how do you know?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 2:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1066post #15976 of 241989/2/13 at 6:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15977 of 241989/2/13 at 6:40pm
This has been the waistband tag of all RRL jeans for the past ~2 years.
The outlets have been putting out tons of SF Rigids and some Boss jeans for about 2-3 weeks now. The SF are all old stock, with old tags and $210-220 MSRP. Certainly not a EU market RRL product.post #15978 of 241989/2/13 at 6:50pmpost #15979 of 241989/2/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
This has been the waistband tag of all RRL jeans for the past ~2 years.
The outlets have been putting out tons of SF Rigids and some Boss jeans for about 2-3 weeks now. The SF are all old stock, with old tags and $210-220 MSRP. Certainly not a EU market RRL product.
Good to know. Let me ask you a question. I purchased a pair of slim-bootcuts from an outlet store in upstate New York about 7 months ago, and they have the tag pictured above. Does RRL actively change the tags on outlet products, or do they leave them as is?post #15980 of 241989/2/13 at 7:26pm
They don't touch the tags as far as I know.
Sometimes outlets get new products that are currently for sale in stores (overstock), past season, or old stock that is 3-4 years old that they will accumulate from season to season (usually Icon stuff) that they will put out all at once every few seasons once they run out of space in the stockroom.
I have been traveling a lot the past few weeks. Cali and FL outlets are dry now, but Woodbury has RRLs these past few weeks.post #15981 of 241989/2/13 at 8:16pmpost #15982 of 241989/2/13 at 8:47pmpost #15983 of 241989/2/13 at 9:02pm
Actually I am mistaken, it is the other way around. Here is what someone who has both had to say about it. I have not compared the new SF Japan Rigids to the old ones personally so I can't comment. I know that both versions are very good and soon they will all be gone and replaced with that Cone stuff.Quote:Originally Posted by Sym
Ok, so I picked up two pairs of the rigid slim fits, one from silviob and one from polo.com. The inside tags as well as the leather patch were different, one was almost distressed suede with long fibres (silviob), the other had much shorter fibres. However, the most noticeable difference to me was the denim. The pair from silviob what lighter and much less stiff while the one from polo.com was heavy, stiff, and slubby, which is what I would typically associate with Japanese denim. Also the selvage on the polo pair has a darker red thread that is more spaced out when compared to the silviob pair. They both say Japanese denim on the pocket bag but I'm guessing they've changed producers?
I also picked up the Jackrabbit Red Chambray in medium which fits great. Having bought two pervious RRL work shirts I thought I would end up returning it due to the fit but I was pleasantly surprised. Do all the RRL Chambrays have a trimmer fit?
Along with the denim and chambray I picked up two jackets which did not fit me properly, too short and wide. Both fit very similar despite one being a small and the other a medium. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #15984 of 241989/3/13 at 12:38ampost #15985 of 241989/3/13 at 7:53ampost #15986 of 241989/3/13 at 7:55ampost #15987 of 241989/3/13 at 8:17ampost #15988 of 241989/3/13 at 8:17ampost #15989 of 241989/3/13 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
Actually I am mistaken, it is the other way around. Here is what someone who has both had to say about it. I have not compared the new SF Japan Rigids to the old ones personally so I can't comment. I know that both versions are very good and soon they will all be gone and replaced with that Cone stuff.
Late last year when I heard the rumblings of Cone replacing Japanese denim, I bought an extra pair of raws & once washed in Low Straight cuz I loved the denim so much. I thought I may be going a bit over the top when doing so, but hearing this now makes me happy I did so.post #15990 of 241989/3/13 at 10:59am
- The Official RRL Thread
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › So, where do you guys shop? 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage Horsehide Jacket 2 minutes ago
- › The Viridi Anne Linen X-Ray Jacket 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Spiewak Pea Coat 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth