how do you know?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1066post #15976 of 264709/2/13 at 6:27pmpost #15977 of 264709/2/13 at 6:40pm
This has been the waistband tag of all RRL jeans for the past ~2 years.
The outlets have been putting out tons of SF Rigids and some Boss jeans for about 2-3 weeks now. The SF are all old stock, with old tags and $210-220 MSRP. Certainly not a EU market RRL product.post #15978 of 264709/2/13 at 6:50pmpost #15979 of 264709/2/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
This has been the waistband tag of all RRL jeans for the past ~2 years.
The outlets have been putting out tons of SF Rigids and some Boss jeans for about 2-3 weeks now. The SF are all old stock, with old tags and $210-220 MSRP. Certainly not a EU market RRL product.
Good to know. Let me ask you a question. I purchased a pair of slim-bootcuts from an outlet store in upstate New York about 7 months ago, and they have the tag pictured above. Does RRL actively change the tags on outlet products, or do they leave them as is?post #15980 of 264709/2/13 at 7:26pm
They don't touch the tags as far as I know.
Sometimes outlets get new products that are currently for sale in stores (overstock), past season, or old stock that is 3-4 years old that they will accumulate from season to season (usually Icon stuff) that they will put out all at once every few seasons once they run out of space in the stockroom.
I have been traveling a lot the past few weeks. Cali and FL outlets are dry now, but Woodbury has RRLs these past few weeks.post #15981 of 264709/2/13 at 8:16pmpost #15982 of 264709/2/13 at 8:47pmpost #15983 of 264709/2/13 at 9:02pm
Actually I am mistaken, it is the other way around. Here is what someone who has both had to say about it. I have not compared the new SF Japan Rigids to the old ones personally so I can't comment. I know that both versions are very good and soon they will all be gone and replaced with that Cone stuff.Quote:Originally Posted by Sym
Ok, so I picked up two pairs of the rigid slim fits, one from silviob and one from polo.com. The inside tags as well as the leather patch were different, one was almost distressed suede with long fibres (silviob), the other had much shorter fibres. However, the most noticeable difference to me was the denim. The pair from silviob what lighter and much less stiff while the one from polo.com was heavy, stiff, and slubby, which is what I would typically associate with Japanese denim. Also the selvage on the polo pair has a darker red thread that is more spaced out when compared to the silviob pair. They both say Japanese denim on the pocket bag but I'm guessing they've changed producers?
I also picked up the Jackrabbit Red Chambray in medium which fits great. Having bought two pervious RRL work shirts I thought I would end up returning it due to the fit but I was pleasantly surprised. Do all the RRL Chambrays have a trimmer fit?
Along with the denim and chambray I picked up two jackets which did not fit me properly, too short and wide. Both fit very similar despite one being a small and the other a medium. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #15984 of 264709/3/13 at 12:38ampost #15985 of 264709/3/13 at 7:53ampost #15986 of 264709/3/13 at 7:55ampost #15987 of 264709/3/13 at 8:17ampost #15988 of 264709/3/13 at 8:17ampost #15989 of 264709/3/13 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
Actually I am mistaken, it is the other way around. Here is what someone who has both had to say about it. I have not compared the new SF Japan Rigids to the old ones personally so I can't comment. I know that both versions are very good and soon they will all be gone and replaced with that Cone stuff.
Late last year when I heard the rumblings of Cone replacing Japanese denim, I bought an extra pair of raws & once washed in Low Straight cuz I loved the denim so much. I thought I may be going a bit over the top when doing so, but hearing this now makes me happy I did so.post #15990 of 264709/3/13 at 10:59am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Cigars 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 16 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 22 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding