or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1073

post #16081 of 21754
looking again at the officer chino...the tagged waist is a more or less ACTUAL waist measurement (ie, 34 works for someone with an acutal 34" waist)?

I wear tagged size 33/34 (w a 36" waist) in most things...given the above, any reason to deviate from my expected size 36 if I'm looking for a more traditional relaxed chino fit?
post #16082 of 21754
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

what's my best bet for finding a brown engraved/etched brown belt besides ebay??

something like this (though not really feeling this particular item):


better still, are there other brands/vendors that do this sort of thing? rrl is the only one I've seen anything like this from


Yeah, RRL is tooled leather belt heaven.

Don't know why rl_store is selling that belt without mentioning that it has "union of craft" tooled across the back, big and bold. Seems like a potential return just waiting to happen.

You can get some tooled leather belts off etsy for sure.

ACE leather belts can be had from the new affiliate Thurston brothers. I think they are pretty pricey though.

LVC makes them, so too does Lee and Wrangler blue bell once in a while.

Terry Dear does tooling, but not sure if he does floral tooling in addition to Celtic tooling. LGC likewise does tooling, but not sure if they do anything other than basic basketweave pattern.

RRL is very fond of tooling some leather belts with an aztec/southwestern pattern (geometrical). They're very nice. But for a much cheaper alternative that look just as nice just look up aztec tooled leather belts on ebay and you'll find some great vintage ones made by Chambers.

But, yeah, if it's only floral tooled you're looking for, etsy has a ton of custom options, and you can keep your eye out for the occasional LVC.
post #16083 of 21754
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

what's my best bet for finding a brown engraved/etched brown belt besides ebay??

something like this (though not really feeling this particular item):


better still, are there other brands/vendors that do this sort of thing? rrl is the only one I've seen anything like this from

If you want the real thing, contact Alfonso's Gun Leather in North Hollywood CA
http://www.alfonsosgunleather.com/Pages/western.htm

Alfonso Pineda created the Paladin rig, Clint Eastwood's Hang Em High rig as well as those for Clayton Moore, Roy Rogers, John Wayne and countless others. He's no longer with us but his son carries on the tradition. Their hand carved belts are second to none. All custom and all fantastic.
post #16084 of 21754
When do.u guys think the next rrl sale will happen?
post #16085 of 21754

I tried on the Officer Field Pant (chino) recently and was smitten. After looking for a nice chino for less than $100 for a while and coming up empty I am going to bite the bullet on these. I'm not anticipating they go on sale too often. Would love to be straightened out on that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Motocross Pants Womens
post #16086 of 21754

I need some advise.. I bought some RRL Slim Straight once washed, then bought a pair of the olive RRL Slim's (supposed that they are slim boot-cut from research on this thread) and then recently picked up a pair of the slim-fit faded khaki that just were on sale. My question is, the slim straight is too wide down the legs, I am short 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. The olives are good in the thighs, and flare a little too much when wearing with a sneaker or driving moccasin..

 

Do the RRL slim-fit once washed fit pretty slim? I like a my pants to fit nicely around my ankles, and not bunch too much above my shoe. I want to pick up the slim-fit's but since I am 700 miles from the nearest store it is hard to try them on before buying them.. Any help and advise is appreciated!

post #16087 of 21754

Any one else UK based going?

post #16088 of 21754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost01 View Post



Any one else UK based going?

I am UK based but did not get the invite! anyway meetings running until late tomorrow. I don't get any of there invites despite shopping myself and introducing and taking friends who are visiting from abroad and have spent thousands in their shops! Maybe that is exactly why they do not send me any discounts or invites! LOL, I think it is time to stop spending too much money there!
post #16089 of 21754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybach View Post

I need some advise.. I bought some RRL Slim Straight once washed, then bought a pair of the olive RRL Slim's (supposed that they are slim boot-cut from research on this thread) and then recently picked up a pair of the slim-fit faded khaki that just were on sale. My question is, the slim straight is too wide down the legs, I am short 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. The olives are good in the thighs, and flare a little too much when wearing with a sneaker or driving moccasin..

Do the RRL slim-fit once washed fit pretty slim? I like a my pants to fit nicely around my ankles, and not bunch too much above my shoe. I want to pick up the slim-fit's but since I am 700 miles from the nearest store it is hard to try them on before buying them.. Any help and advise is appreciated!

Yea the slim fits are slim and tapered a bit. I found that the thighs on the slim fit is slightly looser than the slim bootcuts.
post #16090 of 21754
silviob1999 has rigid officer chinos for 99 bucks in 31, 32 and 34. They seem to be the older 9 ounce ones.
post #16091 of 21754
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_s View Post

silviob1999 has rigid officer chinos for 99 bucks in 31, 32 and 34. They seem to be the older 9 ounce ones.

I have both the 9.23oz and 11.? oz rigid officer chino in 28, I would definitely buy it if it were my size.
post #16092 of 21754
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_s View Post

silviob1999 has rigid officer chinos for 99 bucks in 31, 32 and 34. They seem to be the older 9 ounce ones.

Thanks, I was looking to pick up another pair!

How noticeable is the difference between the 10.8 and 9.23 ounce?

I haven't tried on a RRL western shirt but I've heard they fit slimmer compared to the regular work shirts. Do shirts with these types of pockets (jack rabbit shirts?) also consistently fit slimmer than the work shirts?


Edited by Sym - 9/10/13 at 5:50pm
post #16093 of 21754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sym View Post

Thanks, I was looking to pick up another pair!

How noticeable is the difference between the 10.8 and 9.23 ounce?

I haven't tried on a RRL western shirt but I've heard they fit slimmer compared to the regular work shirts. Do shirts with these types of pockets (jack rabbit shirts?) also consistently fit slimmer than the work shirts?


I had the 11.? ones and the 9.23oz ones, the 9.23oz ones is in Taiwan (I don't use it anymore due to exploding pen, ink stain...) so can't compare the side by side. The wave is denser on the 11.? something ones, though I was just as happy about the 9.23oz ones.
post #16094 of 21754
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

looking again at the officer chino...the tagged waist is a more or less ACTUAL waist measurement (ie, 34 works for someone with an acutal 34" waist)?

I wear tagged size 33/34 (w a 36" waist) in most things...given the above, any reason to deviate from my expected size 36 if I'm looking for a more traditional relaxed chino fit?

any thoughts on selvedge officer chino sizing?
post #16095 of 21754
I can't comment on the selvedge officer chinos, but every other RRL pants I've owned were VERY vanity sized. I wear a tagged 28 and the actual waist measurement is around 31-32".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread