Awesome!! Its a great shirt. Such intricate details to the weave. Wear it in the best of health.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1071
Styleforum Top Picks
I've been wanting some RRL Slim Fits for years ever since I tried them on 2 years ago and I finally scored some RRL Slim Fit Rinsed jeans on eBay.
When I received them, I was a little surprised that the selvegde line wasn't the bold red color that I remembered but more of a subdued red color. I heard that they are using Cone denim now instead of Japanese Denim and so I was a little worried that I got the new Cone denims.
The pocket bags say Made in the USA of the Finest Japanese Selvedge Denim so I'm pretty sure that they are Japanese Denim and not Cone denim, but I could have sworn that the selvedge line was different when I tried it on a few year ago. Does anyone know if they switched Japanese denim a few years back?
Either way, the jeans are beautiful regardless, the denim is hairy and substantial and although they are a little snug (I need to lose some poundage per the doctors orders), I know they will be one of my favorites.
Yes. They switched Japanese fabrics about 2 years ago.
Post a pic after it arrives.
I believe Cone went out of business in 2004. They were bought up by ITG who built the China Cone plant in 2007, their focus is to make apparel for China and Vietnam and they still supply Levis with their 501 STF and all True Religion denims. Cone doesn't have the resources to be the best. They had about 2800 employes in the 70's and now only 300 people work at the White Oak mill right now, this number is probably still declining. Cone has it's place in making irregular shuttle woven denim for ''the Levis of yester-year,'' but the Japanese have perfected every aspect of the production process.
If the 'Made in USA White Oak' fad stays around long enough it might be possible they will invest more money and develop high end denim. Right now I think they're just trying to stay afloat and pump out millions of yards of deadstock denim they can't get rid of (aka ''exclusively developed'') and continue receiving press and hype due to their rich heritage/history, vintage workwear and raw selvedge denim is very popular right now, who knows where they'll end up in 10 or 20 years.
I saw the messenger in person last weekend in Georgetown, was very nice and something I plan on buying once it goes on sale. Has two separated compartments, large enough to carry a 15" laptop from the looks of it. Definitely more of a portfolio briefcase than a hard shell briefcase, and less of a messenger bag than the deerfield vachetta messenger bag, rather it's more sturdy and structured. Just outside my price range, although the SA told me it was $795 in store for some reason, online it shows it as $595, I'm still going to wait on the private sale in November to try and grab it for $360 or so, hopefully. The one in the store had a little bit of distressing/scratches that I am guessing will be inconsistent among the entire production, and possibly over time or with care will blend in.
Thanks Saturdays. $795 sounds more in line with what RL usually charges for MII bags, I was surprised to see it at $595, hopefully it makes it to sale. If the distressing isn't too excessive It sounds like what I've looking for. Would it be big enough to carry a laptop, some papers and a book or two?
Also there is nothing wrong with Cone, if I want to wear jeans in the summer I'll usually reach for a pair of Cone W+H (picked up on sale for $70), but If I decide to spend $240+ on denim there are just too many better options. Any idea when all the rigids are being switched to Cone?
Addendum: I inquired about the back length of a cardigan and they responded with
Collar to Hem: for Small, 13"; for Medium, 15"
I'm guessing it's designed to expose ones midriff or they measured the front which really doesn't help
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Sym - 9/6/13 at 11:45am
Are you talking about the darting between the pockets or the blue stitch on the pocket? Yes on both I believe.
Just looked at the email receipt, I regret not picking up a few more pairs.
Sub Total$58.00 CAD
HST $8.19 CAD
Total $71.19 CAD
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I havent seen that messenger in person but it looks pretty close to my filson brief case. its a great one and the price as certainly climbed on it over the years.
That bag is beautiful but way out of my price range, I'm looking to spend no more than $400.
I have both and can tell you that the slim straights have a higher rise but besides that fit about the same. The S/S remind me how my 1947 501s fit.
Maybe, maybe the S/S are a tad slimmer in the hips, but its hard to say because I have 3 pair of Low Straights and they all fit differently for the same size!
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of... 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 19 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 21 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 22 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 30 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...