or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1048

post #15706 of 21554
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


It's been asked and answered so many times. W Broadway.

+1

post #15707 of 21554
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Thanks, Gnatty. Out of curiosity, are the LWBs a JCrew version?

Yes, they are, although I think Epaulet has a similar model..
post #15708 of 21554
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Your RRL and Alden CXL look great together! I am curious how do you roll the jeans (it looks like it's a double roll about 1 1/2-2 inch high)? I actually just got the exact same pair of RRL in Portland wash which are about 2" inch longer than I normally wear. I was hoping to roll them up to wear with my AE longwings and Alden ranger mocs.  

Got my Portland wash in the mail today. Beautiful wash! I must admit though, they fit tight compare to the other RRL that I have. Not sure whether this is due to the Cone denim (all my other RRL jeans are made of the Japanese denim) or to the cut. What's your experience with them? Did they stretch a lot after you began wearing them. I actually never had Cone denim so I am not sure how it tends to behave down the road, 

 

Fwiw, they are also noticeably shorter. I typically wear 32x32 but I got these in 32x34 thinking I'd be able to roll the cuffs. However, the inseam is identical to my 32' jeans. 

post #15709 of 21554

As far as high end washes go Portland is pretty basic/bland. I don't know if it's the new wash labs or the new cone denim.

post #15710 of 21554
Yea my favorite is still the Canyon Creek wash although I had only seen it in pictures. Wasn't a fan of the washes with small holes/tears on the jeans. What was your favorite?
post #15711 of 21554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Yea my favorite is still the Canyon Creek wash although I had only seen it in pictures. Wasn't a fan of the washes with small holes/tears on the jeans. What was your favorite?

I do have Canyon Creek and I think it's fine, but it's certainly not my favorite. I will post a picture later on. 

post #15712 of 21554
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

As far as high end washes go Portland is pretty basic/bland. I don't know if it's the new wash labs or the new cone denim.

I wonder how you define high-end washes? I know some jeans retail for as low as $220, whereas some--like Portland--start at $360 and up. What makes Portland more expensive than, say, Spring Creek and is it worth the premium?

post #15713 of 21554

The best wash is the one you make yourself.

 

But if I had to choose, I like the dirty washes. Great Plains, Nevada, Carolina, etc.

 


Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 8/19/13 at 6:46pm
post #15714 of 21554
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

I wonder how you define high-end washes? I know some jeans retail for as low as $220, whereas some--like Portland--start at $360 and up. What makes Portland more expensive than, say, Spring Creek and is it worth the premium?

Most RRL jeans retail at $360 to $420 now. That's because they know they will have a sell down at 50-60% off. No way I'm paying $420 for cone denim there is just nothing to substantiate it. Spring Creek was a $300 wash. The only ones that are $240 now are Rigid jeans.

 

A few years back the nice washes retailed for $265-320, all Okayama denims, very nice washes (like PRPS Japan) and worth paying MSRP.

post #15715 of 21554
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Most RRL jeans retail at $360 to $420 now. That's because they know they will have a sell down at 50-60% off. No way I'm paying $420 for cone denim there is just nothing to substantiate it. Spring Creek was a $300 wash. The only ones that are $240 now are Rigid jeans.

 

A few years back the nice washes retailed for $265-320, all Okayama denims, very nice washes (like PRPS Japan) and worth paying MSRP.

Many thanks for the helpful insight!

 

May I ask you what's your opinion of the rigid and once washed denim? I got a pair of once washed just a few weeks ago, and like it a lot, especially given it's half the cost of RRL's premium washes. Also, did you have any experience with the RRL cords? I haven't seen them in person and I wonder if the quality/look justifies the $220 retail.

 

Btw, by looking at the RRL website I can't see anything priced north of $360 (Stillwater wash) at this point.

post #15716 of 21554
i finally got the chance to check out that "cat 13" jacket, and i hate to say it but the quality feels better than the indian patch one from last year.

PSA: i have one more size XL in the overdyed pocket t and just looking to get rid of it at cost ($23) so i can get it out with tomorrow's shipments. if anyone is interested you know what to do.
post #15717 of 21554
deez did you take your normal workshirt size for the indian patch and/or cat jacket or did you size up?
post #15718 of 21554
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

deez did you take your normal workshirt size for the indian patch and/or cat jacket or did you size up?

i wear a S in most BD's and a M in sweaters and jkts. i got a M in the indian patch jkt.
post #15719 of 21554
Personally my favorite wash was the Antique Indigo from a few of years ago. Was no distressing - was pretty similar to how raws fade after about a year.

I agree with RRL Clothing - the best washes are the ones you do yourself over a year or so of hard wear. My slim "one wash" are looking pretty nice now - I wear them on site constantly.

Does anyone know how to size women's RRL jeans? Looking for a pair of slims for my better half in an actual W28/29 X L31/32.
post #15720 of 21554
The women raws fits tightish my girlfriend is normally a 0 or 2 or 24/25 and the 24 is really tight. Think washes ones fit big though
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread