or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1058

post #15856 of 20079
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwoodsman View Post


Ha! You paint with a broad brush, my friend: "...if you can't afford it everyone has to hear about how it's suddenly overpriced Chinese garbage."

I missed the part where I said that. And yes, if the pants were $70.00, or even $150.00, I'd buy them. But that's because I, personally, don't attach much value to them. Does that mean I can't afford them? Absolutely not.



You cant afford them. You just said if they were cheaper you would buy them. You like them, you want them, you do not care if they are made in China but money (or lack of) is standing in your way.

If you need to think about it too hard, or make weird rational justifications, you really cant afford it. No sense in denying it. You know it to be true..
post #15857 of 20079

Another thing I'm curious to know now. You say if they were $70 you would buy them, because that seems to be what you are willing to spend or "value" on Chinese/SE Asian manufactured tweed pants?

 

Are you saying that the other $420 will be well justified if it were made in say.. the USA or Italy? Seems pretty steep to pay that much more for a factory in Italy to construct some fabrics.. it's not rocket science.

 

Or are you saying $500 for any pants made anywhere is $420 over what they "should" cost in your opinion? As you have also stated that being made in Italy would not change your mind about paying $490.  If that's the case, then you don't like these pants because they're overpriced in your opinion, not because they're made in China.

 

If PLRL charges $1200 for some Italian wool pants, why isn't $490 for Scottish tweed, designed in the USA, assembled in China, considered a steal? I definitely think so.

 

I think most men in the market for Dress clothing would find RRL fit and finish to be remarkable at any price, as well as the Rugby Haberdashery shop, both have high end formal wear for a fraction of their European counterparts. So I hope you will think twice before bashing China or thinking you know what it takes to successfully run a multi-billion dollar clothing empire.

foo.gif


Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 8/26/13 at 8:20pm
post #15858 of 20079
Most men dress like crap. Rugby quality was terrible. RRL is decent. I wouldn't buy those tweed pants at $70 when I can get a tweed suit at Brooks that's made in USA or Italy for a similar price range at discount. Globalization has made the "made in" label a non issue but some of us still want to support domestic workers who make a fair minimum wage or recognize when we are being price gouged by a billionaire dollar company trying to "stay competitive". fight[1].gif
Edited by Kensington - 8/26/13 at 10:00pm
post #15859 of 20079
Lollll Brooks Brothers.
post #15860 of 20079
LOL at recommending suits from Rugby over Brooks.
post #15861 of 20079
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post


You cant afford them. You just said if they were cheaper you would buy them. You like them, you want them, you do not care if they are made in China but money (or lack of) is standing in your way.

If you need to think about it too hard, or make weird rational justifications, you really cant afford it. No sense in denying it. You know it to be true..


You're really bad at this, and I'm not sure why you're taking these pathetic cheap shots at me. As I've stated before: I don't want the pants. I'm not thinking "too hard," or making "weird rational justifications." But since you're obviously an English professor (psychoanalyst and accountant), I will clarify (again): if I wanted the pants, and they were in my price range, I would buy them. There was no bashing of Chinese-made clothing, nor did I cite "money (or lack of)" as a reason for not purchasing the pants in question. In fact, what I cited was something along moral grounds (and a lack of interest in the pants).   

 

The fact that you're harping on money makes you sound bitter and classless. Some might actually say that you sound childish.

 

Why do you care if people in this forum purchase things at the outlet or from Silvio? Is it because your hard-earned dollars go towards paying MSRP at brands that produce the majority of their goods in China? Is it because it devalues what you own? (These, if you haven't already guessed, are rhetorical questions, and need not be addressed by your half-witted cynicism.)

 

I have trouble wrapping my head around your logic. You make all of these unsubstantiated accusations. People can read. They will see exactly what I've said and draw their own conclusions. Some will think my comment on Chinese labor conditions is laughable; others may agree. I won't lose sleep either way. My intention was not to create a stir. I merely came to the forum to share and discuss. I'm not here to pass harsh judgment on people -- well, except maybe you at this point. But that's because you're a bit of a drama queen, and far too combative for a fashion forum. I repeat: far too combative for a fashion forum. So do those of us who want to have drama-free discussions a favor and ease up.

 

Now that you're not creating drama, you'll want to occupy your free time. Well, you're in luck because I've got just the thing for you. Why don't you go to medical school in my place. And while you're at it, take care of my toddler. Sound good? Thanks, bud.

post #15862 of 20079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

LOL at recommending suits from Rugby over Brooks.


LOL what a bargain!

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Zip-Front-Cable-Cardigan/MS00437,default,pd.html?dwvar_MS00437_Color=BRWN&contentpos=3&cgid=0224

post #15863 of 20079
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwoodsman View Post


You're really bad at this, and I'm not sure why you're taking these pathetic cheap shots at me. As I've stated before: I don't want the pants. I'm not thinking "too hard," or making "weird rational justifications." But since you're obviously an English professor (psychoanalyst and accountant), I will clarify (again): if I wanted the pants, and they were in my price range, I would buy them. There was no bashing of Chinese-made clothing, nor did I cite "money (or lack of)" as a reason for not purchasing the pants in question. In fact, what I cited was something along moral grounds (and a lack of interest in the pants).   

The fact that you're harping on money makes you sound bitter and classless. Some might actually say that you sound childish.

Why do you care if people in this forum purchase things at the outlet or from Silvio? Is it because your hard-earned dollars go towards paying MSRP at brands that produce the majority of their goods in China? Is it because it devalues what you own? (These, if you haven't already guessed, are rhetorical questions, and need not be addressed by your half-witted cynicism.)

I have trouble wrapping my head around your logic. You make all of these unsubstantiated accusations. People can read. They will see exactly what I've said and draw their own conclusions. Some will think my comment on Chinese labor conditions is laughable; others may agree. I won't lose sleep either way. My intention was not to create a stir. I merely came to the forum to share and discuss. I'm not here to pass harsh judgment on people -- well, except maybe you at this point. But that's because you're a bit of a drama queen, and far too combative for a fashion forum. I repeat: far too combative for a fashion forum. So do those of us who want to have drama-free discussions a favor and ease up.

Now that you're not creating drama, you'll want to occupy your free time. Well, you're in luck because I've got just the thing for you. Why don't you go to medical school in my place. And while you're at it, take care of my toddler. Sound good? Thanks, bud.

lol8[1].gif
post #15864 of 20079

There's no need to bash what you can't afford. laugh.gif
post #15865 of 20079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post


lol8[1].gif


Another trololol who never contributes anything to this thread, except to pop in every few months with some worthless asinine comments.

post #15866 of 20079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post


There's no need to bash what you can't afford. laugh.gif


Maybe i'll wait for it to drop to $70 after discounts before I realize how much I love it lol8[1].gif

post #15867 of 20079
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post


TL;DR

 

You're a half witted troll with 5 posts. You probably found this thread looking for "RRL Discounts" or "RRL 75% off outlets" on google. That's how most of the trolls find this thread and in a few days after you peddle some jeans you found at outlet on ebay you probably will never come back here. 

 

Nobody cares about your "China" envy problems. You're obviously mad you can't afford high-end China made RL clothing and will keep crying about it. I mean seriously nobody cares what a nobody like you even thinks. Get a clue about designer clothing and fashion in general. 

 

Before you bash China, go look at the living condition of some parts of Italy or Europe or parts of the US and then you can talk. FFS half the factories in LA employ illegals or Chinese workers who get paid cash under the table. Wake up dipshit.


Haha. Hyperbole at its best! You've proven yourself to be of outstanding character.

 

Why would I Google "RRL Discounts or "RRL 75% off outlets" when, again, as I've stated before, I worked for the company? Do you know what that means, Mr. RRL CLOTHING? 50 percent of full-priced items and 40 percent of sale items. Not a bad discount by any stretch. I, however, decided to leave after a short while because going to medical school is more important to me.

 

Ideally, I'll end up like you at some point in my life: a middle-aged, bitter, classless man putting on a front for the forum to see. And if you must know, I don't even know what trolling means. I'm sure you will carefully explain that to me, professor. Also, teach me about high-end fashion so I can return to my glory days at RRL, where we made fun of customers like you.

post #15868 of 20079
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwoodsman View Post


Haha. Hyperbole at its best! You've proven yourself to be of outstanding character.

 

Why would I Google "RRL Discounts or "RRL 75% off outlets" when, again, as I've stated before, I worked for the company? Do you know what that means, Mr. RRL CLOTHING? 50 percent of full-priced items and 40 percent of sale items. Not a bad discount by any stretch. I, however, decided to leave after a short while because going to medical school is more important to me.

 

Ideally, I'll end up like you at some point in my life: a middle-aged, bitter, classless man putting on a front for the forum to see. And if you must know, I don't even know what trolling means. I'm sure you will carefully explain that to me, professor. Also, teach me about high-end fashion so I can return to my glory days at RRL, where we made fun of customers like you.


You were probably were fired for buying and reselling. As is the story with all ex RRL employees who gravitate here. FYI I'm in my 20s. So wrong again, chump.

 

You sure you didn't quit once you realized your RRL collection came from China and you're such a moral stand up guy who stood up to the Man and demanded he rearrange his whole company to please someone who only considers buying his clothing @ 90% off?

post #15869 of 20079
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post


You were probably were fired for buying and reselling. As is the story with all ex RRL employees who gravitate here. FYI I'm in my 20s. So wrong again, chump.

 

You sure you didn't quit once you realized your RRL collection came from China and you're such a moral stand up guy who stood up to the Man and demanded he rearrange his whole company to please someone who only considers buying his clothing @ 90% off?


Okay. I mean, really, where is this heading? Nowhere productive. By the time I'm done responding to all of your accusations, everyone on the forum will know my social security number and date of birth. Not exactly my goal. I'd like to get back to discussing things relevant to the forum. I have nothing against you. If I rubbed you the wrong way, I'm sorry. But maybe you should chill? Maybe realize this is just an interest/hobby for a lot of people, and the last thing they want is people mouthing off over nothing. This started over nothing. It really did. I didn't "bash" Chinese made clothing. I offered my opinion. If it offended you, I'm sorry. 

post #15870 of 20079
I didn't know clothing had the same raging fanboys that video games have. This is embarrassing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread