or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1125

post #16861 of 20124
I just got the shaker wool cardigan. Incredibly warm and dense wool. The black looks better than they grey IMO. Year after year I check RRL for that style of sweater, and they continue to deliver. I'll probably post some pics this weekend. Given it is a winter piece, it is not included in the sale yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were included in a future one.

Also, I think one should probably size down in all of these RRL cardigans. I got a medium (first medium I have worn in several years)
post #16862 of 20124

Is Stu wearing RRL jeans in H3? If so, what model and wash? 

post #16863 of 20124

Has anyone gotten the Cone denim yet...Ordered a pair advertised as Japanese fabric but are marked US Fabric (Cone)..... Y'all end up keeping them ?

Long time RRL fan and not sure I am happy about this...

 

Thanks.

post #16864 of 20124
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post

Has anyone gotten the Cone denim yet...Ordered a pair advertised as Japanese fabric but are marked US Fabric (Cone)..... Y'all end up keeping them ?
Long time RRL fan and not sure I am happy about this...

Thanks.

It has happened to me before but it was with a pair of the white denim which I didn't like after I looked them over anyways so I sent them back, their descriptions on the site are notoriously incorrect. I called and bitched at them for their mistake and they gave me a 20 dollar gift cert. you should do the same.
post #16865 of 20124
Is this where the RRL shot inspiration comes from (suit at least)

http://themetapicture.com/police-mugshots-in-the-1920s/
post #16866 of 20124
What did you guys think of the A-2 that came out last year? How does it compare to other brands? It wasn't something I was interested in at the time but find myself really wanting an A-2 just now and there are quite a few on ebay. Any sizing advice from those that tried the RRL one on would be appreciated. Normally I'm a L but there's an XL up at the moment for a bit of steal compared to the others.

Thanks
post #16867 of 20124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

What did you guys think of the A-2 that came out last year? How does it compare to other brands? It wasn't something I was interested in at the time but find myself really wanting an A-2 just now and there are quite a few on ebay. Any sizing advice from those that tried the RRL one on would be appreciated. Normally I'm a L but there's an XL up at the moment for a bit of steal compared to the others.

Thanks

 

It was the first item to go during the sale last year.  I tried on both the L and the XL and went with the XL  and I'm normally a Large when it comes to outerwear.  I found the sleeves to be very short with L  and far too fitted up top.  

post #16868 of 20124
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

Is this where the RRL shot inspiration comes from (suit at least)

http://themetapicture.com/police-mugshots-in-the-1920s/

Yes, from 2011:

http://www.selectism.com/2011/09/09/rrl-autumnwinter-2011-lookbook/
post #16869 of 20124
I hate inside white plackets with a passion. Can they be removed on the RRL oxfords by simple destitching or will doing so reveal an inside placket where the oxford cloth isn't fully there?
post #16870 of 20124
I recieved the RRL slim straight rigids, says finest american denim... thats what i expected to get. which has japanese denim?
post #16871 of 20124

Slim Straight Helm, says "Imported Fabric" on site.... Thought I would take a shot.. Was told by SA that RRL were no longer going to be using Japanese denim this season on. The others that I have are Japanese fabric.

Haven't decide if I will keep or send back, am deep in RRL anyway and may be time to move on.

post #16872 of 20124
Is the Shaker in black only available in-store?

Picked up another pair of Slim-Fit Rigids. If they aren't Japanese Denim they'll be going back with a FU note.

Also for those interested 10.8oz no line selvedge on the left - 9.23oz red selvedge on the right

post #16873 of 20124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrlgambler View Post

It was the first item to go during the sale last year.  I tried on both the L and the XL and went with the XL  and I'm normally a Large when it comes to outerwear.  I found the sleeves to be very short with L  and far too fitted up top.  

Cheers, sounds like the XL will work. How was the length on the XL? Does it it hit right on the waist or between the waist and hips? I tried on an Eastman Leathers A-2 this afternoon and it was gorgeous but I may need to go MTO and get a long due to the length. I'm just under 6" as a reference. Might just get the Eastman to be honest as I really liked the Burgundy cuffs and hems but the price on the RRL one is really tempting.
post #16874 of 20124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post


Cheers, sounds like the XL will work. How was the length on the XL? Does it it hit right on the waist or between the waist and hips? I tried on an Eastman Leathers A-2 this afternoon and it was gorgeous but I may need to go MTO and get a long due to the length. I'm just under 6" as a reference. Might just get the Eastman to be honest as I really liked the Burgundy cuffs and hems but the price on the RRL one is really tempting.

It hits between waist and hips on me.  So being just under 6' you should be fine.  I hope this helps.  

post #16875 of 20124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nick View Post

I
It has happened to me before but it was with a pair of the white denim which I didn't like after I looked them over anyways so I sent them back, their descriptions on the site are notoriously incorrect. I called and bitched at them for their mistake and they gave me a 20 dollar gift cert. you should do the same.

 

Yeah just got my buckle-backs in on Saturday, and the website definitely lists 'Made in the USA from imported fabrics'.  The tag on the interior of the jeans clearly notes that they are Made in China.  Kind of a surprise as I was under the assumption that all RRL jeans were Made in the US, but I guess not.

 

Quality and Fit is fantastic so they are staying but seriously it is disturbing how many of their descriptions wind up containing inaccurate information.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread