Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 10:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1083post #16231 of 264589/27/13 at 2:53pmpost #16232 of 264589/27/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Good for you Dave on scoring a pair. I called around and got the same story. Although all hope is not lost, according to the Bleecker St. store it see's 3 pairs of 36" in transit to them. On another note this this seasons parka is really starting to grow on me. I was going to pick up a Buzz Rickson Parka, but I think this looks just as nice if not better and is much more friendlier to my wallet. What do you guys think?post #16233 of 264589/27/13 at 3:42pmpost #16234 of 264589/27/13 at 3:51pmpost #16235 of 264589/27/13 at 7:49pmpost #16236 of 264589/27/13 at 8:32pmpost #16237 of 264589/28/13 at 5:32ampost #16238 of 264589/28/13 at 7:40ampost #16239 of 264589/28/13 at 8:03ampost #16240 of 264589/28/13 at 8:05amQuote:
100% natural indigo jeans run $800+ and are only dyed 75% to save indigo and to differentiate the denim and are extremely rare.
All jeans use synthetic indigo (or very tiny % of natural indigo blend) No brand (including RRL, Levis from 1897+) has used natural indigo.
If words like "true" and "pure" indigo have made you buy overpriced jeans thinking they use natural indigo, then you have been duped by clever marketing.
Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 9/28/13 at 9:59ampost #16241 of 264589/28/13 at 9:55amJust received two pairs of denim from RRL Clothing, thanks dude! Got a pair of low straight Midlands and slim fit rigids. Makes sense that RRL keeps making the Midland wash, not an extreme wash or anything and looks even better in person. Slim fit rigids are stiff as cardboard, do you guys presoak for a bit? Could use some shrinkage in the inseam.post #16242 of 264589/28/13 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Froosh
Just received two pairs of denim from RRL Clothing, thanks dude! Got a pair of low straight Midlands and slim fit rigids. Makes sense that RRL keeps making the Midland wash, not an extreme wash or anything and looks even better in person. Slim fit rigids are stiff as cardboard, do you guys presoak for a bit? Could use some shrinkage in the inseam.
Try to go as long as you can without soaking first... After the first 2 weeks the jeans should be broken in a bit, and you'll love the turn out after the first couple months without water touching them with consistent wear.
I recently bought the limited edition olive raws in slim fit.. And don't plan on doing anything to these for awhile, excited to see the fade progression in this weird olive-like colorpost #16243 of 264589/28/13 at 11:19amThanks, I'll do that. I'm really loving the Slim Fit cut. Got them in the same size as what I usually wear in low straights, really glad I listened to RRL Clothing's advice and didn't size up. They're slim without being skinny. The leg opening on my size 32 is around 7.75" so it's a nice slightly tapered leg. Will definitely be buying some more in the future.
Edited by Froosh - 9/28/13 at 3:46pmpost #16244 of 264589/28/13 at 2:34pmI continue to be impressed by the quality and fit of RRL's sweaters. I've had a few over the years and several from this year's collection caught my eye. I saw a few of these at the store today, they look great, particularly the wool crewneck sweater in "clipper", the black indigo boatneck, many of the cardigans (including the one mentioned a few pages back).
Also, the washes on the jeans are still very good. The thick herringbone pants seemed to get a lot of positive attention.post #16245 of 264589/28/13 at 6:38pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › WTF over-zealous police? 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 18 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 21 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding