Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 9:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1083post #16231 of 234669/27/13 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16232 of 234669/27/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Good for you Dave on scoring a pair. I called around and got the same story. Although all hope is not lost, according to the Bleecker St. store it see's 3 pairs of 36" in transit to them. On another note this this seasons parka is really starting to grow on me. I was going to pick up a Buzz Rickson Parka, but I think this looks just as nice if not better and is much more friendlier to my wallet. What do you guys think?post #16233 of 234669/27/13 at 3:42pmpost #16234 of 234669/27/13 at 3:51pmpost #16235 of 234669/27/13 at 7:49pmpost #16236 of 234669/27/13 at 8:32pmpost #16237 of 234669/28/13 at 5:32ampost #16238 of 234669/28/13 at 7:40ampost #16239 of 234669/28/13 at 8:03ampost #16240 of 234669/28/13 at 8:05amQuote:
100% natural indigo jeans run $800+ and are only dyed 75% to save indigo and to differentiate the denim and are extremely rare.
All jeans use synthetic indigo (or very tiny % of natural indigo blend) No brand (including RRL, Levis from 1897+) has used natural indigo.
If words like "true" and "pure" indigo have made you buy overpriced jeans thinking they use natural indigo, then you have been duped by clever marketing.
Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 9/28/13 at 9:59ampost #16241 of 234669/28/13 at 9:55amJust received two pairs of denim from RRL Clothing, thanks dude! Got a pair of low straight Midlands and slim fit rigids. Makes sense that RRL keeps making the Midland wash, not an extreme wash or anything and looks even better in person. Slim fit rigids are stiff as cardboard, do you guys presoak for a bit? Could use some shrinkage in the inseam.post #16242 of 234669/28/13 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Froosh
Just received two pairs of denim from RRL Clothing, thanks dude! Got a pair of low straight Midlands and slim fit rigids. Makes sense that RRL keeps making the Midland wash, not an extreme wash or anything and looks even better in person. Slim fit rigids are stiff as cardboard, do you guys presoak for a bit? Could use some shrinkage in the inseam.
Try to go as long as you can without soaking first... After the first 2 weeks the jeans should be broken in a bit, and you'll love the turn out after the first couple months without water touching them with consistent wear.
I recently bought the limited edition olive raws in slim fit.. And don't plan on doing anything to these for awhile, excited to see the fade progression in this weird olive-like colorpost #16243 of 234669/28/13 at 11:19amThanks, I'll do that. I'm really loving the Slim Fit cut. Got them in the same size as what I usually wear in low straights, really glad I listened to RRL Clothing's advice and didn't size up. They're slim without being skinny. The leg opening on my size 32 is around 7.75" so it's a nice slightly tapered leg. Will definitely be buying some more in the future.
Edited by Froosh - 9/28/13 at 3:46pmpost #16244 of 234669/28/13 at 2:34pmI continue to be impressed by the quality and fit of RRL's sweaters. I've had a few over the years and several from this year's collection caught my eye. I saw a few of these at the store today, they look great, particularly the wool crewneck sweater in "clipper", the black indigo boatneck, many of the cardigans (including the one mentioned a few pages back).
Also, the washes on the jeans are still very good. The thick herringbone pants seemed to get a lot of positive attention.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 13 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - VOTE NOW 16 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 16 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 33 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan