Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 6:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1105post #16561 of 2459110/20/13 at 4:14pmI went a Ralph Lauren store recently and I noticed all of the RRL jeans were using American selvedge instead of the Japanese selvedge. When did this change occur? Is American selvedge cheaper? RRL is my favorite denim brand after 3x1 and I was a bit disappointed that they changed the jeans. I don't know of any other brand using American selvedge.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16562 of 2459110/20/13 at 4:46pm
Only LVC, Levis, Made and Crafted, Wrangler Blue Bell, Lee, Jack Spade, Tellason, Vince, Rag and Bone, True Religion, Raleigh, Lucky Brand, J Crew, Roy, just a few I can think off the top of my head, that use American selvedge.
Thanks for the input indigoeagle, I really have no idea about the denim, they definitely look like some kind of Boss repros with all the signature details. Denim is heavy, vertically streaky and very slubby.post #16563 of 2459110/20/13 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by zippyh
I've got something similar if not identical to the Warner from a few seasons ago.
It's basically just a raincoat/overcoat. You really need to try it on as it fits rather gigantic since I assume it was cut to go over a suit/jacket.
It's an okay piece but I wouldn't get it unless it was on deep discount. I got mine off B&S here.
The RRL Pea Coat seems much more sturdier, almost a bit stiff. It's modeled from original vintage Iconic Navy Pea Coats. Good investment for cold weather because wind doesn't go through as easily and the collar stands up higher for more neck cover. The Polo pea coat is not as stiff and the collar isn't as high but it's you get what you pay for.post #16564 of 2459110/20/13 at 5:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by RandJG1
Can anyone comment on the latest RRL Peacoat? it seems these are a standard piece and while they may change a bit is the rrl one worth the price jump from say a regular polo one?
also am eyeing the warner Twill and wonder if anyone has it or has tried it on and has any comment? Just an overcoat/rain coat? nice lines? more versatile than just an over coat? The damn thing keeps calling to me.
I picked up the sanders twill and couldnt love it more.
The RRL Pea Coat seems much more sturdier, almost a bit stiff. It's modeled from original vintage Iconic Navy Pea Coats. Good investment for cold weather because wind doesn't go through as easily and the collar stands up higher for more neck cover. The Polo pea coat is not as stiff and the collar isn't as high but it's you get what you pay for.post #16565 of 2459110/20/13 at 6:53pmpost #16566 of 2459110/20/13 at 7:04pmpost #16567 of 2459110/20/13 at 8:34pmpost #16568 of 2459110/21/13 at 5:16ampost #16569 of 2459110/21/13 at 8:00amHeads up guys,
RRL presale (week before private sale) starts on the Thursday, the 24th.
-The sale includes Lonesome Dove, Golden Age, Highland, and Fall Icon.
-30% off plus 15% kicker
-Only Lonesome Dove will remain on sale after the 11/5. The rest will go to full price.
I work at the Mansion now and am no longer at Chicago. We don't have any Highland (Irish Tweedy group).
email@example.com #16570 of 2459110/21/13 at 8:23ampost #16571 of 2459110/21/13 at 8:30ampost #16572 of 2459110/21/13 at 8:42amSo basically almost everything that's really good is on sale.
On sale, those sweaters are priced amazing, and, I think, priced to go right out of stock, not to mention some of the BDs.
Henleys and tees priced even better than ebay standards. Sport coat is nice.
The leather jackets........ I think on sale they are priced where they should be at retail.post #16573 of 2459110/21/13 at 8:58ampost #16574 of 2459110/21/13 at 9:31ampost #16575 of 2459110/21/13 at 9:55amQuote:
Dude is selling an action figure but posting pic of RRL bag and including RRL in item description?
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Comme Des Garcons Homme Black Boiled Wool Jacket (48-50) 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 8 minutes ago
- › Maison Martin Margiela Chunky Handknit Cardigan, Size L (fits 48-52) 9 minutes ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 11 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 18 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories