Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 3:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1120post #16786 of 2338310/30/13 at 1:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16787 of 2338310/30/13 at 6:22am
My apologies if this has been covered before, but can anyone with more RRL experience speak to the value of the current RL promotion? Seems like the 30 with the 15 Stack comes to about 40% off the eligible items. How are those prices say compared to other times of the year or what one may be able to find in a B&M RRL stores in NYC (the only ones I'd probably have a chance of visiting within the next year or so).
I see many things I like but, like many, am on a budget. Trying to figure out whether I should pull the trigger now, or if there is a better time to do so. I'm not specifically tied to a lot of specific items, just more or less expanding my RRL collection by pairing some items I think would go well together.post #16788 of 2338310/30/13 at 6:32ampost #16789 of 2338310/30/13 at 6:34ampost #16790 of 2338310/30/13 at 6:36amQuote:
Many thanks, figured as much....do you know roughly what time of year that 'second' round would occur? Post-Christmas I take it? I'm more or less tied to online purchases at the moment unless I specifically knew when good deals were to be had at the B&M stores, in which case I could finagle a trip downstate.post #16791 of 2338310/30/13 at 7:02amQuote:
The black one is nice but its that fake distressed RRL greyish black which i personally dont like all that much.post #16792 of 2338310/30/13 at 7:04ampost #16793 of 2338310/30/13 at 7:21amQuote:Originally Posted by DJ Quaaludes
Many thanks, figured as much....do you know roughly what time of year that 'second' round would occur? Post-Christmas I take it? I'm more or less tied to online purchases at the moment unless I specifically knew when good deals were to be had at the B&M stores, in which case I could finagle a trip downstate.
Yes this is the first round of sales, but unlike other years (when RRL was perhaps less well known due to the lack of online presence) a lot of product is disappearing already. It's not like a few years ago when you could find lots of different sizes available during the 70% off sales. RRL is now able to shift so much more stuff via the website that you might be lucky to find your size come the 2nd or 3rd round of sales (when the discounts are deepest). I have missed out on a few things I was interested in recently (on the website) because I wasn't quick enough to pull the trigger, and I'm generally a size large. One of my more recent purchases was the sun bleached shawl sweater which I needed in an XL - I managed to purchase the last one (in the US apparently, according to Dastig), and that was in a 1st round of sales back in June.post #16794 of 2338310/30/13 at 8:02amAnyone purchase the faded merino wool cardigan?
Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on the navy version of the sale piece or buy one of these (which don't appear to be on sale):
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24312546&cp=11588650.12138270&ab=ln_men_cs2_sweaters&view=99&parentPage=familypost #16795 of 2338310/30/13 at 8:28ampost #16796 of 2338310/30/13 at 9:54amI recently picked up some selvedge officer's chinos and deadstock road chinos, and am happy with both. It's been a struggle to find trousers, especially the officer's chinos, in 30x34, but both pairs have turned out to fit great. Both fit very similarly, but the deadstock road chinos have a higher waist. The details and denim are quite nice, although the outseam is a little goofy with the flap...post #16797 of 2338310/30/13 at 12:52pm
Just received the Limited Ed 1922 15oz Japanese buckle backs..They are a sight to see & even better than I imagined. I actually like that they have the navy pocket stitching which I know most take off. The only thing that surprised me is the thigh being slimmer than I expected. I thought they were going to be more of a vintage cut?post #16798 of 2338310/30/13 at 2:23pmpost #16799 of 2338310/30/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
This also depends big time on what size you need. I always end up missing items by trying to wait for further markdowns because I need 29s and smalls.
I would say very few items actually make it to 70% off on RL's website.Quote:
Generally, yes it fits slimmer.
Some of those repro leathers fit more old-school though. The black leather Cafe Racer mentioned above for example fit me pretty boxy in my usual size small.
- The Official RRL Thread
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Bedford Kaki SS15 size L BRAND NEWS 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan