or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1044

post #15646 of 20941
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post


The rucksack is, what, a 1000 bucks on the site.

There's one on ebay for just shy of 1000 bucks, which amazes me since he offers no incentive to buy it. Why buy from him for nearly 1000 when I can buy from them for $995 and get the added benefit of being on future online exclusive invites?

But if this reseller happened to buy that bag for relatively quite cheap, say $200, giving him an obscenely low-ball offer (relative to his asking price) is not too bad at all relative to what he's into to it for.

So, offer the guy $500. He might still be making good money and you would likely never get that bag on sale for 50%. Even $600 would be good for him and a steep 40% off retail. So, go ahead and low-ball the guy. You never know.

 

Might you be the seller?  ;)

Ya, maybe I will.

Didn't know if something like that would ever go on sale on the actual site.

post #15647 of 20941
Is there an active bizrate coupon at the moment? If so then you could buy from Ralph for 10% off. Otherwise the advise given by somatoform is decent.
post #15648 of 20941
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Is there an active bizrate coupon at the moment? If so then you could buy from Ralph for 10% off. Otherwise the advise given by somatoform is decent.

 

I've messaged that seller before (rl_store) and they always immediately respond saying they never go down on their ebay prices

post #15649 of 20941
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post


The rucksack is, what, a 1000 bucks on the site.

There's one on ebay for just shy of 1000 bucks, which amazes me since he offers no incentive to buy it. Why buy from him for nearly 1000 when I can buy from them for $995 and get the added benefit of being on future online exclusive invites?

But if this reseller happened to buy that bag for relatively quite cheap, say $200, giving him an obscenely low-ball offer (relative to his asking price) is not too bad at all relative to what he's into to it for.

So, offer the guy $500. He might still be making good money and you would likely never get that bag on sale for 50%. Even $600 would be good for him and a steep 40% off retail. So, go ahead and low-ball the guy. You never know.

 

You need to understand the mentality of a Gold Powerseller.

 

RL store won't waste his time with low ball offers. He is literally a millionaire and just does this for fun.

 

As for incentives, he doesn't need any. An international customer will pay full price just for the privilege of having someone ship an expensive item to them overseas, without scamming them.

 

If resellers waited around for US customers to pay them good money they would all go out of business.

post #15650 of 20941

Just ordered the following RRL jacket from Malford:

 

 

Interestingly, and relevant to the above discussion regarding e-bay resellers, I initially sent a message to Denim-Vault about this same jacket, along with another RRL jacket I am also interested in.  When Denim-Vault ignored my message, I looked elsewhere and found the same jacket at Malford for $150 less.  Thank you Denim-Vault for not responding to my message -- you saved me $150.

post #15651 of 20941

 

so close to pulling the trigger on this guy... I'm so ready for fall/winter this year.

post #15652 of 20941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhibitA View Post

 

so close to pulling the trigger on this guy... I'm so ready for fall/winter this year.

My favorite piece too.

post #15653 of 20941
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Cross post. Portland wash in low straight:

Your RRL and Alden CXL look great together! I am curious how do you roll the jeans (it looks like it's a double roll about 1 1/2-2 inch high)? I actually just got the exact same pair of RRL in Portland wash which are about 2" inch longer than I normally wear. I was hoping to roll them up to wear with my AE longwings and Alden ranger mocs.  

post #15654 of 20941
Indigo striped shirt and canvas shorts. Texas heat.

post #15655 of 20941
Went by the w broadway store the other day. Great associates and experience , and a beer while you shop. Picked up a pair of raws for my gf, as for me an awesome selvedge shirt and these:
http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21363146&cp=1760781.11588650.12138268

Which are insanely long with something like a 38" inseam so I had them take off a few inches. And also these are great as well:

http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13088135&cp=1760781.11588650.12138268


Will definitely do another run through before I leave.
post #15656 of 20941

does anybody know where can i find this rrl jean 32 waist 

post #15657 of 20941
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post

Might you be the seller?  wink.gif
Ya, maybe I will.
Didn't know if something like that would ever go on sale on the actual site.

Ha! Yeah right. If I was I'd keep half the stuff he has. There's a good number of items I want off him. But unlike the rucksack they are not as close to retail.

Mind you, he does have 22 watchers on that bag so it can work both ways in his mind: with so many watchers, one has to pull the trigger sooner or later, or, with so many watchers and no buyers he must know that he has to lower the price sooner or later. Maybe he's waiting for the bag to be no longer available from the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

You need to understand the mentality of a Gold Powerseller.

RL store won't waste his time with low ball offers. He is literally a millionaire and just does this for fun.

As for incentives, he doesn't need any. An international customer will pay full price just for the privilege of having someone ship an expensive item to them overseas, without scamming them.

If resellers waited around for US customers to pay them good money they would all go out of business.

I don't know what his story is, but, true, some RRL resellers will not budge a single bit. I've tried, but to no avail...
post #15658 of 20941
I really don't think RL Store care about when he can sell it, or he just all sell them to Asia mostly. The price he charge is way out of the mark for a lot items (though some are inline) in the US market. You can buy suits/shirts cheaper in RL store when on sale than you can buy from him.
post #15659 of 20941
Quote:
Originally Posted by agg3l1koula View Post

does anybody know where can i find this rrl jean 32 waist 


cut? wash? looks like the slim bootcut repaired in 'santa fe wash' off the ralph lauren website--as good a place as any to start
post #15660 of 20941

i m searching now but nothing

there isn t in the website either in ebay

any ideas?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread