or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1089

post #16321 of 23974
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

funny, and nice catch...noticed that after posting...34s are 10.8oz twill, others are 10.5oz. confused about how/why that would happen though? didn't think anything would be diff from 34 to 36 aside from sizing...what's the deal?

in addition to the 34s being 10.8oz v the 36s 10.5, looks like the weave on the 10.8oz is listed as 92x60, while the 10.5 at 127x57. meaningful diff? that to say the 36s are a finer weave?
post #16322 of 23974
Funny how much of a difference 0.3 oz can make. I still need to pick up my 9.23oz (100 x 50) Rigid Officer's Chino and compare them to my 10.8oz (92 x 60) which I've been wearing quite regularly.
Edited by Sym - 10/5/13 at 4:17pm
post #16323 of 23974

Just bought this vintage Levis Wildfire vest circa 1977, Made in USA, NWT. I thought you guys might appreciate it. Sz M.

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTI1YTAzMjkwNGY2Y2VlZGMwMWY5MzA1MWYwYWJiMjg3MTg0fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT12LnRydW56bzk0fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT04LzI3LzEzIDQ6NDkgUE0=

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTI1YTAzMjkwNGY2Y2VlZGMwMWY5MzA1MWYwYWJjYTg5NTljfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT12LnRydW56bzk0fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT0xMC81LzEzIDc6NDEgUE0=

post #16324 of 23974
Probably gonna have to sell my rigids, which makes me sad because I just had them completely recut frown.gif Going to need to size down.
post #16325 of 23974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

Probably gonna have to sell my rigids, which makes me sad because I just had them completely recut frown.gif Going to need to size down.

lol8[1].gif dude, why didn't you just size down in the first place rather than tailoring a pair of chinos?
post #16326 of 23974
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post
 

Just bought this vintage Levis Wildfire vest circa 1977, Made in USA, NWT. I thought you guys might appreciate it. Sz M.

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTI1YTAzMjkwNGY2Y2VlZGMwMWY5MzA1MWYwYWJiMjg3MTg0fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT12LnRydW56bzk0fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT04LzI3LzEzIDQ6NDkgUE0=

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTI1YTAzMjkwNGY2Y2VlZGMwMWY5MzA1MWYwYWJjYTg5NTljfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT12LnRydW56bzk0fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT0xMC81LzEzIDc6NDEgUE0=

 

Very cool

post #16327 of 23974
I really like my RRL officer's chinos, so I've been researching other selvedge chino options as I could see myself always having a pair or two on hand.

Pretty funny that these J Crew Wallace and Barnes chinos appear to be an exactly copy of the RRLs down to the 60 days without washing recommendation:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/wallacebarnes/PRDOVR~03169/03169.jsp

I like J Crew but they can be shameless sometimes
post #16328 of 23974

Seems like Jcrew has become Bizarro RRL. On the other hand they're just following trends. Practically everyone is doing slim selvedge chinos and White Oak jeans these days. Jcrew has really stepped it up a lot in recent seasons and the Womens stuff is pretty good. They still make $98 selvedge chambray workshirts which is a huge plus in my book. Some of their jeans and footwear are $500+. I would never spend that much on Jcrew's high end collabs when there is RRL, I wonder who buys all those expensive pieces and Chimala jeans, given Jcrew's affordable mall brand image.

post #16329 of 23974
I like J Crew but they can be shameless sometimes[/quote]

Nice and a good slim fit also but I still prefer the RRL British officers chino I bought from the RRL shop in London. I can not wait to go to the RR shop in NYC in November! My wife is after a pair of good sitting slim jeans so we may also take a look at the J crew stuff but as they are similar prices I am better off just sticking with my very much loved RRL!
post #16330 of 23974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

I like J Crew but they can be shameless sometimes


Nice and a good slim fit also but I still prefer the RRL British officers chino I bought from the RRL shop in London. I can not wait to go to the RR shop in NYC in November! My wife is after a pair of good sitting slim jeans so we may also take a look at the J crew stuff but as they are similar prices I am better off just sticking with my very much loved RRL!

when in November. I think their big sale is end of oct/beginning of november
post #16331 of 23974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I really like my RRL officer's chinos, so I've been researching other selvedge chino options as I could see myself always having a pair or two on hand.

Pretty funny that these J Crew Wallace and Barnes chinos appear to be an exactly copy of the RRLs down to the 60 days without washing recommendation:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/wallacebarnes/PRDOVR~03169/03169.jsp

I like J Crew but they can be shameless sometimes

what a joke. and they even cost more
post #16332 of 23974
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

when in November. I think their big sale is end of oct/beginning of november

I will be there on the 27th of Nov. until 1st Dec.
post #16333 of 23974
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

what a joke. and they even cost more


LOL, that is exactly what I thought! even if they were cheaper it would be very hard to convince me to move from RRL.
post #16334 of 23974
Speaking of which, could anyone recommend selvedge rigid chinos from another brand? I know Levi's made and crafted offered a couple colors. Wondering where else I can find a pair for sub $175ish. I really like the feel of the 10.5oz and 11+oz LE chinos offered a few years ago but the newer season fabric is underwhelming
post #16335 of 23974
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Speaking of which, could anyone recommend selvedge rigid chinos from another brand? I know Levi's made and crafted offered a couple colors. Wondering where else I can find a pair for sub $175ish. I really like the feel of the 10.5oz and 11+oz LE chinos offered a few years ago but the newer season fabric is underwhelming

could just order a bunch of pairs and hope to get one from the 10.5oz lot like I did
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread