or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1136

post #17026 of 20949
RRL must release the Cord slim bootcut again, love the fit on these but mine are now retired. Last release was few years ago....don't know why they stop producing them.
post #17027 of 20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post
 

I didn't feel like shopping around and waiting for a shipment to come in so I bought in store to get something new for this season that looked rugged but was lightweight and comfortable, most of my other boots are too heavy/not breathable/clunky to wear year round in Miami.

 

The pictures don't do them justice they are a very cherry red color in real life and very thick, yet very soft leather and contrast triple stitching all around. I was surprised Timberlands offered something decent because most of their stuff sucks. The Earthkeepers collection isn't half bad.

 

These are basically a test run for me. If I like the style and don't get bored of them,  I'll buy these in a few months.

hey i actually been looking for a boot and i checked these http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4207926 out in a macys and they are lightweight the only thing is that i wish they made them in black..its weird cuz i know they have made them in black but i cant find them anywhere idky they stop making them in black...i think you should check them out...

8521-511466-p.jpg

post #17028 of 20949

Sorry, another stupid question guys.

On the inside of the back pockets of the slims I just bought there is like paper/felt material (you can easily rip it) in between where the stitches are (they fit perfectly between the stitch design). Some of it has fallen out, some is still there. What is this for? Is it supposed to be taken out?

 

Just curious.

First pic is looking inside the pocket. Second is just a pic of what the pieces I pulled out look like.

 

Thanks!

 

 


Edited by captainshields - 11/17/13 at 1:26pm
post #17029 of 20949

Never saw that before, Its production related I would believe. Are these new season ?

post #17030 of 20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
 

Never saw that before, Its production related I would believe. Are these new season ?

 

I don't think so. I bought them from an rrl reseller online. I'm guessing they are at least a season old.

 

They are my first pair of new rrl slims so I wasn't sure if this was something that was normal.

 

Should I just throw out the paper/felt stuff?

 

Here's a couple pics. If someone knew what season these were that would be cool too!

You can see the "twisted inseam" that is only on one leg here both in the front and back. I still think it's odd that's only on one leg.

 

 

post #17031 of 20949

Yep....

post #17032 of 20949
It's called interfacing or something like that.
It's some fusible stuff to give the fabric stiffness when they do the decorative stitching.
post #17033 of 20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

It's called interfacing or something like that.
It's some fusible stuff to give the fabric stiffness when they do the decorative stitching.

 

Thanks for the info!  weird...haha

 

So do other people have the twisted inseam on just one leg like these have? I've never seen it before. Sorry to keep bringing it up. These are the most expensive jeans I've bought and I just want to make sure the twisted inseam only being on one leg is normal or OK.

 

Thanks guys!
 

post #17034 of 20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post

Thanks for the info!  weird...haha

So do other people have the twisted inseam on just one leg like these have? I've never seen it before. Sorry to keep bringing it up. These are the most expensive jeans I've bought and I just want to make sure the twisted inseam only being on one leg is normal or OK.

Thanks guys!

 
Here is a picture of my slim fits that I've never washed. The right leg is much more skewed than the left. Please stop asking the same question over and over. Your jeans are fine.
post #17035 of 20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post


Here is a picture of my slim fits that I've never washed. The right leg is much more skewed than the left. Please stop asking the same question over and over. Your jeans are fine.
 

 

Thanks. Sorry for being annoying.

post #17036 of 20949

The reason they twist in one direction is because of the direction of the twill.

 

If you get Broken Twill jeans, it should eliminate the problem.. I think.

 

I've seen the paper inserts before on some jeans I've sold, they're supposed to remove it but sometimes forget. It has something to do with the embroidery machine.

post #17037 of 20949
Hi guys, would appreciate if anyone could tell me if a RRL XS shirt is equivalent to a custom fit PRL S? I can't seem to find a size guide for the XS anywhere. Thanks.
post #17038 of 20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post
 

The reason they twist in one direction is because of the direction of the twill.

 

If you get Broken Twill jeans, it should eliminate the problem.. I think.

 

I've seen the paper inserts before on some jeans I've sold, they're supposed to remove it but sometimes forget. It has something to do with the embroidery machine.

 

Thanks!!

post #17039 of 20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post

Hi guys, would appreciate if anyone could tell me if a RRL XS shirt is equivalent to a custom fit PRL S? I can't seem to find a size guide for the XS anywhere. Thanks.

it's close, but it's hit or miss, and tends to be smaller.
post #17040 of 20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post


it's close, but it's hit or miss, and tends to be smaller.


Thanks Saturdays.  How small when you say smaller?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread