Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1083post #16231 of 255279/27/13 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16232 of 255279/27/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Good for you Dave on scoring a pair. I called around and got the same story. Although all hope is not lost, according to the Bleecker St. store it see's 3 pairs of 36" in transit to them. On another note this this seasons parka is really starting to grow on me. I was going to pick up a Buzz Rickson Parka, but I think this looks just as nice if not better and is much more friendlier to my wallet. What do you guys think?post #16233 of 255279/27/13 at 3:42pmpost #16234 of 255279/27/13 at 3:51pmpost #16235 of 255279/27/13 at 7:49pmpost #16236 of 255279/27/13 at 8:32pmpost #16237 of 255279/28/13 at 5:32ampost #16238 of 255279/28/13 at 7:40ampost #16239 of 255279/28/13 at 8:03ampost #16240 of 255279/28/13 at 8:05amQuote:
100% natural indigo jeans run $800+ and are only dyed 75% to save indigo and to differentiate the denim and are extremely rare.
All jeans use synthetic indigo (or very tiny % of natural indigo blend) No brand (including RRL, Levis from 1897+) has used natural indigo.
If words like "true" and "pure" indigo have made you buy overpriced jeans thinking they use natural indigo, then you have been duped by clever marketing.
Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 9/28/13 at 9:59ampost #16241 of 255279/28/13 at 9:55amJust received two pairs of denim from RRL Clothing, thanks dude! Got a pair of low straight Midlands and slim fit rigids. Makes sense that RRL keeps making the Midland wash, not an extreme wash or anything and looks even better in person. Slim fit rigids are stiff as cardboard, do you guys presoak for a bit? Could use some shrinkage in the inseam.post #16242 of 255279/28/13 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Froosh
Just received two pairs of denim from RRL Clothing, thanks dude! Got a pair of low straight Midlands and slim fit rigids. Makes sense that RRL keeps making the Midland wash, not an extreme wash or anything and looks even better in person. Slim fit rigids are stiff as cardboard, do you guys presoak for a bit? Could use some shrinkage in the inseam.
Try to go as long as you can without soaking first... After the first 2 weeks the jeans should be broken in a bit, and you'll love the turn out after the first couple months without water touching them with consistent wear.
I recently bought the limited edition olive raws in slim fit.. And don't plan on doing anything to these for awhile, excited to see the fade progression in this weird olive-like colorpost #16243 of 255279/28/13 at 11:19amThanks, I'll do that. I'm really loving the Slim Fit cut. Got them in the same size as what I usually wear in low straights, really glad I listened to RRL Clothing's advice and didn't size up. They're slim without being skinny. The leg opening on my size 32 is around 7.75" so it's a nice slightly tapered leg. Will definitely be buying some more in the future.
Edited by Froosh - 9/28/13 at 3:46pmpost #16244 of 255279/28/13 at 2:34pmI continue to be impressed by the quality and fit of RRL's sweaters. I've had a few over the years and several from this year's collection caught my eye. I saw a few of these at the store today, they look great, particularly the wool crewneck sweater in "clipper", the black indigo boatneck, many of the cardigans (including the one mentioned a few pages back).
Also, the washes on the jeans are still very good. The thick herringbone pants seemed to get a lot of positive attention.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 seconds ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 38 seconds ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 42 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...