Thanks...I need my RRL Altered...ill look into the "Tailoring Room"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1166
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17477 of 2368212/24/13 at 6:03pmFigured since you guys are always so helpful I'd post a comparison of the Slim Fit Rigid. The red USA tag denim definitely feels heavier, stiffer, and higher quality. Keep in mind the red tags have been worn, while the black tags have not.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #17478 of 2368212/25/13 at 4:31ampost #17479 of 2368212/25/13 at 6:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Sym
Figured since you guys are always so helpful I'd post a comparison of the Slim Fit Rigid. The red USA tag denim definitely feels heavier, stiffer, and higher quality. Keep in mind the red tags have been worn, while the black tags have not.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I prefer the previous rigid denim. Nicer leather patch as well. New patch feels like cardboard. As far as I know the denim is virtually identical. Once you wear the other one a few times the starch will start to come off and make the denim feel hairier which can be perceived as thicker, higher quality denim.post #17480 of 2368212/25/13 at 10:59am
I must have been a bad husband this year... it looks like ill be buying my own RL oil cloth jacket...Probably for the better considering since i last posted the RL version I haven't stopped looking at the Belstaff trailmaster . I kinda dig that it has a few more bells & whistles like the buttons that poppost #17481 of 2368212/25/13 at 11:11amNew patch is definitely thicker leather, but I don't get a cardboard feel from it at all. Also it definitely is not just starch, the weave is different as well as being heavier. They both can have their purpose like summer and winter use, but to me the new denim is far superior, I would put it a few notches below Samurai. Also forgot to mention the fit is slightly different, the 2 different back tags I've tried on have been slightly looser on the waist and a lot looser on the thighs, which I know some people prefer.post #17482 of 2368212/25/13 at 11:12ampost #17483 of 2368212/25/13 at 12:56pmpost #17484 of 2368212/25/13 at 2:16pmpost #17485 of 2368212/25/13 at 2:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
I prefer the previous rigid denim. Nicer leather patch as well. New patch feels like cardboard. As far as I know the denim is virtually identical. Once you wear the other one a few times the starch will start to come off and make the denim feel hairier which can be perceived as thicker, higher quality denim.
Just noticed the RRL stitching in the coin pocket is not on every pair of denim...(My low straight raws)post #17486 of 2368212/25/13 at 3:22pmpost #17487 of 2368212/26/13 at 6:10ampost #17488 of 2368212/26/13 at 7:33amQuote:We usually do a Transition Spring group, Spring 1, Spring 2, Summer Basics, Transition Fall, Fall 1, Fall 2, Holiday... Then back to transition Spring.
That's the normal pattern for Ralph Lauren drops.post #17489 of 2368212/26/13 at 7:47am
- The Official RRL Thread
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 18 seconds ago
- › CHALLENGE: SW&D does "Traditional" DEADLINE JULY 12, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 9 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 10 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 12 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...