Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1071post #16051 of 239829/6/13 at 8:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16052 of 239829/6/13 at 8:56ampost #16053 of 239829/6/13 at 9:47am
I believe Cone went out of business in 2004. They were bought up by ITG who built the China Cone plant in 2007, their focus is to make apparel for China and Vietnam and they still supply Levis with their 501 STF and all True Religion denims. Cone doesn't have the resources to be the best. They had about 2800 employes in the 70's and now only 300 people work at the White Oak mill right now, this number is probably still declining. Cone has it's place in making irregular shuttle woven denim for ''the Levis of yester-year,'' but the Japanese have perfected every aspect of the production process.
If the 'Made in USA White Oak' fad stays around long enough it might be possible they will invest more money and develop high end denim. Right now I think they're just trying to stay afloat and pump out millions of yards of deadstock denim they can't get rid of (aka ''exclusively developed'') and continue receiving press and hype due to their rich heritage/history, vintage workwear and raw selvedge denim is very popular right now, who knows where they'll end up in 10 or 20 years.post #16054 of 239829/6/13 at 11:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Saturdays
I saw the messenger in person last weekend in Georgetown, was very nice and something I plan on buying once it goes on sale. Has two separated compartments, large enough to carry a 15" laptop from the looks of it. Definitely more of a portfolio briefcase than a hard shell briefcase, and less of a messenger bag than the deerfield vachetta messenger bag, rather it's more sturdy and structured. Just outside my price range, although the SA told me it was $795 in store for some reason, online it shows it as $595, I'm still going to wait on the private sale in November to try and grab it for $360 or so, hopefully. The one in the store had a little bit of distressing/scratches that I am guessing will be inconsistent among the entire production, and possibly over time or with care will blend in.
Thanks Saturdays. $795 sounds more in line with what RL usually charges for MII bags, I was surprised to see it at $595, hopefully it makes it to sale. If the distressing isn't too excessive It sounds like what I've looking for. Would it be big enough to carry a laptop, some papers and a book or two?
Also there is nothing wrong with Cone, if I want to wear jeans in the summer I'll usually reach for a pair of Cone W+H (picked up on sale for $70), but If I decide to spend $240+ on denim there are just too many better options. Any idea when all the rigids are being switched to Cone?
Addendum: I inquired about the back length of a cardigan and they responded with
Collar to Hem: for Small, 13"; for Medium, 15"
I'm guessing it's designed to expose ones midriff or they measured the front which really doesn't help
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Sym - 9/6/13 at 11:45ampost #16055 of 239829/6/13 at 11:41ampost #16056 of 239829/6/13 at 11:43amI havent seen that messenger in person but it looks pretty close to my filson brief case. its a great one and the price as certainly climbed on it over the years.
http://www.filson.com/products/leather-field-satchel.70252.html?fromCat=true&fvalsProduct=luggage/briefcases-and-laptop-bags&fmetaProduct=1019post #16057 of 239829/6/13 at 12:04pmpost #16058 of 239829/6/13 at 12:07pmHas anyone seen that cardigan I posted? please tell me it fits normallyQuote:
Are you talking about the darting between the pockets or the blue stitch on the pocket? Yes on both I believe.
Just looked at the email receipt, I regret not picking up a few more pairs.
Sub Total$58.00 CAD
HST $8.19 CAD
Total $71.19 CAD
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)From ssenseQuote:Originally Posted by RandJG1
I havent seen that messenger in person but it looks pretty close to my filson brief case. its a great one and the price as certainly climbed on it over the years.
That bag is beautiful but way out of my price range, I'm looking to spend no more than $400.post #16059 of 239829/7/13 at 11:21pmpost #16060 of 239829/8/13 at 12:17pmpost #16061 of 239829/8/13 at 2:05pmpost #16062 of 239829/8/13 at 2:50pmQuote:
I have both and can tell you that the slim straights have a higher rise but besides that fit about the same. The S/S remind me how my 1947 501s fit.
Maybe, maybe the S/S are a tad slimmer in the hips, but its hard to say because I have 3 pair of Low Straights and they all fit differently for the same size!post #16063 of 239829/8/13 at 2:52pmpost #16064 of 239829/8/13 at 10:55pmGreat shirt sazon!
This one looks very interesting:
Hopefully the "rinse" means no distressing, finally.post #16065 of 239829/9/13 at 11:41am
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › ?What is the first thing you notice when you see a man in a suit? 7 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 19 minutes ago
- › Vanda, Borrelli, EG Cappelli neckties 26 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 minutes ago
- › NWT Coppley Croydon Sport Coat Sz 44T 34 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Lee Sportswear Union Made Check Flannel Shirt 53 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015