Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1208post #18106 of 239731/21/14 at 12:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18107 of 239731/21/14 at 12:45pmQuote:
I think that all my slim fits are slightly different sizes. For reference I own slim fit rigid bucklebacks, slim fit roper wash, slim fit slate blues, slim fit 1 wash and 2 pairs of regular slim fit rigid (yet to be properly broken in) and none are the same fit - there are slight differences throughout. They are all Japanese denim. They only ones I've had to alter are the roper wash and slate blues.post #18108 of 239731/21/14 at 12:47pmQuote:
Sweaters I got were all over the board. Different styles, but in some cases I doubt it's style specific. Well in the case of the hunting cardigan. Great sweater, especially considering the quality of a few of the others, but just ridiculously cut.post #18109 of 239731/21/14 at 12:59pmpost #18110 of 239731/21/14 at 1:12pmI'm home sick and bored so I figured this thread could use some more pics.
First is low straight rinsed in 31x32. Had these longer and I think I cold washed them thanks to dog essences.
Second pair is slim boot rinse in 32x32. Haven't worn them nearly as much but they seem to be breaking in faster. Hemmed them because they were dragging under my feet...not sure that was a good decision or not, probably because the only fit pics I can find are from Japanese dudes and those dudes can wear a +6 inseam and make it look good somehow. I do think I'm starting to prefer these over the low straights, though.
Boots are lucchese
Edited by grundletaint - 1/21/14 at 3:12pmpost #18111 of 239731/21/14 at 2:32pmpost #18112 of 239731/21/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
Wow...I never saw that. Definitely would have grabbed a couple if I saw them. I love it.post #18113 of 239731/21/14 at 4:04pmpost #18114 of 239731/21/14 at 4:08pmpost #18115 of 239731/21/14 at 4:49pmpost #18116 of 239731/21/14 at 4:49pmpost #18117 of 239731/21/14 at 5:03pmpost #18118 of 239731/21/14 at 6:03pmpost #18119 of 239731/21/14 at 6:05pmJust received my half zip merino wool sweater and tshirt I ordered from Ralph Lauren, as well as the watch cap I got from a guy on ebay, and a leather/canvas belt I got from a forum member. God damn its like Christmas for me today.
Like zissou mentioned a few pages back, the watch cap is quite thin but for me thats actually a real bonus. I have a few Klaxon Howl watch caps and they are quite heavy duty and are meant to be worn with a double fold so its nice to have a lighter weight option. It holds its shape really well.
I havene tried the tshirt yet but I am going to assume it will fit similar to my 93rd Division tshirt which felt too tight at first but loosened up to a perfect fit after an hour of wear.
The half zip sweater is the one thing I have been the most excited about since I first saw it. I love old motorcycle sweaters and this one has a very similar look. The wool is really nice and thick and the fit is spot on for me. The one downside I would say is that the collar isnt as tall as I had hoped so I cant really wear it flipped down but that could just be because its not broken in yet. All in all I would say I had a pretty damn good day.
Im still waiting on a few other RRL pieces I purchased over the past week like the Sanders will charcoal trench, a camo baseball hat, and the herringbone buffalo shirt jacket. I wish every week could be like this.post #18120 of 239731/21/14 at 8:34pmQuote:
Noticed this a few days ago.. He was wearing RRL throughout the whole movie, including a Serape workshirt and Fair Isle sweater.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Styleforum Meetup San Francisco September 17 Cafe Zoetrope 6:00PM 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Clothes and sexual attraction 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015