyone pick this up and have any good pairing with it?

Someone recently mentioned going tan pants with the empire coat so i tried that with the field chinos and its great. Now I'm thinking i need to pick up the chalk denim for a nice pairing. Thoughts? any other ideas to rock with the empire coat? Was thinking thompson chino too.
post #18969 of 20962
drool.gif





post #18970 of 20962
Any way to prevent indigo from rubbing off on a shirt with a jacket like that? ^
post #18971 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandJG1 View Post

lets hope. anxious to see more.

unrelated i received my indigo banded collar shirt today. love the color and look. not so great its sorta short. ill not be tucking this into any low rise. Its one of those you love the look of and then you pull it into your collection and I'm a bit stumped at what to pair it with. And i think I'm coming to realize banded collars aren't fantastic on me. Not sure i can return it tho, uncommon piece and love the color and look. anyone pick this up and have any good pairing with it?

Someone recently mentioned going tan pants with the empire coat so i tried that with the field chinos and its great. Now I'm thinking i need to pick up the chalk denim for a nice pairing. Thoughts? any other ideas to rock with the empire coat? Was thinking thompson chino too.


IMO, I think the banded easily goes with alot of pants, especially the olive rigid jeans and any of the lighter colored jeans/pants as well.   You can do the same thing with Empire.

post #18972 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

drool.gif






Ive got the Dupre indigo sport coat incoming monday likely. anxious to see in person
post #18973 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2k1 View Post


IMO, I think the banded easily goes with alot of pants, especially the olive rigid jeans and any of the lighter colored jeans/pants as well.   You can do the same thing with Empire.

good thoughts, i guess I'm more wondering what jackets to pair it with, my current rotation of empire, allen, hamilton, whitney and the like aren't great choices
post #18974 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandJG1 View Post


good thoughts, i guess I'm more wondering what jackets to pair it with, my current rotation of empire, allen, hamilton, whitney and the like aren't great choices


I dont think so either. Too much going on IMO.  Something solid would do to show off the band and pattern.  For this year, something like the marcel work jacket (which Im trying out next week) may work well. Linen would be quite welcome given the spring weather coming up. 

post #18975 of 20962
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread