or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1077

post #16141 of 21263
Hey guys, does anyone have low straight Midland 2 jeans? Just wondering if you went with your usual low straight size or had to size down on them. Or better yet if you have the Spring Creek 2 wash, do they fit the same? Thanks!
post #16142 of 21263
Got a chance to check out in store what's coming in for Fall... some real nice basics, many of which I recognize from a few years back. My personal tastes run towards undistressed, un-fucked up, unlabeled RRL. Apart from a few applied patches, this season's themed collections all go easy on the "aging" and "customization"

Was most interested in this gray henley, which turns out to be cut very large (most definitely size down one or even two sizes - I'm a large in the standard RRL long sleeve waffle henley and for this one, the small fit me right). It's a nice heavy piece but the serge stitching around the collar and placket looks kinda sloppy.



This wool blend is super soft, almost feeling like angora. It's weird and a little too comfers-cozers sweater for me. Your girl might like it though.



Fall 2013's peacoat is a WWI type model with the four pockets, uppers for hand warming and lowers with flaps. The buttons don't have stars and are made of plastic. I guess genuine horn 13 star buttons aren't coming back again. Really nice melton wool, maybe not at the Buzz Rickson or McCoys level. At $690.... nah thanks.

The neckties are mad boring club patterns that do nothing for me. I'll take a pass on the doodoo brown bandanna too, thanks. Speaking of bandanas, can we get some selvedge and indigo discharge guys popping?

Selvedge is hardly seen anywhere but in the denim jeans and heavy officer pants, which still have too high a rise I'd say. None of the two dozen shirts I saw had selvedge on the placket or gussets.

This sweater is a perfect neutral color and simply classic. It's heavy wool that will shed water and won't stretch out. Best piece of the season.


Edited by subdivide - 9/18/13 at 5:44pm
post #16143 of 21263
wow, got the rrl officer chino in rigid and they weren't joking with the 'rigid' description. might need to drop these guys in a cold wash to loosen up a bit (if I end up keeping).

also, didn't realize the fit was so fitted--waist fits fine, but very fitted throughout. not quite raw denim fitted, but def not the relaxed chino cut I was expecting. is this consistent with most here?

hidden RRL label inside the right back pocket is pretty cool though
Edited by superego - 9/18/13 at 7:16pm
post #16144 of 21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost01 View Post
 

Any one seen this.

 

Seems a bit familiar.

 

http://www.oldjoe.jp/

 

I like it...

post #16145 of 21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

wow, got the rrl officer chino in rigid and they weren't joking with the 'rigid' description. might need to drop these guys in a cold wash to loosen up a bit (if I end up keeping).

also, didn't realize the fit was so fitted--waist fits fine, but very fitted throughout. not quite raw denim fitted, but def not the relaxed chino cut I was expecting. is this consistent with most here?

 

i have found with the officer chino, that sizing up +1 inch on the waist gives you a little more room in the thigh and leg opening.  You would either need a belt or get it tailored (cheap), but it is worth it unless you have very slim legs and like a very slim cut.   The rigid will stretch in the waist anyway (but not the thigh).  Oh and water will not loosen them.  IIRC SVB's rigid chinos inseam came up ~2 inches over the process of a years washes.

 
What size do you get?
post #16146 of 21263
34x34...36" actual waist.

leaning toward going with the 36x32 instead (wearing these a little lower on my hips, so rather than hem or cuff, figure I'll drop the inseam)...others concur the fit is likely to be similar now in perpetuity?
post #16147 of 21263
i can't believe that you have to size up. I got a 32x32, my standard rrl size (i'm a 33-34 in other brands), and I just had them massively slimmed down because they're so much bigger than the other officer chinos..

they're actually back at the tailor to get the knees/lower thigh slimmed too. i had them tapered from the knee down to a 7.5" hem.
post #16148 of 21263
how big are your legs?

I take 33/34 in most other stuff (though typically look for slimmer fits in denim), and the waist on these is fine, albeit a little stiff. my concern is that these don't stretch elsewhere. was looking for a more traditional relaxed chino fit, and at 34, this is reminiscent of some initial raw denim fits.

edit: I'm a 34 in RRL denim as well--fit on the denim is similar to this, though washed so a little softer.
post #16149 of 21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

i can't believe that you have to size up. I got a 32x32, my standard rrl size (i'm a 33-34 in other brands), and I just had them massively slimmed down because they're so much bigger than the other officer chinos..

they're actually back at the tailor to get the knees/lower thigh slimmed too. i had them tapered from the knee down to a 7.5" hem.

 

in defence of my comment.  There is quite a big difference (on my body) between the 32x34 and the 33x34, but then it depends on your body shape.   The 0.25 inch small thigh measurement is enough to to pinch slightly.  I need minimum of 12" in the thigh and a 9" knee and 8.25" hem is optimal for my taste (a slim very gentle taper) ala the Momo 702 cut 34.

post #16150 of 21263
I'm a 31 or a 32 in the denim. The RRLs will stretch in the thigh a little bit, and the pant in general will look looser as it breaks in.
post #16151 of 21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdivide View Post

Got a chance to check out in store what's coming in for Fall... some real nice basics, many of which I recognize from a few years back. My personal tastes run towards undistressed, un-fucked up, unlabeled RRL. Apart from a few applied patches, this season's themed collections all go easy on the "aging" and "customization"

Was most interested in this gray henley, which turns out to be cut very large (most definitely size down one or even two sizes - I'm a large in the standard RRL long sleeve waffle henley and for this one, the small fit me right). It's a nice heavy piece but the serge stitching around the collar and placket looks kinda sloppy.



This wool blend is super soft, almost feeling like angora. It's weird and a little too comfers-cozers sweater for me. Your girl might like it though.



Fall 2013's peacoat is a WWI type model with the four pockets, uppers for hand warming and lowers with flaps. The buttons don't have stars and are made of plastic. I guess genuine horn 13 star buttons aren't coming back again. Really nice melton wool, maybe not at the Buzz Rickson or McCoys level. At $690.... nah thanks.

The neckties are mad boring club patterns that do nothing for me. I'll take a pass on the doodoo brown bandanna too, thanks. Speaking of bandanas, can we get some selvedge and indigo discharge guys popping?

Selvedge is hardly seen anywhere but in the denim jeans and heavy officer pants, which still have too high a rise I'd say. None of the two dozen shirts I saw had selvedge on the placket or gussets.

This sweater is a perfect neutral color and simply classic. It's heavy wool that will shed water and won't stretch out. Best piece of the season.

 

 
Being that I reside in the Midwest, I really appreciated reading your rundown on this season's collection.  Like yourself I'm not terribly impressed by this season's offerings by any stretch.  Really  I'm only eyeing  a couple of knits and a jacket  for this season but that is about it.  Initially I wasn't interested in that shawl you posted, but thanks to your review I'm going to keep my eye on it going forward.  Good lookin.
post #16152 of 21263
So anybody made any recent purchases? What is on everybody's wish list?
post #16153 of 21263
need more chinos.

just picked up some olive officers cut, and my left hand twill selvedge (from this season) will be at the tailor til next week. im liking the weight of this season's twill, although the selvedge line is not visible
post #16154 of 21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

So anybody made any recent purchases? What is on everybody's wish list?

I'm wishing for the dixon varsity jacket, merino-wool cashmere jacket, and the cotton anderson workshirt.
post #16155 of 21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickshift View Post

I'm wishing for the dixon varsity jacket, merino-wool cashmere jacket, and the cotton anderson workshirt.

Which Merino Wool cashmere jacket?
I have the Cotton Anderson shirt...great piece!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread