or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1056

post #15826 of 21790
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbase View Post



What's up all? I'm new to this forum and already I'm asking for favors, lol but.......
Can anyone help me find this in XXL? Did they even make it in a XXL?

You should try an XL.
If it's anything like the indian head one from last year, it runs on the big.
post #15827 of 21790
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00bam View Post

i will say the china made polos from ralph lauren seem to be more comfortable at the top unlike the sri lanka polos where they seem to small/tight at the top

You will say that... regardless of it being neither edifying nor relevant.
post #15828 of 21790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldomero View Post

So much talk about copping great deals and ebay buys but I never see any user photos.

Word is born.
post #15829 of 21790
1
Edited by edubs01 - 8/31/13 at 6:33pm
post #15830 of 21790
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

No, because tweed pants are too geriatric for my tastes.

 

The point is, if these pants came from Italy or France they would easily cost over $1k. It doesn't even matter where it's constructed, the fabrics and design is what's important and RL's China plants have high quality standards. There is cheap China clothing and expensive China clothing just like there is cheap USA made and expensive. I'm tired of the China bashing that comes into play here every few months.

 

Furthermore, two posts don't go by in this thread without mentioning SilvioB or outlets. I sincerely doubt anyone in this thread has ever paid MSRP for anything.

 

"...Tweed pants are too geriatric for my tastes." I guess the implication being that you would, in fact, spend $490.00 on pants -- just not standard-issue geriatric ones. Good for you.

 

Not sure what part of what I said can be construed as China-bashing. I merely stated that I wouldn't purchase $490.00 pants -- or, if we're to be specific, bottoms -- made in Southeast Asia. It has less to do with quality and more to do with labor conditions. A bit overly enthused to protect the Chinese-made throne, eh?

 

Who (or what) is SilvioB?

post #15831 of 21790
lol @ $490 MIC pants
post #15832 of 21790
Pretty sure all of us have fancy $600 iPhones (or similar) that were Made in China and nobody is complaining.
post #15833 of 21790
well yes because they're certainly related lol8[1].gif
post #15834 of 21790

Or that their GM/Hyundai that is filled with 80% cheap Chinese components... 

 

Pretty sure people don't care where it's made when they get those big discounts. You don't have a problem with Made in China when it's cheap or on clearance and would buy those pants in a second if they hit your outlet for $75, but if you can't afford it everyone has to hear about how it's suddenly overpriced Chinese garbage.

 

Silvio is the guy with 15000fb who sells RRL @70-80% off to everyone on the forums. I'm sure he'll have those Chinese tweed pants listed for $99 in no time.

post #15835 of 21790
Now you're catching on, that's called value my friend.
post #15836 of 21790

Value is out the window when discussing overpriced, luxury, Designer clothing.

 

Lets get real, a pair of $50 Levis STF will probably outlast a pair of TR jeans that cost $320 made in LA. This has never ever been about quality.

 

Like I said, if those pants came from Italy for $500 he would not buy them either. The truth is when it's out of someone's budget they hate on RRL and find reasons to bash it.


That is all.

post #15837 of 21790
mmb9qajq9swpi8xxy76a.jpeg
post #15838 of 21790
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Or that their GM/Hyundai that is filled with 80% cheap Chinese components... 

 

Pretty sure people don't care where it's made when they get those big discounts. You don't have a problem with Made in China when it's cheap or on clearance and would buy those pants in a second if they hit your outlet for $75, but if you can't afford it everyone has to hear about how it's suddenly overpriced Chinese garbage.

 

Silvio is the guy with 15000fb who sells RRL @70-80% off to everyone on the forums. I'm sure he'll have those Chinese tweed pants listed for $99 in no time.


Ha! You paint with a broad brush, my friend: "...if you can't afford it everyone has to hear about how it's suddenly overpriced Chinese garbage."

 

I missed the part where I said that. And yes, if the pants were $70.00, or even $150.00, I'd buy them. But that's because I, personally, don't attach much value to them. Does that mean I can't afford them? Absolutely not.

post #15839 of 21790
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwoodsman View Post


Ha! You paint with a broad brush, my friend: "...if you can't afford it everyone has to hear about how it's suddenly overpriced Chinese garbage."

I missed the part where I said that. And yes, if the pants were $70.00, or even $150.00, I'd buy them. But that's because I, personally, don't attach much value to them. Does that mean I can't afford them? Absolutely not.



You cant afford them. You just said if they were cheaper you would buy them. You like them, you want them, you do not care if they are made in China but money (or lack of) is standing in your way.

If you need to think about it too hard, or make weird rational justifications, you really cant afford it. No sense in denying it. You know it to be true..
post #15840 of 21790

Another thing I'm curious to know now. You say if they were $70 you would buy them, because that seems to be what you are willing to spend or "value" on Chinese/SE Asian manufactured tweed pants?

 

Are you saying that the other $420 will be well justified if it were made in say.. the USA or Italy? Seems pretty steep to pay that much more for a factory in Italy to construct some fabrics.. it's not rocket science.

 

Or are you saying $500 for any pants made anywhere is $420 over what they "should" cost in your opinion? As you have also stated that being made in Italy would not change your mind about paying $490.  If that's the case, then you don't like these pants because they're overpriced in your opinion, not because they're made in China.

 

If PLRL charges $1200 for some Italian wool pants, why isn't $490 for Scottish tweed, designed in the USA, assembled in China, considered a steal? I definitely think so.

 

I think most men in the market for Dress clothing would find RRL fit and finish to be remarkable at any price, as well as the Rugby Haberdashery shop, both have high end formal wear for a fraction of their European counterparts. So I hope you will think twice before bashing China or thinking you know what it takes to successfully run a multi-billion dollar clothing empire.

foo.gif


Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 8/26/13 at 8:20pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread